Revamp why pugs fail

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by krytine, Aug 4, 2017.

1. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Partly this is because not everyone has a support gear set. None of my alts have 2 sets of gear. They either get leveled as Healer or Troll or Tank or DPS. Trying to acquire two gear sets as you level is pretty much a waste of time. The result is that when they reach the current content, they have 190 DPS gear, but their support gear is likely <150. As far as resisting playing support, I find it quite understandable. When was the last time you heard someone blame the DPS? It happens, but rarely. It's almost always a support role that gets blamed. Need more power...are you gonna heal...this guy can't tank at all. That being the case, I can understand why someone wouldn't want to even try it.
    • Like x 2
  2. TheDrone Well-Known Player

What I don't like is volume. I don't understand why you have to set people's mic volumes individually. There should be a maximum volume that's gonna blast into my earphones if I've got the sound on. If I've got it set at 50%, that should correspond with a specific maximum volume and it should reduce EVERY incoming sound to that maximum. But it doesn't. And that's why I won't turn on my sound unless people specifically ask me to. I'm sick of turning it up because the first 4 people that talk are barely audible only to find out that person #5 is practically screaming and I just blew out an eardrum. Also, people who sit there and play an entire raid with the "push to talk" button engaged REALLY piss me off. I don't need to listen to you breathe for an hour. I don't need to listen to your rap music blaring in the background. I don't need to listen to your dog barking nonstop. Get in a quiet room...push the button...talk...disengage the button.
  3. supalova20 Well-Known Player

I don't need to listen to your COUNTRY MUSIC ROCK N ROLL POP either.......geez
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I agree that communication needs to happen, but you don't need to be in chat. I've PUGed everything for years. I'm almost 40, so I really don't have much to talk to some of these younger boys. Plus I don't like being in chat with people that drop the "N" bomb every other word and aren't even black, lol. Not that I am, but I wouldn't want people saying cracker this and cracker that either, lol.
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Hate this too, but for me it's hearing some people horrible taste in rap music.
  6. krytine Loyal Player

Look man i totally agree with that nonsense to many ppl have little respect for others. But i will always go into chat first to see what is going on then if an idiot child is talking like that i will leave it and the idiot child does not mean anything about age. But in order to communicate you don't always have to be in chat as long as you work together and see what is going on. However with alot of newer players that have not done the mechanics that doesn't believe in working with others that chases the damage board needs to be in chat to hear whats going on. I am a big believer in Murphy's law if it can go wrong it will. And dude from what i have seen of most of your post you have a pretty good idea of whats going on. But those that speak how your talking dont usually want to work with others and if they are disrespecting others they can leave or be kicked. I work way to many hrs to deal with ppl like that.
    • Like x 1
  7. Xalhadrin New Player

Honestly, I have no interest in everyone else's music, baby's crying, mom nagging, mouth breathing, crunching, eating and racist comments with their mic constantly on. I would rather fail the pug then listen to any of that again. Aside from that, I have my own music/podcasts to listen to which is wayyyyy more interesting than most people who have their mic on. I'm a PC player, I can type and read just fine. I don't need your annoying background noises. It has happened EVERY SINGLE TIME I've turned on the voice chat. I'm simply done with it. You want to communicate with me, learn to type.
    • Like x 2
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

I hear ya, but I can't block and open up my chat box to type "Block!!" at the same time. :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Lucifercare New Player

Yesterday I myself had a bad experience with pugging on my 61cr nature healer alt on strikers island alert (T3) We were all in the 60 cr range. Our group format was 3 dps and myself as healer, we get to grodd and we are fighting the adds. But, before we got into that room I told my group to stay together because those adds do a lot of damage and you can not solo them alone at tier level. All of a sudden, one of the dps starts to split up from us and is across the room and getting ganged up by 3 adds and dies.

I couldn't heal him because where grodd is, is that platform, and that dps was beyond that and therefore heals would not get through to him. He dies 3 of us left, half way through the bosso fight I die very quickly because by me healing I get all this aggro and I am suddenly acting like a tank which is of course, bad. After I die, the other 2 wipe. After round of failing we go again, same thing happens with the same guy, he splits up. Again, we died later on, same issue.

3rd try, I ask 1 of them to tank because I noticed 1 of them was ice and as a dps he was shielding himself while fighting (he was also the guy who split up everytime), and I needed a tank so that I wouldn't get jumped. He switches to tank and 1 of the other dps leaves. We open up for another player and we get a 198 ice dps. The 198 goes in solo, without us knowing and beats the boss fights in a couple minutes with out us. The experience of true team play and learning with other at tier leveled players was ruined. We said thank you to the guy but the rest of us weren't happy or thrilled by any means for getting carried. That was my PUG issue, lol.
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

there is that and i agree but then there is also the fact that 90% of the players sucks at the game
  11. loupblanc Dedicated Player

If it was me, I would have kicked the dps that kept splitting away from the group, if there was no response after trying to communicate with that dps to stop that and stay with the group.