Returning player

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Sceada, May 7, 2020.

1. Sceada New Player

Hey guys

Last time I've played this game was back in 2012/2013 so its pretty much a new game for me from what I've seen so far.

Since im kinda lost ingame right now I have a few questions:

Are there any good guides for returning players you can recommend and are up to date?

I bought a membership for this month to try out some new powersets and i started to like quantum a lot. Is it viable later on as dps and or controller? Im doing pve content only.

Is there any superior power set for healing right now? I always play 2 characters at a time one as healer only and the other controller/dps. Back in my days i played with gadgets and electricity.

When it comes to dps powers whats the meta nowadays do you play with might or precision?

What about skill points? Last time i played there was a big difference between a player with 100+ SP and someone who didn't have this much. Did this change?

And another last question for now is about raising my CR:

From what I've seen so far you don't actually have to farm tier 1 first, tier 2 after, then tier 3 and so on right? It seems like all tiee sets share the same marks now and you can buy basically every gear from a vendor once you reached a CR cap?

I apologize if this is too much of a text wall but im trying to figure out if this game is still worth playing when i start again from scratch.

The day daybrake or whoever took over i lost my account and now im forced to start over again.

Greetings and thanks to everyone answering!
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Electricity is a great power for both damage and healing. A few tweaks were made to the healing which I mention in my guide. Sorcery is the most challenging healing power; it didn't make out well in the revamp. You could try Water as well as it has a lot of different mechanics.

I play a Quantum DPS at endgame with might build and I do alright. I don't rely on Superspeed and Whirling Dervish for damage. I am not one for playing Precision since I play with a keyboard and mouse it's very difficult for me to do the flurry shot clip that most Prec players rely on for their damage. Quantum has always been a good Controller power.

Players who play precision use a standard meta but it relies on Weapon Mastery for DW>Bow. There are other weapons that still can be used like 2H and Shield.

Artifacts help make up for a lack of SP but some Artifacts, like Transformation and Strategist Card are not available until much later in the game. Prec players prefer these Artifacts so there is that to consider.

Good luck.
    • Like x 1