Returning player - help!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Siha, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Siha New Player

So, I last played before DCUO went free to play, and I logged on once a few years back, was confused out of my mind, and promptly quit again. This weekend I felt like checking it out, remembering how much fun it was back then, and reinstalled the game.

I have to admit, I'm very stumped. I have a level 30 character, but pretty much everything is unfamiliar, and I have no idea where to start with max-level content.

What should I be looking at? Where do I start? (And are there any good guides for returning players?)

Help appreciated! :)
  2. Siha New Player

Any takers? :)
  3. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

Sent you some info in a 'Conversation'. Also, if you open the 'On Duty' menu (Y key on a PC) it will show you Events, 1, 2, 4 and 8 Player missions available. You'd pick the ones for your Tier (Kahndaq 8-player raid for Tier 2 for example). That will give you an idea of where to go, what to do.

Use the LFG channel to try to find people for the lower Tier content which may be difficult at times. Don't be afraid to ask for help / advice in chat; most people are willing to help a new / returning player.

I think going to Doomed Metropolis is a good way to get used to doing things again. Your stats are pumped up to meet the required CR, and you can do missions and get in groups to fight the bounties and big Doomsday.

If you are re-starting as F2P, not everything will be available to you, so keep that in mind.

Also, there are tons of great tutorials on DCUO on Youtube, from how to best use your powers to a basic intro to the game. I believe there was a big revamp on the game in 2017 so you may wish to look at videos later than that to get the most current info.
    • Like x 1