Returning customer excited about playing again

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Thechemicals, May 22, 2013.

1. Thechemicals New Player

Hi im Brayan in Florida an i played DC when it was released for maybe 3-4 months then left for civilizations which has always been my favorite game. My girlfriend and i play diablo 3 (hardcore only) and we recently have been looking for a new game, and i remember this game being a good one, so we both have installed it and will be playing sometime tonight or tommorrow.
    I remember this game being very fun and full of content though im not naturally an mmo player, but more of a competitive ladder and tournament player all my life. I think my only fuss about this game was a game mechanic that could not be changed and was very limitiing to my "keyboard face-rolling" skills. You see, i have been playing pvp in fps,mmo,rts, and any format that can pit myself against other players my whole life, and i was unhappy with the speed of the control interface when using skills. I have always been used to fast use of skills and speed and full interface control of mouse/keyboard to character.
    Im sure that Dcuo still has the same blocky mechanic since the game must follow the parameters of the slower and more limited console systems, but if any changes have happened please post for me. Any change would be good. I do believe this games corporate direction to enter the console world for increased player base/revenue hurt its ability to be faster and most fluid in controls but im ready to see past that now and just play with my girlfriend at a funner and more relaxed pace.
    I have researched much of the games progress in dlc and hotfixes, and i must say; they work hard to make its customers happy, for the most part. I havent decided yet if i will be a legend customer since i am looking at guildwars2 and elderscrolls mmo, but i do plan on giving this game a chance to woo me again. Im glad for this and i think this games proactivness in new content and patching will give it longevity for 10+ years.

Anyways im done rambling for now....im goin g to look through the guilds and see if i can hook up with some like minded people my age lol. Thanks for reading- peace!