Resurgence Returns with Powerset Chromas!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Earth742 Well-Known Player

I recently freed up some space in my characters' Banks, by gifting extra collections items and lowbie gear to my new alts.
    I did not have a stockpile of Stabilizers saved, as I had been opening Shazam & Dark Knight TCs.
    The drop rate on the Resurgence TCs is very, very high. I had to take a break from the dailies in Metal Gotham to Bank Resurgence TCs.
    I hope i'll be able to open more than just one or two in the time we have.

Having upgraded to a subscription, I am disappointed the drop rates on Promethium LBs is down from what it is w/o a sub. Raising the drop rate of PLBs slightly, and tweaking the Resurgence TCs' drop rates to slightly less, would be very much appreciated. Please.
    Thank You.

Member Reward Boxes: in the first week of Metal, I got a handful of Enhanced Dystopian style pieces; after that week none have been dropping from my Member Reward Boxes. Is this a bug? Or very, very bad rng?
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

I gotta hand it to you guys, Oceans did a great job in general with these!

My Water healer's definately going to make good use out of the Surging & Arctic Chromas, aswell as an obligatory Angelic-build with the wonderful Glorious Chroma!

I feel bad for Earth getting screwed over on theirs, but as a Fire main I am truly thankful for both the Scorching and Terrestrial Chromas, they both look badass on a Fire toon!

A bit disappointed at how the Sparking Chroma turned out, the colors chosen drags down what could've looked so much better. I'll probably grab it for my Electric toon once the price on the broker have become cheap enough, but I doubt i'll ever wear it all that much.
    • Like x 2
  3. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

SECOND CHANCE VENDOR: BOOSTER GOLD

The Booster Gold Second Chance Vendor has been updated to include items from the Arcane Time Capsule and the Time-Torn Time Capsule, to join items already there from Time Capsules 1-4. Look for Booster Gold in your HQ, standing right next to the Rewards from Time & Space Vendor in the central hub. His items are available for Quarks. Remember, Quarks are the currency found in any and all Time Capsules.

How about adding items from previous Booster Bundles to the Second Chance Vendor? Cosmic material, Smoke aura, etc.
    • Like x 1
  4. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I have nothing against you guys doing mega time capsules but can we please get them to stack? The only issue I find with them, they take up a lot of space. Between the Halloween candy and Mega capsules, spaces in the inventory are filling up fast.
    • Like x 2
  5. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Sadly they can't stack because each has a separate countdown ticker.
    It would be easiest for them to tweak the drop rates, so we aren't drowning in them.
    Best thing they could do, is give us a secondary inventory tab like in Star Trek Online; in that MMO all crafting mats and crafting-related items are a separate inventory tab.
    So for DCUO, they could do the same, with our crafting mats and plans going into a crafting mats tab/inventory. This way the Nth Metal drops and RTC drops won't choke our main inventory.
    Having a 3rd inventory just for the RTCs would be nice, to keep them from cluttering main inventory.
  6. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

I too agree that while every power was extremely well done and spot on I do think Earth more then anyway got the short end of the stick. I was disappointed when I put it on my earth toon because it really doesn't represent the actual Earth powers we have in game. I noticed during the live stream Oceans made mention of the Earth Chroma reflecting more of the powerset but literally not one single Earth power has anything to do with a volcano. We don't even have a lava golem pet. Its literally all sand and rocks. Fire has the volcano powers.

And Sparking I think should have probably had a blue variant because the Electric power isn't exactly pure Yellow but I still think the power is reflected as good as the others. This is one of the best material packs we got in my opinion over all
    • Like x 2
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

To further clarify, the chroma reward box is tradeable, and then specific powerset reward box (Scorching, Surging, etc) is tradeable.

Once you open the specific powerset box, the three variants inside are locked to that character.
    • Like x 6
  8. Aren Sul Committed Player

Bingo! Thanks much Mepps, this is the info I was looking for.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've never agreed with that. Don't prestige tokens have separate timers? Those stack. I'd guess the clutter creates a sense of urgency to open them just to reduce clutter...if you are inclined to opening them vs delete/selling them.

This is the same with the newer reward boxes from the megas. The powerset aura boxes stacked till opened...ever since each box takes a slot meaning you don't want to sit on them too long. I prefer to sit on a stack of stuff a while unless I need something...hopefully opening something that will reap some windfall later, but it does eat a lot of space as singles.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  10. Controller Devoted Player

These Powerset Chromas are the bomb.

Well done Devs!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

All the Powerset Chroma mats. ;)
  12. Exodusblack Well-Known Player

The furious chroma has way too much white in it! Red and black, it's not hard. Sinister looks awesome but the furious was a waste of 40 mil in game.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Agreed. It would have been better to replace the white material with a red metal.
  14. fm0987 Committed Player

Random? Right. You're telling me this isn't heavily weighted to likely drop repeats so people spend more? I pulled 3x glowing chroma in a row, what are the odds of that? Don't even really care for materials and /or accessories so whatever, just seemed blatantly obvious to me something isn't right.
    • Like x 1
  15. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

17 but no feats 17×50 points boy did they ever miss the jackpot, I'll pass on this. Although they did end up getting me to open one by accident which happens every time these come out. Which makes me very upset trying to delete this mess!!!
  16. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I opened four, and got four different chromas, one of which was Glowing, so not really seeing any sign of weighting so far. But with such a small sample (4, or 3 in your case) it's way to soon to do any sort of accurate statistical analysis.
  17. fm0987 Committed Player

Yeah idk just seemed a bit fishy but I don't really use materials anyway, kinda tacky/ gaudy imo, so whatever, idc. I opened with saved up stabilizers, not bought direct from the market, so that may also play into some hidden mechanic that influences drops and/ or likelihood of repeats. That or I'm just incredibly unlucky (or super lucky I guess) in terms of odds, I'm pretty sure that should be less than a 1% chance to get 3x in a row of the same, but I'm sure there are many other influencing factors that differ from irl probability (is any "rng" truly random, probably not). If I was legendary and I actually cared about these, would just buy from the broker. Gave one away, collected one, and traded one to someone who also said they pulled 2 of the same in a row.
  18. Earth742 Well-Known Player

FYI, if your pc/platform is low on memory, that can fudge rng, hiccupping/repeating the prior result.

Is there only the 1 Chroma or is it a 3-pack for each powerset? If it is only the 1 I can understand, but as 1 of 3 a white/red does make some sense. "White Hot Fury" is a thing, and more than comics writers have used it.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've gotten 3 Nuclear and 0 Glowing.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Opened 42 in total across 5 accounts. Legendary account opened 16, got 15 different mats with the 1 double was surging. On one of the other accounts I opened 6 boxes, got 4 mats with 2x Scorching and 2x arctic. Kind of lost count after that, but I'll probably pool them all on one toon and see what I've got at the end of the release(figure I'll still knock out 5 or 6 more by the end). All in all I'd say it's pretty random with equal amount of chance on each one. Unlike the powerset auras and mats from previous megas, which seemed weighted against scorching and furious and towards wild and wicked.

Although I've got to say I can't see myself ever putting very many on. Will just be a money making device for later for me. I'm kind of burnt out on materials....on to the next thing I think.

Reinheld