Resurgence Returns with Powerset Chromas!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

NEW IN THE MARKETPLACE: RESURGENCE MEGA CAPSULE & POWERSET CHROMAS

It's Resurgence time. The Resurgence Mega Capsule is back for a limited time, featuring all new Powerset Chromas (Materials) and one each of Time Capsules 7-15.

The Mega Capsule is dropping in-game now (opened with Stabilizers) AND is also available for purchase directly in the Marketplace. Catch up on past Time Capsules, take advantage of the discount, and collect any these 17 new Powerset Chromas.

Plus, the Booster Gold Second Chance vendor has been updated, too. Details follow!

RESURGENCE MEGA CAPSULE

Resurgence is the ultimate time to catch up on past Time Capsules, stock up on Quarks, and pick up bonus styles. This Mega Capsule includes NINE of our past Time Capsules, already unlocked and ready to be opened. This time, the included Time Capsules are #7 through #15 (listed below).

Additionally, the Resurgence Mega Capsule comes with the Chroma Reward Box, which randomly includes one of the following new Powerset Chroma sets listed below. (Yes, sets! Each reward box you receive will include all three versions of whichever Chroma you have acquired.)

PLEASE NOTE: Each box of three Chromas is tradeable, but once opened the individual Chromas themselves are not tradeable.

Each dropped Resurgence Mega Capsule can be opened using 7 Stabilizers OR can be purchased directly in the Marketplace for 700 Daybreak Cash (PC) or Marketplace Cash (PS, Xbox, NS). There is no difference between the dropped version and the Marketplace version, so you can go ahead and choose whichever method is most convenient for you.

To recap, you will get $9 worth of unlocked Time Capsules PLUS the Chroma Reward Box for just 700 Daybreak/Marketplace Cash or 7 Stabilizers. Here's what that looks like:
    • 1 Unlocked Gotham Time Capsule
    • 1 Unlocked Notorious Time Capsule
    • 1 Unlocked Paradox Time Capsule
    • 1 Unlocked Assassin Time Capsule
    • 1 Unlocked Kryptonian Time Capsule
    • 1 Unlocked Cursed Gotham Time Capsule
    • 1 Unlocked Atlantean Time Capsule
    • 1 Unlocked SHAZAM! Time Capsule
    • 1 Unlocked Dark Knights Time Capsule
    • BONUS: 1 Chroma Reward Box
    These nine unlocked Time Capsules include everything that the original locked and dropped versions included.

Head to this guide for a refresher on what comes in each capsule.

POWERSET CHROMAS

The Chroma Reward Box will include one random set of Chromas from the 17 listed below. Reminder: The set of Chromas can be traded, but once opened the individual Chromas themselves cannot be traded. Each Chroma set includes three versions of the Powerset Chroma.
    • Arctic Chroma Set (Ice)
    • Mechanized Chroma Set (Gadgets)
    • Sparking Chroma Set (Electricity)
    • Mystical Chroma Set (Sorcery)
    • Glowing Chroma Set (Light - Hero)
    • Sinister Chroma Set (Light - Villain)
    • Furious Chroma Set (Rage)
    • Enigmatic Chroma Set (Mental)
    • Surging Chroma Set (Water)
    • Scorching Chroma Set (Fire)
    • Watchful Chroma Set (Munitions)
    • Temporal Chroma Set (Quantum)
    • Terrestrial Chroma Set (Earth)
    • Wild Chroma Set (Nature)
    • Nuclear Chroma Set (Atomic)
    • Wicked Chroma Set (Celestial Cursed)
    • Glorious Chroma Set (Celestial Blessed)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

SECOND CHANCE VENDOR: BOOSTER GOLD

The Booster Gold Second Chance Vendor has been updated to include items from the Arcane Time Capsule and the Time-Torn Time Capsule, to join items already there from Time Capsules 1-4. Look for Booster Gold in your HQ, standing right next to the Rewards from Time & Space Vendor in the central hub. His items are available for Quarks. Remember, Quarks are the currency found in any and all Time Capsules.

Log in now to get your new Resurgence Mega Capsule, dropping everywhere in-game and available in the Marketplace. The marketplace and in-game Resurgence Mega Capsules will only be available through November 13, 2019.

Resurgence Mega Capsule begins October 16, 2019, and ends November 13, 2019. The Resurgence Mega Capsule is account bound. The items found inside are tradeable. If unopened, dropped Resurgence Mega Capsules will expire after 14 days.
    • Like x 9
  2. Aren Sul Committed Player

I missed the presentation (I'm at work ;)), but do I understand this correctly:
    • There's one random Powerset Chroma in a Powerset Chroma box
    • You don't know which until you open it
    • Once you open it, you can't trade it.
    Not arguing the rules. If them's the rules, them's the rules. But I'm trying to figure out if the opening risk on characters I might want a PowerSet Chroma is worth the cost trade-off.
    • Like x 1
  3. Awsome Well-Known Player

The box is random, that can be opened. The Chorma set inside can be traded. once the set is open, its locked.
    • Like x 3
  4. Atzec-Rasta Level 30

Help. I was charged for the 10$ price and now it won't let me use my. Cc on the PS4
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

very well done. they're all outrageously beautiful.

might be a nice idea to suggest expanding our materials tab into "materials" and "chromas". that tab is buggy even at the best of times.
  6. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Chromas? Are these the Materials that I've been asking for the several months or are these something else? The pix don't really show the same level of detail as what's in game. They kind of look like what I've been asking for the last several months but I can't exactly tell. And the word 'chroma' is throwing me off, too.

Just wondering if this might be worth coming back to the game to get. Maybe I'll login and pick one up and see what happens.
    • Like x 1
  7. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Are the chromas once opened account bound or per char?
  8. Lugo Well-Known Player

Imagine if instead of buying access to feats, SPs and styles and more SPs with time capsules, the devs created content you play to earn these rewards instead.

Imagine if these powerset auras could be earned in content based around your power and how well you used it. Like if Atrocitus had a challenge or mission for you and the rage aura was a drop, or Mr. Freeze, or whoever or whatever. You play the game, you succeed with each role of your power, you get a chance at your powerset aura.

I'm just saying if you had to play the game to get rewarded that would be more interesting and fun than just gambling. So much wasted potential.
    • Like x 9
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, and I'm sure I'll find out personally today or tomorrow, unless you have verified that, I'd be skeptical. It seems worded different than before. I'm hoping you are right. Open resurgence cap....get 'chroma reward' box(untradable)....open chroma box get 'Scorching chroma box'(example...could be any powerset....tradable)....open Scorching chroma box get Scorching Chroma1/2/3 mats(account bound...or untradable?).

As long as that 'Scorching chroma box' is tradable I think we are good to go. Anything different will A) be non-standard for what has come before and B) unloved by most.

BTW...is anyone else getting a bit worn out by all these? We have only 3 materials slots and like 100+ materials at this point (potentially 51 in this set alone)...with the 1-off materials, powerset materials, chroma materials and other chromas it's all becoming a blur to me.

Reinheld
  10. LoganCaron Active Player

All those mats are pretty nice..but what would be cool is that we can put Mats on pieces of the the gear..choose where we want to put it so that it dosent cover up all the gear..mixed it up with the color palette..now that would be awsome
    • Like x 2
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I show how the TC and Chroma Works in this video. ;)
    • Like x 3
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

while I agree with you, sadly, the thing is what it is. this is the game now. &, like as not, this is what keeps the game afloat.
  13. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

What helmet is the nature model wearing?

ty in advance!
  14. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Note to devs: Laughing Knight (Forbidden) gear still says it's max at 232. When you open the box it does go beyond 232 - just need an update to the description is needed.
  15. recoil2 Dedicated Player

appears to be the phantom zone reaver style (villains PVP).
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

well gosh darn!...
  17. Lugo Well-Known Player

If they had focused on making the game better this whole time then the game by itself would be what keeps it afloat, not finding new ways to sell you rewards and progress. It's just sad.
  18. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Same with some others, for example, High-Density. Gearbox says 212, but it does attune up to 242.
    • Like x 1
  19. Aren Sul Committed Player

Thank you!
    • Like x 2
  20. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

What does the girl on Mepps' right say at the end of the video? I mean, she says something she isn't supposed to, in fact Oceans, Mepps and Prey are like "Oh my god, shut up" :D, but I can't catch her words and I'm curious XD.