Rest in Peace, Batman

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Eve YouTuber

Kevin Conroy, the legendary voice of Batman, passed away at 66
    https://thedirect.com/article/batman-kevin-conroy-dies

This is breaking my heart as he was the voice of my childhood and THE Batman for me. He also played him in DCUO. I can't warp my head around it. I got the news during my streams too and I had to look it up. :\
    • Like x 22
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

:(

His portrayal of Batman helped define and influence so many that came after him in the role, both in animation and in live action. A terrible loss, to be sure.

Rest in peace, good sir.
    • Like x 10
  3. Brandon-richard Active Player

Rest in peace to the best Batman to ever lace up the cowl.
    • Like x 11
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I met Kevin at MegaCon in May. I told him about EconoKnight and how I had been on DCUO adventures with him everyday for 11 years. I started to walk off, and I just blurted it out - “I love ya, man.” He smiled. Glad I said it
    • Like x 15
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

Well, a lot of expletives is what I want to post, but I'll refrain. This one hurts. I've only recently starting going to cons and was looking forward to a meet and greet, even though he pulled out of a recent one I went to. I guess he hasn't been well for a while. Sigh.
    • Like x 9
  6. Ozman Well-Known Player

Devastated.
    • Like x 8
  7. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

What A Humongous Tragedy To The Everyone Who Ever Got To Hear His Voice & Admire His Work

He Was Thee Batman Forever A Legend To All Of Us
    He Was The Blue Print

What He Made Defined The Tone & The Way Batman Should Be Portrayed

Forever Be Our BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT

Rest In Paradise
    • Like x 8
  8. BumblingB I got better.

This was heartbreaking. He was the nices person I've met at a con. Loved his fans and being Batman. I'm going to miss hearing his voice. Rest in Peace, Kevin. You were loved and will be missed.
    • Like x 10
  9. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Too young to go :(
    • Like x 7
  10. Ryll Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  11. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 11
  12. Random Mind Dedicated Player

The Man, The Myth, The Legend...

[IMG]

Rest in Peace Mr. Conroy, you were The Batman.
    • Like x 12
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

RIP.

One of the all-time great voice actors - he was THE voice of Batman.

We have been very lucky as a community to have him as an integral part of DC Universe Online for the last decade plus, voicing Batman even as recently as the Dark Knights episode earlier this year (possibly one of his last jobs/VA as Batman).

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends at this time.
    • Like x 10
  14. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 7
  15. myandria Item Storage

"Sigh" Truly a sad day and the rain isn't helping. :(

I wonder though: who will portray the voice of Batman for animated movies going forward, IF WB/Discovery decides to produce any? Will this game ever have another "Batman" themed content or will it go the way of the "Bat Family" themed content?
    • Like x 6
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

RIP Mr Conroy. You will be missed by a generation (or 2) of people who might not even have known your name, but I'd assume loved your work all the same.
    • Like x 8
  17. Jcal Dedicated Player

I introduced B:TAS to my young niece yesterday because she randomly brought up Harley. She's been watching some trendy thing on TikTok or Youtube about Harley and Joker cosplay. So being the old fart that I am, I told her I wanted to show her the "real Harley." I hyped up TAS, she bit, and of course TAS delivered... because it's TAS! We spent a fun evening watching Harley & Ivy, Harlequinade, and other great episodes. For that 1hr+, I felt as young as my niece again, whisked away to Gotham City by one of the greatest animated shows to ever be produced, worked on by some of the most talented people on this Earth.

And this is what awaits the following morning. It's soul crushing. I introduced my niece to one of my childhood heroes last night... and today he's gone; The Dark Knight is gone. Taken too young. Rest easy, Kevin Conroy. We all love you and we will all miss you dearly. Thank you for sharing your talent with the world and thank you for the many precious memories.
    • Like x 9
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

One of the major reasons I enjoyed this game was because he was in it. I got to see him at NY comic con 2019 for the Batman Beyond panel and it was awesome! I grew up hearing his voice like so many. From girly looking boy to a 34yo macho muscle man he was my Batman! Was hoping he would voice Batman through his 70s but yeesh! So emo right now. RiP K.C.
    • Like x 7
  19. Kittori New Player

Absolutely devastated. He was such a sweet person to meet at conventions ;-;
    • Like x 2
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

I never got to meet him, but dang Batman won't quite be the same anymore RiP Kevin Conroy
    • Like x 9