Respec Me!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Veritasum, Jun 17, 2014.

1. StealthBlue Loyal Player

That is what i was saying earlier. There is a T3 dps style, that is what you are purchasing when you buy dps pieces from the T3 vendors. There used to be four vendors and each only sold one set of armor (tank, troll, healer, or dps). When they decided to use the dps vendor for the first T5 armor, the just added the sale of the dps set to the other three vendors. For proof look at your feat menu, unless you have swapped powers and collected at least one piece, you will only see the feats for the T3 dps set and the role set corresponding to your power.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheRealDeathern New Player

Thanks for the response, I guess i totally missed the boat. Sorry to misinform anyone. On a side note, I have been a tank, troll and heal on my main toon at some point in time. It will be interesting to see what I have unlocked, and what I failed to pick up when I was one of those respected roles in the past...
    • Like x 1
  3. Falco Committed Player

I just finished this on my controller too. I stayed in controller role and just put all the styles I had farmed into my bank and inventory until I collected everything I needed for each role. When I finished, I just used my tokens and finished all the styles and was back in controller role in about 30 minutes. I know you want to get the heartshard and seraph gear (man those were a pain), collect the t3 vendor gear as soon as you switch roles, and definitely just pick up other rare styles to help finish controller styles too i.e. sector, time traveler, viking, and others. I'm really happy to have that grind behind me, good luck to you.
    • Like x 1
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Yes, i have the last pieces of shaman and the braniac invader chest ready for when i do this, but i realized i wanted to wait and collect either time traveler or traces in time (the one that only drops in paradox wave, the other is a dps set) first
    • Like x 1
  5. Veritasum Loyal Player

Ha, I guess another good way to go about seeing what styles are for what is to look at my alts for the different roles as you say. Duh. Just haven't ran with my alts in a while. :(
  6. Scion Of Society Well-Known Player

Check it out about to save you 5 bux from my error. So as has been mentioned multiple times there is the T3 specific armor, but outside that all styles share 2 out of 3 roles in common, IE Heartshard is tank AND healer, Seraph Healer AND tank, so unless you want that extra 50 points you only need to be 2 out of 3 roles. However there also is a General feat for reach level 10 as a role, so each role has a total of 60 feat points associated extra with it (possibly the heal 10000 damage in PVP..been too long ) So that being said I would reccomend either switching to both roles and staying after second respec(if you wanna play new power) or just swith to one role then switch back.
    • Like x 1
  7. Novaks New Player

I know right? I bought it since last years and it is still one of my favorite marketplace item to date because I constantly keep using it (clearing my inventory and obtaining the salvage feat has never been easier) but I feel that we should have more of these am I right? I would pay 9.99 for a portable repair robot, portable mail, portable bank and portable broker. I would spend $40 dollars on this in a heart beat.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sir Arcanium New Player

It is cool and sad that the R&D station is the only reusable market place item like that. All the rest are one use... which is really dumb for broker, mail etc. How hard up do you have to be to need to use them right then and there? Sadly I feel the Dev's make far to much money off of repair bots to ever put them into a reusable item category.
    • Like x 1
  9. Veritasum Loyal Player

Agreed. I keep all kinds of stuff in my inventory. Probably don't have to keep most of it, but that's just me. With the workstation I could be farming and Queing for stuff and cleaning my inventory without needing to go back to base. Saves me time. The other stuff would be cool too. I can't stand seeing the mail icon up. I want to check it now! :) But yeah, I would only pay for a permanent type set up.
    • Like x 1
  10. Novaks New Player

I know exactly what you mean man, I cannot see that mail icon on for too long otherwise I would lose my mind.
    • Like x 1