Resisting the urge to use replays on content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Is it just me? Or is it getting easier to resist the urge to use replay badges on raids anymore. I was once quilty of replaying content over and over. But now it just seems like a chore.

And i dont like chores...

Anyone else feeling this way? Is it because of the new content release schedule? I mean, it is getting pretty bad. I just mod with betas now. (I swore I would NEVER do this, but why mod 7's?) i just seem to get lazy because the game has allowed me to be lazy.

Dont get me wrong, I still think DC universe is awesome. But due to changes, its not giving me the incentive to replay anymore..

Thoughts?
    • Like x 9
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Honestly IMO episode 21 looks like it took a serious amount of work. And imo I thought they put more effort for that episode than the ending of the WoL.

I'll admit I have replayed the new raid 4 times. Only because I have ran it with friends and I like the whole feel of going back into strikers.

However the absence of solo content is starting to take effect and I understand they are doing alot for crossplay and XB1 launch and taking time away from LPVE to do tutorial fixes. That is understandable.

I guess for me I just have to have hope until May when they can get the XB1 out and the new form of progression setup.
    • Like x 5
  3. Proxystar #Perception

As I pointed out in another thread, there is no more or no less solo and small group content than has ever been present historically throughout the games history, if need be I can provide the documented proof; again.

I don't understand where people keep drawing your conclusion from.
  4. xhalur Well-Known Player

The only time I really use RBs lately is to unlock Feats on an Alt that I currently enjoy playing.

I haven't used RBs to actually re-run content in quite a long time, and I'm perfectly okay with that.
    • Like x 3
  5. Nu31 Well-Known Player

I'm confused when you say "why mod with VIIs?" .... You know you'll have that gear for a quarter of a year, right? ...
  6. Brother Reimar Well-Known Player

So i has a confuzz.

I dont use RBs at all right now. But now i see them on feats i have not done on alts... And i run alts all the time cause i like to do different things all the time.

So why do i need to use them on feats if i still get the points towards Skill Points? Is there something else extra i get?

Also non related but i cant find the answer anywhere... What good are tokens??? I just us3 them and dont know whaf they do or how i should even be using them.
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Actually people are comparing the monthly content setup compared to 2014 solo and alert content setup. In the end of a year of monthly content vs 2014. There will be a big difference in the amount of solo and alert content however there will also be a big difference in the amount of raids and duos produced.

But like many have pointed out, its not really the solo content that is hurting. Its the overall quality of content in general that players feels is de-evolving.
    • Like x 4
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Don't forget the dailies like WoLpt1, AFpt1 and WoLpt2. I atually miss those wandering around open world. And bounties :(

But quality, and effort took a massive punch.
    • Like x 3
  9. Proxystar #Perception

I really shouldn't have to do this, but I will to prove a point. i'm sick of people acting like this game doesn't cater to the "small group" content players. If you're going to have an opinion base it upon fact not just emotional dribble.

Episode 1 - 1 Duo, 3 Alerts (4)
    Episode 2 - Open instance, Duo, 9 Bounties (11)
    Episode 3 - 3 Duos, 1 Alert, 2 Raids, Daily Missions in South Gotham (3) (2)
    Episode 4 - 2 Duos (2)
    Episode 5 - 2 Alerts, 2 Raids (2) (2)
    Episode 6 - 2 Sets of Solo openworld, 2 Bounties (4)
    Episode 7 - 2 Solos, 2 Alerts, 2 Raids (4) (2)
    Episode 8 - Open instance, 3 Duos, 1 Alert, 1 Bounty (6)
    Episode 9 - 2 Alerts, Open instance (3)
    Episode 10 - 2 Solos, 2 Duos, Open instance, 1 Alert (6)
    Episode 11 - 2 Alerts, 3 Raids (2) (3)
    Episode 12 - 1 Solo, 1 Duo, 2 Alerts, 1 Raid, Open instance (5) (1)
    Episode 13 - 2 Alerts, 3 Raids, Open instance (3) (3)
    Episode 14 - 2 Duos, 1 Alert, 2 Raids (3) (2)
    Episode 15 - 1 Duo, 1 Raid (1) (1)
    Episode 16 - 1 Solo, 1 Alert (2)
    Episode 17 - 1 Raid, 1 Duo (1) (1)
    Episode 18 - 1 Raid, 1 Duo (1) (1)
    Episode 19 - 1 Alert, 1 Solo (2)
    Episode 20 - 1 Raid, 1 Duo (1) (1)
    Episode 21 - 1 Raid, 1 Duo (1) (1)

small group content
    large group content

Not to mention in terms of special content, small group content comprises of all "seasonal events and PVE Legends instances". special large group content comprises solely of "Survival Mode".

it doesn't take a genius to see from the above that this game is heavily scewed in favour of small group content, despite what people like you, would have the community believe with the "woe is us, where is our small content" bandwagon, the bandwagon that doesn't actually exist.

In fact it's actually fairer now, although you'll still see each 3 segment set of episodes still consists of 4 pieces of small content and only 2 pieces of large content.

I would expect the established pattern to continue, 1 solo per cycle, 2 duos, 1 alert, 2 raids - if anything it's the 4 man content getting shafted. I anticipate there will also be open world stuff chucked in at times, as usual for added bonus.

Oh how I love presenting facts to ruin a misplaced argument, makes me shed tears of joy.

[IMG]
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Thanks for giving me the fuel to the fire. Lets look at episode 11-14 alone and then compare them with what we have for right now. That is Halls of power part 1, WoL2, AF2, and HoP2.

That is 7 alerts
    9 raids
    3 duos
    2 solos
    8 open world missions( there are more I just didnt take the time to count the extras because 8 is enough to prove a point)
    Bounties( but lets not include those in this argument because I have nothing to compare them to in the monthly setup)
    LPVE
    Survival mode

This compared to what we have now Excluding elite raids
    8 raids per year( 12 if you include elite)
    4 alerts( 8 if you include elite)
    8 duos
    4 solos
    0 open world missions
    LPVE
    Survivla mode

I wanna emphasize on how big that 0 is. Simply because even though devs have increased the amount of duos by a large amount they have also increased the amount of alerts but only and only if you include the elite alerts, same can be said for the raids.
    They have also increased the number of solos by 2.

Let me get this straight. The point of my argument is not about small group content. Because small group content can count duos forwards backwards and sideways thus always making it seem like the game loves small group content. The majority of people complaints are about the lack of open world content when in the past we have gotten at least one set every 6 months and starting with episode 14 and working up your nice layout proves the point precisely.

If I came off as a smart *** I apologize but I am merely correcting the argument you think the people are complaining about. Its not about the lack of small group content. It is the lack of solo content in particular open world solo content.

You can ask anyone on the forums. The average player is more likely to run an open world solo mission than a privatized instance solo.

This is mainly because a privatized instanced solo takes at the most twice as much effort as a open world solo mission while at the same time limiting the players ability to feel connected to the DC universe.

I do not speak for the people who prefer small group content. I speak for the people who are tired of being held hostage in duos, the people who are tired of open world content getting shafted.

The OP feels like the quality of content has decreased. Doing 4 alerts a year and adding 4 more and calling them elite by adding in mechanics that should have been there in the first place is not really a fair compromise to small group players. Say what you will about open world content but, the majority of the playerbase would prefer open world solos compared to the 4 solos we get a year now.

So unless the devs come up with a new game mode, or add open world solos to the mix. Monthly content will seem far under the DLC format.
    • Like x 3
  11. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

While you took the time to go through each episode/dlc the one area I would like to have more content in terms of tier 7 is more alerts. There are currently two alerts to run (elites do not count because they are not different, and they are not daily). If you look at other tiers there are more. T7 is not done yet and I am not sure when they will change it to tier 8. However, I am used to being able to run more alerts. In some relevancy spans you can run act of defiance, return to nexus, the one from new gen can't remember the name off hand, and dc. So there are 4 alerts to run at the same time.

How the relevancy is now working we will not be getting more than 2 alerts to run at any one time. While I enjoy raids, I like having choices of other content to run on a daily basis. I also enjoy doing open world dailies for marks while waiting to get into raids or other content.

I like the monthly content releases and there are more than enough duos. I would really have even more interest in the game if there were more alerts to run. So your analysis has not addressed those of us that really would enjoy playing more than 2 alerts for marks in each relevancy window. Solos and duos focus on the dps role exclusively (yes you can run as support) but I am sure you can understand its focus is on dps rather than support. Alerts are the only daily content people can really enjoy playing their support roles on a daily basis and there are only two of them.

If the developers want players to play more they will release more alerts.
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

A lot of people are quick to blame monthly content for the problems in the game, but not a single person who has suggest that has told me why the game didn't suck when it first came out and we were receiving new instances on a monthly basis.

The issue is not that we get content more frequently. The issue is that the boring, old RNG-based grind from quarterly DLCs is now divided into 3 smaller chunks and released every month.

Progression is entirely based on obtaining better gear and that better gear can only be obtained from 1 instance per month, which 66% of the time, remains locked for up to 7 days after you've completed it during the week. 66% of instances which offer progression can only be played once per week... Do I really need to say more?

On top of that, because of the dependency on replay badges, not only does the best gear need to remain a random drop, but the content can't be too challenging or too deep, because then people wouldn't have time or simply wouldn't have a reason to use (and ultimately buy more) replay badges.

Things can't change around here until the devs are willing to move on from heavy replay badge monetisation. If the pressure is off to ensure replay badges have plenty of usage, then the developers don't need to make easy content and give the community a hearty challenge. They could also look at introducing a proper reward structure, too, so that effort, not random luck, is the way you get the best gear, which in turn would keep people playing and more interested for longer.

With the pressure off to produce a consistent stream of raids, perhaps some of that time could be spent on reintroducing concepts like Open World PVE and such.
    • Like x 3
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I have one answer for you.

This is not a single player game, it is a "massively multiplayer online action game" by its own definition.

Consider all and any "single player content" to be an added bonus.

If you want a single player themed DC comics game then you're probably looking in the wrong place in all fairness
  14. Proxystar #Perception

People are their own worst enemies too though, just go look at the server and this mentality that they must be the "most powerful" I have zero doubt, at all, that there are now people out there "day 3" with full maximum gear because they've quite frankly spammed the living **** out of it and they'll sit here and complain for 28 more days about how awful this game is...

People need to take a chill pill with the replay badges in my view.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Well that's why I kinda said, alert players are probably the ones getting shafted ;)
  16. Brother Reimar Well-Known Player

Personally, I hate forced socialization for advancement. If the only way for me to reach end game content is by forcing me to socialize with people when I do not wish to or leave me with nothing to do because I don't have any more solo content left that is relevant to play, that is bad game design. You need to leave the solo route open just as much as you need to have the group route open. The best results should come from a healthy mix of doing both. But if someone wants to limit their experience to strictly to solo style play they should be allowed to. Of course it does come with some restrictions to what they will experience and that is to be expected the same way a person who experiences the game only by playing in a group is limited in the same respect. There should be no extra preference for one or the other. But what I've noticed is that this is endemic of all online games. They are overly weighted towards forcing people together to complete essential items. If the central fights were actually soloQ while the extra and more lucrative non-essential aspect we're group you probably would have a better balance. Overall though I am NOT unhappy with DCUO or its development.
    • Like x 1
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Only problem with that is how?

I know the ultimate answer is the marketplace, but simple fact is that not only the devs but DBG feel as though the marketplace alone no matter what they put in there will never be able to substitute or even supplement the amount of income that replay badges provide, thus the reason for the monthly content schedule.

Also going back on your main point about monthly vs DLC.

People feel monthly content is rushed.
    ex. Highly reused areas( which is understandable)
    Not a good quality of using of the new areas introduced( this is a variety of things such as skipping adds, lack of mechanics, lack of bosses, etc)
    The loss of open world dailies( this includes bounties, open world content, etc, players feel as though they are being crammed with instances down their throats)

People feel that their is an extreme lack of the quality of the story telling-

Players feel as though monthly content is throwing them stories that are all over the place as well as not properly ending other stories. Either the lack of cutscenes, or cutscenes in the wrong place at the wrong time. The story lines do not flow and in the past with a DLC it focused on 1 specific storyline so players both old and new could follow. An example of this is the ending to BN or the ending of Bombshell paradox.

Lastly the gear-
    R&D may have made gearing much easier but the reward system is still greatly flawed in a sense where in other games where you beat the hardest content you were guaranteed at least 1 item or something to help go towards getting the best gear. In DCUO you could complete the elite version of content and get 0 pieces of elite. Granted you could use the green and blue gear for scraps but it still wouldnt provide you with the best gear available.

So in conclusion players dislike the monthly setup due to lack of proper story telling, lack of quality of content, lack of open world missions, and the heavily increased dependency on RB.
    • Like x 1
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

That is true but if the fear of adding single player content into the game is because it wont sell as many replay badges. You cant really use the " its an MMO" simply because all other PS MMO's have single player content embedded into their endgame to complement their small group and large group content.

However I do suspect we will see some solo open world content come into play after the tutorial and early stages of the game is fixed and XB1 is launched.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I think what we have to expect, is that any "open world" content has always been sporadic at best in this game.

I appreciate you enjoy it, but it needs to be considered a bonus on top of any other content, in my personal opinion.
    • Like x 1
  20. LT Schmitt Committed Player

I would have to agree with not wanting to spend replay badges. I'm saving them up for the alerts to run them over and over again.

The past two raids seem like a chore to do. I know people complain about how easy NGN or Bombshells are but they are fun raids that are not super difficult and I had no problem running them multiply times.

Now when it comes to modding your gear I would say I only mod my purple gear with VII mods everything else gets beta so I would not call you lazy. Lazy would be not having mods at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.