Reset everyone’s cash already

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olli Malicious, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Here is a question, this I been wondering about before DCUO, this came about from other games. Why do people really want or need million of not billions of dollars? Other then by other over price items exactly what else can you really do with it? Other then buying and repairing gear, what exactly can we do with all that money? FYI I am talking about in game money not real life.
    • Like x 1
  2. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

There broker is broken. Needs capped or something. The greed is going to complete absurdity.
    NO ONE needs more than 1 bill in this game and the only reason more is necessitated is because
    of the insane pricing on the broker.

How much money the wallets spend is irrelevant that's on them. The thought process is more money,
    more money for everyone. Trickle down doesn't work in a game either.
    • Like x 2
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

buying items which are bound to feats which again are tied to character development.
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I've been one of the biggest proponents for a capped money wipe and I'd be a little shocked and disappointed if it was wiped to zero as well. But I highly doubt that'd be the case. Everybody should be left with enough money to get the few things they want/need from the broker. Other than a handful of old limited edition items (ex. materials and auras from old booster bundles) nothing should be over $500M and few things should be over $100M. If that were the case (as it should be), people being left with $500M-$1B should be able to buy whatever they want or need.
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It was about a year ago that I started hardcore grinding for SP which included looking at the broker for style feats. At that time and even up to about six months ago a billion could have pretty much bought everything I needed for every style feat with the exception of a handful (void, sandstorm, etc). $200M could also buy all three of the rare OP head collections in Atlantis just a couple weeks into that DLC. Up until recently there really was ZERO reason to have more than $2B and little reason to have more than $1B. Up until around the time of Survival Mode I rarely had more than $100M and all that meant was I had to be a little patient and get 2-4 style feats a week. Those combined with instance feats had me getting 1-2sp per day. That's a pretty damn good character development progression rate if you ask me.
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

till yesterday half a billion could still buy you everything on EU server.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

I hope not...im not a broker player. But i did spend $200 on tcs a few weeks back to get my lil 300 mill that i have...chump change to you big fish.
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

You do know that the one listing for 1 billion is the one you buy from the seasonal vendor... Baby’s First Bernoulli Principle.
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The Halloween vendor collection was about $150M day one and down to $50M by the end of the first week. Going back to the Summer seasonal, the vendor collection was $25M at some point during the 1st week. $1B is not justifiable by any stretch of the imagination.

If not for the exponential statistical improbability of it, I would swear half the people that play this game have mild amnesia.
  10. kingmasternova Loyal Player

It's ez to get money back run all your on duty missions T1-T9 solo, duos, alerts, raids. Get the plans from these missions.
    If the put a cap of 500 million on broker, cap trade, mail at 250 million. The broker deposit of each items are half of each item that you put on the broker.
    500 million is 250 million
  11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I just find that there are a lot of unobservant people. In the case of "Baby's First 'Bernoulli Principle'," it's just a matter of running the seasonal stuff 10 days... and it's yours... for about 10-15 minutes of your time each day. If you're in a hurry, you can buy 50 Holly Leaves from the marketplace.

The theory that ran through my head as I was driving this morning was one of, "What if that's how they're reducing the cash of some of the people who glitched the money?" Broker fees are 5% of the list price... so $50 mil every time it's listed. Of course, that doesn't account for the unobservant folks who fail to notice that the item can be acquired for free, if they choose to do it that way...
  12. ToRaW New Player

W'ell my game money came from buying time capsules I have over 23 thousand quarks, If dc wants to reset my dc fake money then they can buy my quarks say 10 for a dollar then they owe me $2,300.00 !!!
  13. ToRaW New Player

W'ell my game money came from buying time capsules I have over 23 thousand quarks, If dc wants to reset my dc fake money then they can buy my quarks say 10 for a dollar then they owe me $2,300.00 !!!
  14. ToRaW New Player

15. ToRaW New Player

16. ToRaW New Player

W'ell my game money came from buying time capsules I have over 23 thousand quarks, If dc wants to reset my dc fake money then they can buy my quarks say 10 for a dollar then they owe me $2,300.00 !!!!!!!
  17. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

You posted the same thing 4x straight. ‍♂️
  18. ToRaW New Player

Buying fake money for real should be outlawed !!!!
  19. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Agreed. In reading Mepps announcement about cash and trade restrictions, taken with the elimination of OP collection items, I think they are taking a measured approach which will stabilize the economy . This is the necessary first step so that they can ascertain whether or not more sweeping changes need to be made. It may be incremental, it may not be the sexy shock and awe move, but it is the PROFESSIONAL and logical way to proceed.
    • Like x 1
  20. Marih New Player

Well, I assume the broker isn´t working cause of this "investigations" that Mepps mentioned?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.