ReQuiem: "Lamia"

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Solstice Vanguard, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

The video posted here is my very first DCUO Machinima titled "ReQuiem: Lamia".

It's a complex telling of three sisters that are connected to a dark entity known as the Delubrum Ira, each with their own story perspectives told in a "matrix-esque" view points of an event that's bound to happen.

"Lamia" is a piece that tells a straight forward albeit vague tale of a regime group (XYZ Program) and their discovery of the one "Solstice".

Notes on this piece:

• I kept this piece minutely vague for pondering purposes. I don't wish to reveal too much in this short machinima.
    • Speaking of short, there were a few unexpected issues in this piece: the length of the video being one and a under-cranking scene that was left unchecked.
    • This is meant to be viewed as a "digital graphic novel". No voice overs were planned for this project.
    • I felt that character designs were very important to convey an acute motif on the story. As such, expect for attention-to-detail creations by your's truly.
    • The fight scene in this video was the most difficult scenes to do. I did not revise my loadout and couldn't acquire a weapon in time.

With that in mind, I hope you enjoy the video and let me know your thoughts.

"ReQuiem: Lamia"

Created & Produced by Sho'Nuff

Cast:

Sho'Nuff: Sarai Anya "Lamia" Leigh and Solstice/ Delubrum Ira
    Willow Pelt: Tesla "Willow" Lee
    True Purple: "Hypen"
    SuperLadOfSteel: "Tristane" (The Kid)

and The Figment as DeMarco

Music (in order of the songs played):

"Soul Snatchin'" from the album "Mortal Kombat: the Score"

"Heavens" by Juno Reactor from the album "High Energy Protons"

"Dark Side"

"Calm Like a Bomb" by Rage Against the Machine from the album "The Matrix Original Soundtrack"

• Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Looked good :D
  3. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

I liked it a lot. I like the silent film style too. Interesting stuff.