Request To Devs: Put Super Speed change in WIP so everyone can share their opinion

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Volkenraider, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Just letting you know devs can change their minds about stuff... hard stuns for example

There is a difference between balance and nerfing something so much that would make it unbalanced.. you ever though of that?
    • Like x 1
  2. Giggles Loyal Player

All movement modes should move at the same speed during combat. That is why Speed is getting fixed. It currently is unbalance because even in its current state, it is still faster than Flight and Acro in combat. Again, like I told Dylan, feel free to watch Sparty's video, made using the same exact changes we are playing with now, and you too will clearly see the problem we are trying to have addressed. :)
  3. Mad9 New Player

The question becomes when did super-speed not have this slight advantage? Why does this suddenly become an issue in the fourth year of the game? To answer your question on the developers' take on the flywheel ability, they don't know it all and they will nerf anything you cry enough about.

If you want all movement modes to move at the same speed in combat, then there should be no difference in any of the movement mode. Every movement mode should be able to fly, glide or jump and there should not be any differentiation on the basis of flight, acro and super speed. Since the same will not be possible, all movement mode abilities should be disabled whether it be flying, gliding or speeding in combat if you want balance.

Simply nerfing super-speed flywheel ability is not balance, adjustment should be made to flight and acro disabling the jump and flight alongside the flywheel.

Your standard of unfairness in combat are overstretched beyond prudential imagination. In any competitive PVP, you don't find players running away from the opponents using the flywheel ability and if such was the case, why are you reporting it for the first time now?

Also, I have never come across any PVP strategy build around flywheel in my 3+ years of playing this game. Nobody came and said, hey, u got flywheel and so you must be OP or hey, we all have flywheel, let's just kite around the arena and not let anyone attack us in a deathmatch. Naturally, nobody would kite around in a node holding match and the so called advantage is futile.

I would like to know what are the right hands for the OP flywheel ability? Which top notch flywheel player will bring total chaos to PVP? I want to hear a name who you think fits the description for the right hand in the context of our discussion?
    • Like x 3
  4. Dylan Top5 New Player

So should they all have the same attributes? I would love to fly around as a speedster, since you feel SUPER SPEED, shouldn't be any faster than flight.

Saying super speed should be the same speed as flight is like saying fliers should not be able to fly. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  5. Giggles Loyal Player

Things change all the time. For all we know, Speed could have been left that way because they did not have the tech to fix it, just like when jump canceling was fixed. Also let's not forget, Arena was extremely broken last week, and now is more about balance. There is a saying, "better late than never".

Also, all movement modes moving at the same Speed during combat is common practice in all super hero MMOs. With the direction they are taking this game, this is most definitely a needed fix. :)

What you are not understanding is the fact that all movement modes are still unique to one another even in combat. The issue is the speed at which they are allowed to function while in combat. Like I told the other guy, this is common practice in Super Hero MMO's, because if they did not suppress movement mode speed during combat, people would just constantly run away all the time, kind of like how Speedsters abuse flywheel to escape.

All this change to Speed does, is ensure that all movement modes are reduced to their most basic forms during combat, however before engaging in combat, you still have access to all your movement modes abilities. You can flywheel all you want on the way to a fight, but once you engage in combat, you are reduced to the same Speed as everyone else. The same goes for Flight, and Acrobatics. If you are wondering what I mean by a movement modes basic form, if you do not put a point in fast travel, that is a movement modes most basic form.

I'm sorry you don't like this balance pass, however, again for reasons that are clearly obvious in Sparty's video, Speed needs to be fixed and brought in line with other movement modes. Flight does not fly any faster in combat than someone walking. Acro also moves at the same Speed, and their double jump gets them no where quicker. In combat as Speed, you can still run on walls, you just do so at the Speed that everyone else is limited to during combat. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. junglejim New Player

Nope the only true balance in this saga is to disable all movement modes in combat theres the balance you seek. Easy peasy but i bet you dont see being able to fly and hover in combat as an advantage over the other 2?
    • Like x 3
  7. Giggles Loyal Player

How is that an advantage exactly? Especially when regardless if they are hovering or not, they are susceptible to all the same counters? If people pay attention to all of their surroundings, they should have no problems what so ever. If they go into that "DPS tunnel vision" in a fight and aren't paying attention, then they only have themselves to blame for allowing someone to hover above and kill them.

I love fliers in PvP personally. I use them to farm immunity. Works like a charm too. If this is something anyone is having difficulty with, my advice is to go play Legends, where this is extremely common practice, and your choices are pretty much limited to Flight and Acro, since Cheetah is the only Speedster in legends. Practice makes perfect.

Please try to understand, we still have access to all our movement modes abilities, we just lose those advantages once we engage in combat. Once in combat, we all move at the same exact speed whether we are moving vertically or horizontally. Once Speeds Flywheel is completely fixed in GU42, that will certainly be the case.

Like I explained prior, think of it as all of us being reduced to our movement mode during combat without putting a skill point into fast travel, that is pretty much what happens.

In short...

This is why Speed needs to be fixed, and also why Flight is not an issue. Also, thank you ???, this picture explains it all perfectly. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Dylan Top5 New Player

Of course not, because he's flight... I think we all see where his argument his going and where his motivation for "balance" is stemming from :)
  9. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Let's go for more balance let's make everyone on the ground walking around fighting. There is true balance. It's funny he tells ya to practice to get better but he is the one calling for a nerf on a movement mode hth.
    • Like x 1
  10. Redscreen5 New Player

Hardly play this anymore but I'm here for the update to see the changes. Judging from giggles responses, a individual who is responsible for many a changes in the game, again the devs show their lack of foresight. What changes are actually implemented through their own doing ? Every change in PvP has come from player feedback, do the devs actually visualise anything ?

I think the only thing we as the public should influence is things that are broken. However ive never consider S'S broken, it has more fluidity in combat than acro, but it's called super speed for goodness sake it's a ground running movement. If flash was to fight (hypothetically speaking) would he be in "combat mode" moving as slow as a snail ? PVP is a ground fighting mechanic so the advantages obviously are emphasised with super speed. You can blame the devs for the lack of dynamism in PvP because given the DC franchise ariel battles should have been implemented long ago.

So if the end game is that they want no movement advantages in combat they might aswell remove movement mechanics completely for PvP, and have us walking along.

Every change in this game to achieve balance is to eradicate something to influence another. Never has there time been taken to get things up to standard. it's to completely shoot it down so that everything overall becomes utter uselessness.
    • Like x 1