Request To Devs: Put Super Speed change in WIP so everyone can share their opinion

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Volkenraider, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Dylan Top5 New Player

So you think it's impossible to do in combat, when just a few minutes ago you had no idea how to even do it or the fact that you need a skill point specced into Rocket assisted Glide :confused:

So now you think rocket assisted glide is a glitch now and want that disabled in combat as well? I think it's clear now that you don't care about balance, but want flight to be the best movement mode for your own selfish reason

straw man argument, smh
  2. Gwalir Loyal Player

Where did he mention Rocket-assisted Glide in that post? He only ever mentioned Glide Line and the basic double jump all Acrobats can use without spending a Skill Point.

Glide Line is not the same as Rocket-Assisted Glide last I checked. :D
    • Like x 2
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Really? If you're going to suggest someone reads your entire post the least you can do is return the courtesy:
    In terms of double jumping, I think the comparison was that you don't need to have any SP in it to actually use that ability wherein with Super Speed's double jump you do. Could be wrong there as I'm not Giggles.

Either way Giggles you do need to work on your
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. ??? Well-Known Player

[IMG]

You´re welcome :D
    • Like x 4
  5. Dylan Top5 New Player

Giggles whole argument was that super speed was the only movement that was able to use the move associated with first power point they spend in the movement tree such as IF, Rocket assisted glide or as he likes to call it "glide line"

You don't need an sp to get the double jump, I'm not arguing that, please read all the posts... But for the INFINITE double jump from the video I posted and rocket assisted glide, both those moves can be done while in combat, and you do need to spend an sp to get those and use them WHILE IN COMBAT. Zip line is the only acro move that can not be done while i combat.

He said, Acro can not use any of it's abilities that are purchased with a skill point while in combat. I clearly proved him wrong, as rocket assisted glide (NOT ZIPLINE is purchased with a skill point and can be used while in combat, it also gives access to an infinite double jump. Zip line can not be used while in combat, but the fact remains that he was incorrect... What's so hard to understand? I suggest you read all the posts before commenting, please
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I don't know how you found this, I'm assuming you made it, but this gets to be my favorite post on the thread now.
  7. Gwalir Loyal Player

Here's the part of the post you quoted that response from:

"Lastly, Glide Line is restricted in combat, because it moves the Acrobat to another point on the map faster than the base travel mode. Without putting a point into the Acrobat tree, Acrobatics can still double jump, and it does not get them anywhere faster."

Being that he never said there what you said he did (and didn't at all in that entire post you quoted him from), this means either you quoted from the wrong post of his, or he has a font my computer cannot detect.

I'll agree that Giggles isn't always the most clear debater, but the fault this time isn't his.
    • Like x 2
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You beat me to it :p have an imaginary cookie.

Seriously, the developers are pretty clear cut on wanting these changes now and all that's happening is a circular debate. If people really feel this will imbalance movement modes, then go get proof.
    • Like x 1
  9. Giggles Loyal Player

First off, Zip Line was renamed Glide Line back when they consolidated the movement trees abilities. There is Glide Line (formerly known as Zip Line) and then Rocket Assisted Glide. They are two completely different abilities, that are both unlocked when you unlock Acros fast movement. You are going based off of outdated information, I am going based off current information.

Secondly, there is no such thing as a legit "infinite double jump" with Acrobatics, there is a double jump, but nowhere in Acros description does it say "can be done infinitely". Therefore, it is obviously a bug/exploit.

Lastly, despite this "infinite double jump" that also utilizes Rocket Assisted Glide, which is clearly a bug/exploit (I mean seriously, just look at it), the fact is, the only people you are going to be able to use that on are players who lack the knowledge of basic PvP combat. Especially with grounds coming, good luck trying to get that series of button inputs off in time to actually get away from a seasoned player.

Also, I have a small request, show me where it says anywhere in Acrobatics descriptions that an "Infinite Double Jump" even exists. Please. ;)

P.S.

Special thank you to The Enquirer, Gwalir, and ???. You guys clearly understand what it is I am saying. Also, ???, that picture is priceless, I would give you 1000 thumb ups if I could lol. :)
    • Like x 2
  10. Mad9 New Player

I am sure you have been around long enough to have noticed that super-speed has always had this distinct advantage in combat. It was never an issue before and now I read a post of yours calling it an exploit. In my opinion, that's not an advantage or exploit but true balance between powers.

The only reason most people opt super-speed is the advantage of the flywheel in combat. Safe to say that this is the only high point in a speedster ability without which the power is not much use anymore.

The tiny advantage comes with so many disadvantages. Speedsters are the ones who die frequently at the hands of adds/minions (in open world operations) in most of the content because they run on the ground or jump a bit here and there. They can't locate exobytes/investigations/collections easily and there are many places theses toons will never reach or climb.

Coming specifically to PVP where you think speed is OP or has some unfair advantage, such is not the case, in my understanding, a speedster is the easiest to locate and target unlike a flier who is completely out of your view and you have to guess his position/location and then guess if you need to lunge or block break.

A flier reaches such obscure angles, that in certain condition it's literally impossible to target them at all. If you think, such is not the case, I'll come show it to you on test. Acro has its double jump and glide and ideally slightly better than flight in terms of agility in combat. Similarly, super-speed which relies on the flywheel ability to get places in combat is perfectly balanced as it must on accord of super-speed be a faster movement mode in combat in the name of true balance.

If you think flywheel is such a major disadvantage, then, I would advocate complete removal of flight and acro movement abilities from PVP all together. I don't want you to get to obscure angles while I have to walk everywhere and nor do I want an acro guy to double jump or glide. That would seem like balance unlike simply nerfing super speed.

Flight and acro are restricted in combat for a reason and super-speed only has the flywheel to help it become mobile in combat because that's all it has. It it weren't for flywheel, I would never be able to pick up any people in raids and most content such as Lockdown and SM will never get completed.

To bring super-speed movement ability in line with flight and acro is not balance but a catastrophe.
    • Like x 2
  11. Mad9 New Player

what you write off as 'just the horizontal distance movement' is all there is to flywheel and superspeed and without which I do not think I need to be superspeed at all in this game.
  12. Dylan Top5 New Player

So why does super speed need additional nerfing after gu 41? The additional speed from IF is gone
  13. Dylan Top5 New Player

So will super speed be able to get the same vertical distance as other movement modes in the name of "balance"?
    • Like x 1
  14. Giggles Loyal Player

I have to disagree with you, that Speed in its current state is balanced. If Speed truly was balanced, the developers would not be fixing Flywheels blatant advantage during combat. You say Speedsters are easy to see, yet we all appear on the mini map in the upper right corner of everyone's screen, and we all have the ability to move our camera out enough where we can see everything.

Therefore, if a flier is at an "obscure" angle, then it is only because you allow them to be at angle that is obscure to yourself. As far as exos go, once you memorize a route, it doesn't matter what movement mode use to farm them, they appear in the same places. The main reason for the fix to flywheel is that it is simply too big of an advantage during combat, and it costs no power to utilize. It's extremely unfair in the right hands. :)

The reason for the Speed fix in GU42 is because they did not fix it the way they wanted to because they did not realize there were multiple layers of the bug causing the imbalance. Here, let me post the reasoning for the GU42 fix to Speed right from Tunso. The quote and link to where you can find the discussion is below. I hope this further clarifies why Speeds Flywheel should, and is being adjusted.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/gu-41-pvp-season-3-feedback.221536/page-6

I hope all this information, answers your question for you Dylan. :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Dylan Top5 New Player

Have you tried super speed on live yet?
  16. Giggles Loyal Player

Yeah, it's not fixed yet. It's only partially fixed. The full fix will be in GU42, as per Tunso. :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Dylan Top5 New Player

In your own words, without quoting Tunso... What do you feel is wrong with it now?
  18. Giggles Loyal Player

Flywheel still gives people an unfair speed advantage during combat. I'm the the point that pointed it out and Tunso confirmed it, hence the quote above. In short, it's still broken, and will be completely fixed in GU42. Furthermore, if you watched Sparty's video which was filmed on the test server, you can clearly see the problem that still exists. :)
    • Like x 1
  19. minuteofdecay Committed Player

U might as well give up arguing with Mr smiley face there, that squeaky wheel is the only thing to get any grease from these devs. 16 pages and not another reply. They are nerfing SS to sell movement change tokens u should buy one and change to Flight since it will be OP now
    • Like x 1
  20. Dylan Top5 New Player

Just in time for Skimming ;)