Request To Devs: Put Super Speed change in WIP so everyone can share their opinion

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Volkenraider, Sep 29, 2014.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It is true, seems you just making things up. Tanks use to be ss before pd got nerfed. A tank don't have to rush to a certain spot in any raid that the other movements wouldn't take it. Lol like I said man you knowledge of the movements modes is next to nothing, or most other roles beside the role you are. I can tell from your post you have never been ss or a tank
  2. minuteofdecay Committed Player

But I thought u wanted balance? Flying over head isn't balance that would be an advantage, and if u just tap range lunge won't take u out of the sky or if u use a power a lunge won't take u out of the air either. So are u for balance or are u for flight to be better than SS?
    • Like x 1
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

With the damage every role is required to do doing that is not going to be a viable tactic.
    • Like x 1
  4. Eminence Dedicated Player

SuperSpeed in combat should be slowed just a little bit more, but should still allow the double jump.

Every movement has its PROS and CONS. I dont believe superspeed should have the same speed on the ground as flight and acro, because they have the ability to fly. The idea is simple, so the changes should be simple.
    • Like x 1
  5. Giggles Loyal Player

I'm not sure where you are getting the impression that just flying over head is not balanced. It is balanced because fliers can be easily countered with a lunge. If we couldn't lunge to counter, I would agree with you, but as that is not the case, you are wrong. Furthermore, The Enquirer is correct, in his statement above.

Movement modes will be balanced, once Flywheel is brought in line with the other movement modes. :)
  6. Eminence Dedicated Player

As a flier you can identify when someone is changing targets and possibly going to make an attempt to lung you.
  7. Giggles Loyal Player

Last I checked, regardless whether someone is flying or not, they are susceptible to all the same counter variations as anyone else. So if a Flier is blocking, they can be block broken. If they are ranging, they can be lunged. They can also be blocked as well. So regardless whether they are flying or not, it is no different than fighting anyone else in combat.

Again, the issue with Flywheel is it gives an unfair speed advantage during combat, that has already been confirmed by the devs to be unintended. :)
  8. Eminence Dedicated Player

Thanks! You always have the greatest information!
    • Like x 1
  9. minuteofdecay Committed Player

It can be if ur target is wasting time lunging u but it isn't bringing u to the ground. And add the damage that the ppl on the ground are doing to u it will put u at a severe disadvantage. Now this is coming from a healer that gets focused fired on.
    P.s. I'm not really trying to argue with u. U seem level headed and realize that flywheel is the only thing SS has going for it and it will be at a disadvantage if this nerf actually goes all the way though.
  10. minuteofdecay Committed Player

So why let them fly isn't that an advantage?
    • Like x 1
  11. Dylan Top5 New Player

Wrong, more false information

As I assumed, you don't have any experience using any other movement mode besides flight. "Rocket-assisted Glide" is used by spending a skill point, by holding L3 or numlock it enables the Acro user to fly vertically away from combat without ever touching down. That is also the same skill point that allows an Acro user to infinitely double jump

I suggest you do some research before sounding so sure of yourself ;)

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Acrobatics

Also if you haven't noticed, all three movement modes are different, they offer different advantages in a fight than each other, such as flight being able to attack in awkward angles that may allow them a few seconds of extra damage before they are targeted. Regardless, comparing how each form of movement mode uses their skill points is stupid. Regardless, I have proved you wrong that Acro can still use "Rocket-assisted Glide" an ability that is purchased with a skill point while in combat

So are you saying there is no value in having a tool that moves you away from your opponent Vertically in which many speedsters don't have a means of attacking? Unless they use a grounding power, where as you stated your case for swoop attack and backflip, costs a considerable amount of power, therefore not practical.

Flight can fly straight up to escape, as a support role they can spam heals, POT and instant power with little danger, those moves are not vulnerable to interrupt. Acro can fly straight up to escape, but super speed has to jump and come down.

And as far as attacking from range, flight offers the best coverage/advantage... Yes you can lunge them, but that extra few seconds it takes to target a flier in the sky (even if it's just 1 second) is a clear cut advantage of flight.

That's why flight needs its height restricted in combat or even disabled. It is the only movement mode that can attack while in the air for a prolonged period of time. Acro is balanced since it can not attack while suspended in mid-air, similar to super speed.

That's the funny thing with balance my friend, you can just nerf one aspect and not examine the other. It's Balance for all or none. This nerf to super speed will only make flight the best movement mode for pvp... But I'm sure you already know that :)

Ahh, so you are only referring to skill-less braindead fliers that do nothing but spam WM from afar?

How about the skilled few that can bait lunges and farm immunities from advantageous positions in the sky? That is an advantage only to flight no matter how you look at it, thus needs balancing
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

A good player doesn't lunge at someone who is not interruptible repeatedly. So like I said, it really is a terrible idea.
    • Like x 1
  13. Giggles Loyal Player

No, it is no different than being on the ground. Regardless of how high up you are, you are susceptible to all the same counters as if you were on the ground. However, I am fine with whatever the devs decide is fair. :)
  14. Giggles Loyal Player

My response to each of your responses below...

Do you not know the difference between Rocket Assisted Glide and Glide Line? Both are unlocked when you put the first point into Acrobatics to unlock a Rocket Assisted Glide. With Glide line disabled, it is only fair that Flywheel be disabled as well. You are also wrong about double jumping infinitely with Acro, as it's available right on the brainiac ship. Furthermore, Acro double jump and Speeds Flywheel are two totally different abilities, we're Across moves no faster than someone without that double jump, and Speed moves much faster than anyone else during combat with its double jump. Hence the reason it is being fixed. ;)

Actually, the only way Flight can escape by flying straight up is if you allow them to fly away. Flight during combat is no faster than walking. I really think you should go test more on the test server to see for yourself. Of you can't, please watch Spartacus' video it demonstrates the problem clear as day. :)

Then, that "extra few seconds it takes to target a flier" is actually quicker than tabbing through a group of people all around you, because they are up in the air. I'm not sure if you are familiar with how flight in PvP works, bit I strongly encourage you to partake in Legends as it is very similar to the style of PvP coming with GU41, only powers cost more to cast. AsI have said countless times, I'm fine with whatever the devs deem is the right way to go about fixing things. :)

Actually, you can't get immunity from the sky, unless you block break. You see, the only time you can hit a flier is by countering them, with a lunge or block. The only other person who can give a flier immunity, is another flier, or someone who allowed themselves to be block broken by said flier. I hope this clears things up a bit. :)
  15. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Lol no different he says hahaha
  16. Dylan Top5 New Player

1. Wrong, infinite double jump is unlocked with the rocket assisted glide ability... Have you even tried it or know how to do the infinite double jump? You need to spend a skill point in the Acro tree to perform it. Send me a tell and I can explain to you how to do it as it's not really part of the discussion.

2. flying in combat is the same speed as running out of movement mode. Flight has the advantage of flying straight up in combat

3. That's subjective, but if that's the case you wouldn't see so many players complaining from flight spam. Easier to target a player in plain sight than on in your blind spot, especially with the wonkey targeting with the PS controller.

4. Being in the sky doesn't give auto immunity (let's not be silly). But it's easier to pick targets and BAIT people in lunging, also being in the air takes you out of melee range (huge advantage)
  17. Giggles Loyal Player

Responses to each of your points below...

I'm not sure if what you are talking about is an exploit or bug, but I can tell you right now, I just hoped on test to double check, and you do not need a skill point in Acro to double jump regularly. So it is confirmed using double jump in the manner that is intended, does not require a skill point in acro, at all. What the point in acros fast travel gives them is the ability to utilize glide line, and rocket assisted glide. Not everything you read on the internet is always current/up to date.

If you are referring to running as in walking with no movement mode on, yes you are correct. If you mean it's the same speed as flywheel, you are mistaken. Also, even if a flier were to fly straight up in combat, the chances of the. Surviving are slim to none, due to the fact that stuns, grounding, encasement so all exist in PvP still.

I have never seen people complain about "flight spam". Furthermore, if anyone is getting beat by "flight spam" it is solely the person who allowed it to happens fault, because as we all know, flight is susceptible to the same counters as everyone else, even up in the air.

The only people who could be baited by flier is another flier. If they are high up in the air, you cannot connect a lunge to them unless they are vulnerable to the lunge counter. Thus, if they are up there doing nothing, no harm no foul to anyone. However, if they are spamming ranged attacks, everyone on the ground can bring them to the ground and pummel them the same way they counter any other player. :)
  18. Dylan Top5 New Player

It would help if you read my full post instead of the first sentence of my post... Yes, you can double jump in the brainiac ship, but you can't INFINITELY double jump like in this video without a skill point spent, you also can't glide upward. That is done with a skill point in rocket assisted Glide. I suggest you fully test and understand all movement modes before you try to help "balance" them.

19. Giggles Loyal Player

It would help if you and I were on the same page as far as intended and unintended play. Clearly it is an unintended mechanic that needs to be addressed by the dev team. That in no way shape or form looks like it is legit, and it would also be impossible to do that in actual combat where people were constantly stunning and hitting you, let's not forget grounding exists. I think you need to test the new PvP changes for yourself, so you can fully understand what it is we are all referring to. :)

P.S.

That's Rocket Assisted Glide, with double jump. Rocket Assisted Glide should be disabled in combat, just like Speed Force and Super Sonic, so clearly like I said, this is just another bug, and not an intended form of play. :)
    • Like x 2
  20. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

Movement
    • Super Speed
    o Inertial Flywheel
    - The extra horizontal speed boost for Super Speed users when holding Inertial Flywheel has been removed when in combat stance, similar to how Acrobat's Glide Line ability will not activate when in combat stance.
    - Out of combat stance, the extra speed boost for Inertial Flywheel remains.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1