Request To Devs: Put Super Speed change in WIP so everyone can share their opinion

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Volkenraider, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Volkenraider Loyal Player

As the title says, if there is a change that will impact the pvp community in a big way, it would be nice if it was put up in a thread for everyone (both PS and PC) to comment on and give their opinion and feedback

So far it seems that they took only one players opinion and pretty much shrugged off the rest..

Therefore I suggest that a thread be opened in the WIP so that we could have a discussion about it, It was done for the app which has nothing to do with the mechanics of the game, so I don't see why the same can't be done for something like this

If you agree or disagree at least all cards should be put on the table and see where everyone stands

Thanks for reading
    • Like x 18
  2. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

I 100% agree that the greater population outside of test should have the ability to input feedback. It's unfair to the people who are as much of loyal customers as the next person that don't have the opportunity to voice their opinion simply based on what platform they play on.
    • Like x 6
  3. minuteofdecay Committed Player

There was balance to the movement modes each had their own advantages and disadvantages but now SS is way down on the list maybe even the worst. Thing is it has been this way for what four years and now they want to change it ? Why?

Is this just a cash grab to get more ppl to switch out of SS?
    I just do see the reasoning behind the change.

If it's to "balance" the MM then flyers need to be only able to fly as high as SS can jump. So a flyer doesn't have an advantage of hiding at the edge of combat throwing BB while ur fighting other ppl

It is said grounding is getting a buff wouldn't it been easier to limit SS with that?
    • Like x 5
  4. junglejim New Player

Yknow i support this. Finding it hard to picture the difference between being grounded or in combat as s.s when this goes live
    • Like x 1
  5. yaya2220 New Player

There only was 1 league and like 3 other guys that wanted ss to get nerf. And theres more pvp leagues that dont i agree with this like i seen some members from one pieced, The replacements, Mass terror, fullmetalheroes and Gameplay etc
    Thats like 5 lgs that dont agree. And they still doung what 1 lg wants i think thats unfair
    • Like x 1
  6. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Good points.

Problem is the devs will adjust SS, then the players move onto to the next & the next as it becomes a perpetuating downward spiral of future adjustments that we never wanted to try to balance out the original unwarranted change...as we know this cycle inevitably nerfs everything to oblivion & eventually kills a great deal of player enjoyment in the process. So what happens when you stop enjoying something? Sorry but if I like to eat ham every day & thats why I frequent a particular deli for years, I don't expect to be forced to eat roast beef next week...nor will I pay for it...their is always another deli I can go to which may even be cheaper, fresher &/or have better quality.

The dev's need to stop toying with everything & focus on the things that need to be addressed now. I'm still confused why, how, & when the community was in such an uproar that this SS change was needed to take effect......now lets scroll through the forums & see what people are really in uproar about that never even gets a glance. On the other hand maybe something does get a glance, gets multiple WIP's, but then gets no communication, no fixes, & then gets shutdown just so some1 can make a point iterating who the Tony Danza of DC is & during that process its purveyed as there isnt a problem, then finally we get a - we notice your unhappy so what do you guys think should happen next. <INSERT - South Park "We didn't listen" quote here>....hopefully your following me here. Anyway...Thanks to Tunso for stepping up, reaching out, & being capable of carrying a dialogue w/ the community.

Being the #1 revenue performing game on console...I just don't see any of that money going back into the game to facilitate better/faster production & increased resources thus limiting what development can actually do. I do love DC so I hope it gets better then its current state because I would like to come back once a direction has settled in, & the focus is on tweaks & not revamps. DC is a pretty solid game which I have enjoyed for years until all the recent & abrupt changes in gameplay. It was supposed to be new & fresh but it left many with the feeling of cold, boring & stale, with little to no diversity in powersets, rotations, or game mechanics. Oh well, I apparently can't adapt like all the cool hipsters...but more realistically I just refuse to continue paying to be a live beta tester for a consistently unfinished product which changes its core foundation on a whim , which IMO were its only strengths, but at my expense & enjoyment.

Oh look, another Deli right over there...
    • Like x 6
  7. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Why should super speed changes be treated any differently than any other changes that have been on test.
    I paid to get on there for WM after my subscription ran out I wanted to comment on stuff, but was unable.
    Pay $15 and get on test so you can comment on what is there, not what you want to be there.
    • Like x 1
  8. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Not gonna lie had to read your post twice lol :p

But yeh this change was never discussed in the original PVP thread they made a few months back and all of a sudden its in the next GU.. Thankfully its not fully useless since they can't put the next patch up until the next update (42 or 43)

Hopefully they can at least acknowledge this.. also the player who is fully vocal about it is nowhere to be seen..
    • Like x 1
  9. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Because it was never discussed in the original pvp thread.. It is a big change if Im honest, not sure if you scrim or do any pvp vs pre mades but this change quite frankly came out of the blue

All I'm asking for is for a WIP for everyone to comment on, not only for PC Legendary, you don't need a subscription or be on test to know what this change is about
    • Like x 3
  10. minuteofdecay Committed Player

No I pay for my legendary on ps4 I should have the same voice in the matter just like a pc member
    • Like x 8
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're reviewing feedback from everyone commenting, wherever that happens to be.
    • Like x 8
  12. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

Thanks or responding. It's great to see that you (developers) are aware of our concerns. Unfortunately, only myself and Eminence are currently the only USPS players that have access to the forum where the discussion is taking place (we purchased PC legendary to help provide input for season 3).

We'll begin directing people to this thread from any and all servers to give their input on the super speed changes.
    • Like x 3
  13. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

I'm a flier and always will be...that said.

I think it's a good move for PvP anyway, tired of SSer's runing away and hideing when the reaper is near!

Being cheesy is off the table now, I like it!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 3
  14. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Thank you for the reply Mepps, as Phil said I'll get people to who don't aren't PC Legendary to give input here as well

Very much appreciated ^^
  15. Gant Well-Known Player

This post speaks volumes. And the last paragraph is a solid perspective to where DCUO currently stands as a game.

I agree with the Prodigy Progeny's sentiments. I love DC and hope the Online Universe gets better than its current operating state.
    • Like x 2
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Might I make a small suggestion for future updates? Have your traditional thread in testing feedback, then make an additional thread in whatever section of the forums happens to be applicable.
    • Like x 4
  17. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I'm going back to flight with the new movement mode skimming because I only went acrobatic and speed for the movement mode feats.
  18. Sabigya Steadfast Player

As a person who has used the absurd kiting abilities of SS I am fine with these changes.
    I can currently go into a center of 20 villans pop a AoE pull and manage to run away without going below 75% health.
    If I tried that with Acro or Flight I would be dead on the spot.
    • Like x 3
  19. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Because poping a trinketand flying straighg up is not running away or cheesy. The buffed grounding would have been enough. Hope this stays in pvp
    • Like x 1
  20. MusicNotez New Player

Repost.
    • Like x 1