[REQUEST] Revisit Base Gear Mods

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Jan 19, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

So I'm back and playing catch up. I am also using an old character with the 255 boost. While doing so, I found myself changing gear with upgrades quite often. In doing so, I also would change the White Base Gear Mods. I found myself wanting. There aren't very many options. Some don't even have a use at all, like leg mods for some powersets. It's like once they were taken out of Time Capsules, they were just forgotten.

So my request would be, can you revisit these mods? Give more variety and options. Maybe double up on some powers than others for each slot. Like a cooldown decrease plus a heal to utilize more slots. Things like that. Please?
    • Like x 3
  2. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I'd like more "Leg-Slot" choices. With only three, it kinda pigeon-holes me into using one of those three abilities. I could just not slot or use those three abilities, but then it nags at me that I'm leaving something on the table.
    • Like x 1
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

As it stand none of my characters use leg white mods because they're all useless.
    • Like x 3
  4. Solarbound Committed Player

Looking at everyone else here, I definitely agree that the leg mods feel like a huge limitation. Neither of what they apply to are powers I ever use in my loadout, whether dps or tanking. Personally, I would just like to see freedom of where we can place each tactical mod; remove that restriction altogether. Either that or find some way to migrate them into the mod interface we have now for our augments. Maybe a newly improved way to progress them as well. It would just be great to have more flexibility out of them, regardless of how the DEVS could approach this.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Tactical Mods need a QoL overhaul. I would like to see new variations. Would it be possible to save different mods for different builds?
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I would love for them to give them a treatment similar, but I don't think that would be wise since they do unique things, unlike just having +100 might to a ring and what not. I think just adding more options for each slot would be enough and add to the more ways to adjust your character. Since they nerfed the effects of the mods they wouldn't break either by letting something be accelerated and give a little health back when used.
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

What I dont get is why havent they added a face white mod yet? They had 1 with starro op item, why not have that for all faces?
  8. BumblingB I got better.

That was a cash grab for an item that became outdated while it was still out. I do agree, they should readd that in on all faces.
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Imagine the possibilities, they could be bought for DLC currency, and there would be newer ones each DLC like artifacts, to go in our new face pieces.

Could range from mitigating 2% damage, crit power, damage, heals 2%, to whatever else they can think of such as 2% might/dom/resto/power/vit ect. Would love to have this option