Request: Gadgets Suppressor Turret Size Reduction

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Nov 19, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Is it possible to have the Gadgets Suppressor Turret reduced in size?

The thing is twice the size of ANY pet in the game and quite often, blocks pathways. Including getting me stuck. (Happens more often on switch than PC for some reason.)

Not asking for a buff or nerf. Nor do I want a new skin, just it shrunk down by like 15-25% maybe? To make it more in line with other pets in the game.

This would be a very pleasant QoL request. Especially since it got a huge beneficial change of it not despawning after combat. (I mean, why was it in the first place?)

Thank you.
    • Like x 9
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Hopefully they will reduce the size of the eyesore. I wouldn't mind a new skin, that turret design is terribad.
    • Like x 1
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

too many pets in general. probably contributes for most of the lag we experience in game.

i wish there was a way some of these things could consolidate. only have 1 of each time on the battlefield (not including the ones as part of our powersets) with them being a little stronger the more summoned. so if three players have the bootility belt and everyone summons their boos out instead of twelve we still have the four only theyd be a little stronger than if just one or two sets were summoned. something like that.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

So would I, but that would require more development time and I want this to be as easy to do as possible.
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

But, but, but...seeing how high I can get by continuously bunny hopping on my turret is by far the most interesting thing I can do to pass the time in between bounties!

Ugghh, this is what DCUO has come to...sigh.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

10-15% reduction probably still can do that.

And I do that too. lol Acro ftw!
  7. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

An invisible npc artifact coming right up. At rank 200 walk through not one not two but all npcs. And while you walk through an npc gain 1 % supercharge if you walk through 5 npc at the same time gain 5% dmg out. if you walk through 30 npcs at the sametime gain 10% crit chance. If you walk through another player gain a friend. If you walk through another player who has more sp then u steal his sp for 30sec. Ur sp can stack with his but beware if someone else is doing the same thing you both end up having 0 sp for 30sec
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Not related to my thread, but I get the joke.
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

It's awful. It was awful at launch though too -- not sure how it made it to live.

Just revamp it entirely with a nicer more modern design in a VFX overhaul. Do a Skeets inspired pet or something.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Again, I'm not against, this, I just want something that can be done quickly. IIRC, it got a size reduction the very first Gadgets updated in like 2012? But it needs to be smaller. If they want to do a visual updated to it, lets leave that for when they will want to do that for more than just a single pet.
  11. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

reskin the gadgets suppressor turret with a peng-bot.
  12. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Revisiting it at all (even for a simple size reduction) will often mean just doing a total revamp. At that point they're in there and may as well do the whole job. It's harder to make a case for spending the time at all for such a minor thing. That's often how this stuff is seen at least even if you or I may not agree.
  13. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

I approve this message, and not just because i'm sick of it ruining my screenshots.
    • Like x 1
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Acro indeed!

And while you are correct, any more difficult and It might trigger horrid flashbacks of having to do that in Metroid and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link for NES. These kids will never know the horrors of NES gaming.
    • Like x 1