Request for developers, base item vendor please.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Okay so I was on test server like usual, I was running the Christmas Event and buying the Base Items.

I couldn't really test them out until I got 20 items. I happened to run across a Vendor that sold me a Housing supply box. It contained a lot random but good base items.

I'm wondering, could we get the same sort of thing for live?

The way it would work is we spend our Marks of Victory(preferably 5 or 10), and we would get a "Box of Base Items"

Rules:
    1)Base items would be non dlc(Unless you own the episodes) So for example if I have War Of The Light part 2, I have a chance of getting a Wall Banner or Mist Container type item;likewise if I don't own the episode, they have no chance of dropping.
    2)Base items will always be randomized with each box purchase, this is just to help make it a random gamble of sorts.
    3) They cannot be traded, otherwise broker would be flooded with these things, nor are they account bound.
    5 or 10 Marks of Victory isn't hard to come by at all, even with the relevant mark system, and
    I'm one of the many people who like to decorate their bases. But for me and probably others too, base items have the following problems:
    1) They don't drop commonly enough. 2) Sometimes its way overpriced on the broker. 3) Sometimes the items you're looking for isn't on the broker at all( I looked for lantern wall banners, couldn't find a single Sinestro or Blue Lantern Corps one.)

So the 5/10 Marks of victory for a Box of Base Items would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
    • Like x 9
  2. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

There are plenty of ways to get base items in content. The reason we're not seeing certain items is nobody is running that content, so by keeping items in content only they can entice us to run it. There are sites that say where items come from, so if you're chasing something I'd suggest you look them up.
    • Like x 4
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I have looked up base items, and I've ran the content that says where they drop frequently.

I couldn't even get a simple couch or bed to drop. most of the time it was tables or something else.
    Ty for the suggestion though.
    • Like x 1
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

yes you are right, But it would be nice to have a vendor that gave random base items when you bought them be kinda cool.
  5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i like this idea, i give it a 9.9/10 ;)
  6. DoctorSyndrome Dedicated Player

That's a cool idea. It would be a great alternative to randomly finding base items in duos, alerts, etc. It would also help with not having to buy base items in the auction house which are usually way to overpriced.
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I have to disagree.

I've ran plenty of instances, especially recently on my Tank alt, and I've not seen a single Lantern wall banner or mist container in a very long time. Likewise, I haven't seen any Tall Moderne Lights for a long, long time, too.

As we all know from the RNG gear discussion, random sucks. Getting something after being screwed over so many times isn't a good feeling. An option to cut out and work around the RNG should always be given.

Besides, I don't want OP players running low tier content for base items, because OP players in low tier content is crippling the game and doing a lot of damage.

Therefore, on that basis, I'm a supporter of this concept.

I like the idea of R&D base items, which was suggested not so long ago. Utilising junk white drops (rubber chicken, tasers etc.) that are sold to vendors for minuscule amounts of cash, as well as a few other components, players would be able to build certain items with different recipes, perhaps sold in a vendor or available as a tradable drop.

I think this would add some value to the economy, as well as enable base builders to effectively build their bases, without their plans/designs being ruined by bad luck.
    • Like x 8
  8. Mermaid Dedicated Player

As a base lover and with loads of base projects I'm currently working on, I fully support this! I've ran many past content only to be disappointed because the base items I need aren't dropping.
    • Like x 1
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Bumping this up a bit, Would really like more base items.
  10. Benn 10 Committed Player

More is always good. Lol
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Not that simple.

Even if you know where in item drops....... thanks tot he RNG.....odds of the item that you are looking for dropping are really really really small.
    • Like x 3
  12. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

While I like the idea of a vendor, I do think that they should just add more bundles to the Marketplace. As long as they are reasonablypriced.
    • Like x 1
  13. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I did not want a vendor-based items, I wanted a way to be able to pass the items I've added to my inventory for the League hall.
    I have many basic items you do not need and some that are added inadvertently league. And who would like a way to be able to pass!
    • Like x 1
  14. Helderman Dedicated Player

I'd rather though a Rare Base Item Vendor with all the feat related base items for 100 Marks of Victory each
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

That sounds good too.
    Agreed here, I hate having some base items I get but don't use at all that should be implemented.

That would be fine for feat related base items, but I'm talking about regular base items or DLC base items, like the Wall banners, or flash items.
    And I think it should be dropped to 70 marks at best. 100 is just asking the whole marks cap, unless it included every single feat ranging from occult to playhouse.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

17. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Bad tasting comment...

I agree it would be nice
  18. VariableFire Loyal Player

Not a real solution, stop bringing it up. The base item category is often stuffed full of endgame drops that are overpriced for how often they drop; meanwhile, stuff from older content drops so randomly and rarely that they're overpriced for how much they add to the base (5000 for an oxygen tank, really?).

Base items need to drop by the bucketload; instead, we get a trickle and a random trickle at that.
    • Like x 1
  19. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

New base items fall like candy from a pinata and are still over priced. You're right

20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Couldn't agree more with this. It's so unbelievably annoying. Especially as many of the items are modular and usually require a few to actually look good.

In situations where you actually want the base items (i.e. the Living Planet, Mist containers, Wall Banners ) they never show up and in situations where they only look good when you have a few of them (i.e. the Flash Museum items, specifically stuff like the hanging lights and wall banners) the same story.