{REQUEST} Bring this animation back in an update please.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by SpicyMoonlight, Oct 31, 2014.

1. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Remember that old backdraft animation where it wasn't just punching the ground?

I really would like to see that animation again, i don't care how slow it was or whatever, it looked the coolest.
    There was absolutely nothing wrong with the animation, and i sometimes reminisce about those days....:(
  2. HazeTA New Player

Isn't/wasn't the animation based on what weapon you use?
  3. Wanning Comet Committed Player

The animation for backdraft and, I think flashpoint, and several other powers in some of the original powersets used to be based on your weapon; but, the animations were changed and standardized in the animation pass so that more memory could be freed up so that new content and powers could eventually be added to the console version of the game, specifically, the PS3 version would probably not even be able to run WotL2 or later DLCs if the pass wasn't made.

Eventually the PS4 will be in the same boat, but, since the PS4 is newer, that point probably won't be reached for quite some time, if ever, depending on how long DCUO lasts.

I do agree that the animations were cool and much better but it's a sacrifice that had to be made to allow the game to run on a console. The fact that dcuo was one of the first games of it's kind on PS is probably what's allowed it to keep the servers running for so long, though. Having a unique animation for everything would be nice, so would new environments and things, but the console version would eventually run out of memory and become unplayable.
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Same with ice and the freeze wave..... I miss stabbing my staff into the ground when coming out of a combo, looked so epic!
    • Like x 1
  5. DCUController New Player

I want the old ice form back, I liked it is why Im leveling a spark small ice tank up, for when they cut PS3 in the future and bring that back :p

rather its 3 years or 8 years, I'll still be playing in hope to get that form ;)