[Request] Brawling mastery change

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Captain Neos, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Captain Neos Committed Player

I think the doom spin mastery is a little awkward and more open to counter due to being a slow tap hold hold hold input. Perhaps istead of backfist the mastery could be activated after ground pound which is faster.
  2. OMGits2RAW Well-Known Player

To be honest it's the only WM combo I can not do :/
    • Like x 3
  3. Captain Neos Committed Player

Haha its really tricky to do most times by the third hold I end up doing the lunge.
    • Like x 1
  4. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

Two WM I succeed only a third of the time I try are this one (brawling into doom spin of 2h) and the MA tap tap hold hold melee into Hb uppercut...
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, that's one of the toughest to pull off. Then you have a continuous animation after which to time your ability cast. Not a great choice. That combo into Pulse Beam (can't remember from what) is easier to pull off, but again, you have a continuous animation to try and time a cast after. Unless you plan to use the raw precision combo damage, neither one is a great option.
  6. Captain Neos Committed Player

DW stunning swipe is also pretty awkward in addition to the uppercut.

That is very true same with the magnum round ones. I'm not sure how many people used back fist before WM its such a slow and easily telegraphed attack.
  7. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Home run mastery is long to.
  8. fozz454 New Player

Top two weapons that are in my opinion the hardest to WM is rifle and pistol gave up on both after a few days. The rest just take practice, used to love rifle not anymore. Bow is awesome now melee and range.

I agree with the OP about the change.
  9. Conno23 New Player

That doomspin combo is heavily broken by lag too. When i have many mobs all around me, as a tanker, and that doom spin would be most useful, all i get is the lunge. And timing it is not easy, with the continued animation, again especially with lag.

Honestly, i dont think that the damage it does is enough for the time spent, difficult timing, instability, and vulnerability. But i love when it works! It is so fun knocking mobs down, and watching health melt as i spin joyfully on my tanker.

When it works, it is great, but it doesnt work as much as i like.
  10. Captain Neos Committed Player

And with haymaker being the natural finisher in brawling I sometimes forget to perform home run, both masteries leave you open to counter very easily.

I've never been able to use rifle the flips are disorienting lol same for pistols back n forth really messes with positioning. Rifle has to have the worst masteries atm because of the movement away from your target or activating flamethrower in their face first.
    • Like x 1
  11. Captain Neos Committed Player

It would be better with faster execution for tanking, the time it takes coupled with the high chance of missing it negate its overall utility. The damage does seem low when one handed to hb can net more damage in the same time it takes to execute. Lol it is great knocking mobs down with it though. Personally I would have done ground pound to spinning punch, haymaker to home run, tap range to shuriken storm and stomp smash to hammer throw when setting up the mastery.
  12. NecronDaark New Player

I did have it in my arsenal, but last respec I didn't bother. Too inconsistent and seemed to always stop shorter than it should. I don't have any trouble with Home Run, hit it all the time. And the Martial Arts ones are super easy. Doom spin was the weakest link IMO.
  13. Octantis New Player

It's easy, you hit the next Hold as the character is beginning/in-the-middle-of spinning during Backfist. If the arm is already extending to smack the opponent, it's too late. The time to press the button is really early in the Backfist animation.

The animation of Ground Pound into Doom Spin Mastery would look really awkward. As it is, it flows pretty well from one move to another. If it's added to Ground Pound, that would make it the only WM attack to combo off a Lunge.
    • Like x 1
  14. SickoTheClown New Player

I kind of dislike most of the melee WM combos but maybe that's just me.
  15. Captain Neos Committed Player

Off the top of my head the two handed mastery into flurry is also after a lunge and it certainly gives more bang for your buck lol.
  16. Captain Neos Committed Player

Not all bad I actually love the handblaster brawling masteries they are really well done.
  17. TrueOlympus New Player

Its horrible I agree
    • Like x 1
  18. SickoTheClown New Player

I just seem to prefer the range combos. I'll give it a try.
  19. fozz454 New Player

Anybody use staff I switched from rifle but the damage seems low compared to hand blasters. My original weapon is rifle tried hand blaster did ok damage but I have experience with HB none with staff. Trying to figure out if I need more practice or if the weapon just isn't as good. Morter rounds in the weapon master staff range is awesome but seems weaker than arrow fling, plus I don't lose the skill point with staff. I truly gave up on rifle, weapon master killed it for me especially since morter rounds was my favorite move. Plus who wants to be FOTM
  20. Captain Neos Committed Player

Unlike most masteries, the staff combos leading to the masteries do not seem to hit very hard. Flip burst can get decent numbers and mortar is also ok but cleave and air launch hit for very low numbers overall.
    • Like x 3