Request: Allow solo entry of content.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MyDpsIsBetter, Nov 22, 2020.

1. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

An important part of the game is feats. To be frank not many players are queing up past content, If they are they don't have any interest in feats and are mess the feats up making it really impossible to get said feats done. I would like the ability to enter raid and alert content by myself. The skill point system/feats are great but current they are rather off putting.
    • Like x 7
  2. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I’m with you. But I doubt the devs will do it because it would encourage hackers without honest players around to report them.
    • Like x 1
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

the devs have said that they're looking into it. it's a long-standing request on the forums, some kind of system by which we can enter duos / alerts / raids with reduced groups, or, indeed, solo.
    • Like x 3
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

totally with you. if they allowed this, it would completely open up the game, for me. all those styles, collections, briefings, investigations, &, of course, feats! they don't even have to worry about new rewards or rejigging anything. just let me queue in, either with a couple of mates or on me own. please.
    • Like x 3
  5. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

I'm with you, they need to allow you to force a queue through and maybe put a message warning player that you may not have enough players. So if I wanted to solo que for Paradox Wave, I could choose the option to "Force Queue" or something like that, then the game warns me "You may not have enough players, are you sure you want to enter by yourself", If I hit yes then I go in by myself. I don't know why this option doesn't already exist.
    • Like x 6
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This. The economy would be even worse if hackers could just freely que into any content alone to farm everything
  7. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Them hackers not bothering my gaming experience one bit. What is lowering my quality of play is missing feats cause pugs messing them up. Or waiting one hour for a que. Y'all put to much effort into speed hackers. The economy has been hit up multiple times during the years by regular non hacking players through glitches.
    • Like x 1
  8. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Same it's beyond me. Makes zero sense.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

This! I've only been playing since June of this year so whatever damage the hackers have done is already done; Broker prices are already outrageously high! At least this would give us a chance to go after certain collections and styles alone without having to feed the greedy folks on the broker.
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

First off, how? If the 'hackers' (assuming you mean speed hackers) were farming more things, there would be more in the broker...so the prices would go down, not up. Second, there is solo content that has farmable things in it now, like the Speedster solo, and I'm not sure we've seen any change in War Gauntlets or Lapel flowers since the episode went to source marks.

The only thing I'd agree on is the fact that if they could run the stabilizer solo (which most would be in favor of), the ability to set up 1000's of accounts and bot farm the run would be huge...more stabilizers means more TCs...means more goodies to trade, sell. However this should still bring the prices down...not up.

All in all, we'd benefit way more from having the ability to do this than not. #AdjustableQueueSize for the win.
    • Like x 3
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

BTW...I'd say they just tack a 'suggested minimum' on the raid/alert/duo description, not have a mechanic to ask you every time. If you can't read that the flash duo requires 2...you'll figure it out when you get to the buttons.

I always have envisioned it as a 'use matchmaking' type of button we can disable. If you uncheck the 'use matchmaking' (which is basically what it's doing right now....if you have 5 or a raid, it goes to matchmaking for the other 3), it just goes in with the group you have...1 if that's the case...2, 3 or whatever if that's what's in your group. It's already programmed....we just need a switch to turn it off.
    • Like x 2
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A lot of you'll still can't solo Sunstone Matrix but you want open access to everything.
    • Like x 1
  13. MarvelHawkeye Well-Known Player

I definitely agree with this one. Just running older content is always fun even without needing feats.
    • Like x 2
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

However....alot of us can....so add it. As the saying goes..."**** 'em all and let God sort them out". The people who can't do it solo or in a stripped down group will sort themselves out...the rest of us can benefit. Honestly even the people who CAN'T really take advantage solo still benefit as the change doesn't HAVE to mean soloing....could be 6 or 7 in the group...just not requiring 8 or a never-ending queue time. Heck even on relatively current content like M2 or BOP...spent 20 min getting a group for CTR together yesterday, mainly waiting on a last DPS...we got in and someone bailed. We ran the rest of it 7 man and did fine, but still wasted that 20 min trying to get 8 originally.

I've already taken things into my own hands and get into raids to solo or duo weekly (at least while free eps are on). Except for where there are buttons to activate I can get through most raids till about Earth 3...and I'm not really one to 'battle' setup, so I'm sure there are many who could do it better.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Just realized I have a feat waiting for me in there so I'm off to give this a shot now. Wish me luck!
    • Like x 2
  16. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Just got the Medic Feat after a couple of tries. Didn't realize that I had to burn the Medics and not give them a chance to put up a shield as opposed to just not hitting them when their shields are up.

This though is a prime example of how amazing things could be if we could have the ability to Walk-In or Queue up to older content on our own. The raid was a ton of fun and I had no problem going back and doing it again. It was a slam, bang, thank you m'am, painless experience. If I had to wait for a group to queue up for this I would probably still be waiting.

Imagine how many people have just given up on the game because they will never be able to attain the heights of SP that their buddies or rivals have? Imagine how many folks have had negative thoughts about the game just due to the long queue times and the large drain on time? Imagine all the peop...wait...anyway, Yes, one can do other things and I often do while waiting, but one has to be careful not to get into any content that can't be interrupted so often you are kind of forced to just sit and wait. Even worse if you are part of a team of 5 or 6 waiting for 2 other people to queue up.

I'm not trying to make any demands or anything as I'm well aware that you have a reduced team with limited resources and we in the midst of a global pandemic. However, this could also possibly help give you folks a little reprieve to work on more expansive content. There are hundreds and hundreds of players who have never played a lot of the older stuff, myself included.

Please,

#FreeTheQueue
  17. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Ben sitting in a Que for New Gen for going on 5 hours now.. smh.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I'll make sure to queue NGN and keep leaving the queue each time it pops :p

Nah in all seriousness, 100% they've needed an option to force the queue now forever, if they're worried about speed hacking and the like maybe they should just install logs that automatically catch anything extraordinary and auto suspend or flag :)
    • Like x 1
  19. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

lol im died when I read this its popped like 20 times so far.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

It's not me lol.