Request about Changes to Light

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by dr strangeonline, Aug 1, 2014.

1. damagedealr New Player

The only thing wrong with hardlight at the moment is the new AM, yes hardlight uses alot of power and yes a power back mechanic would be awsome but to remove weapon mastery from that option completely negates the point of coming out with a power back mechanic. No combination of the hardlight combos hit hard enough or fast enough to make the new AM a viable form of dps. I just dont understand, clearly the so called *top hl players* that were at the soe conference told the devs that hl was using to much power in order to be competitive so their solution was to force you to do less damage with a power back mechanic? cmon man fix it in full or dont fix it at all. The power back should be caused by hitting grasping hand or snaptrap with a grace period to allow a player to hit a fan contruct then imediately apply a daze pi by clipping out of fan with chompers. So basically instead of power back when hitting a daze into a power it should be power back when hitting a power into a daze. Simple, ez, no huge advantage when it comes to damage out or anything.
  2. Lantern Jild New Player

There are like 20 things wrong with HL atm...

Anyways, you are kinda right about some things but truth is that DEVs can do whatever they feel is best for the powerset... if they want to keep combos in a slow format, damage can be increased to compensate... i really don't care if my boxing takes a year to hit if it hits as hard as a nuke!

At this time our best move would be to wait till they come with this "new AM" and see how it works and, in the mid time, keep remind them about bugs that HL has that need to be fixed (go to OP and check it)...

Who knows, maybe they fix those bugs and give us our combo AM mechanic, all at the same time!
    • Like x 1
  3. FourSyte93 Well-Known Player

On another note if Light is getting fixed again could we have Light barrier be a 4 man shield in controller role.Might also look better of the animation was like guy Gardner's in legends......hintity hint hint :p
  4. damagedealr New Player

lol thatl never happen unless they revamp the controller role, why would hardlight be the only power with a group shielding that isnt a super charge.
  5. FourSyte93 Well-Known Player

It was a simple suggestion.Besides they still have mental and quantum to update so who says they can't throw in non sc group shields for them?Granted I know non sc group shields seem to be on reserve for healer powers but it can't hurt to throw it out there. :/
  6. Zim New Player

They will not get it right with hard light ever! I honestly would like to wave the proverbial middle finger in that gu41 test thread to the improvement for HL question if I only had access. And the reason being is that they are only asking in that test thread. Who am I kidding? Doesn't matter who they ask they will muffled it up again x 4.

It's pathetic that after 3 threads were shut down full of ignored ideas for HL and then here they are AGAIN asking advice on how to improve HL. What the h......?

Stubborness, thick skull, pig headed, lazyness, or just sheer bad ideas got HL where it is at now. And if after over 200 pages of ideas for HL and they still don't know where to go with it then it's probably never gonna be right.

I just have to laugh at how utterly rediculous the devs sound asking for advice for HL. Lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. xmanUnlimited New Player

Increasing damage with the combo counter will make us slow, we will have a big and predictable build up before we can get our numbers out. In PVP we would be sitting ducks.

Inspiration and dazed PI are not congruent with long combo chains, the extra cast interrupts our combo, takes too long and costs too much power. Weapon Mastery is similarly not congruent with combo chains and if combo's are to keep pace they need some big help. Buffs and PI are not original to this power, and it was beast without them. Why use a separate cast to give you average damage? Inspiration and dazed are nerfs if you ask me.

My point is that if clipping is supposed to be the AM, they need to restore the mechanics that made clipping work. If combos are the AM then we need faster combo chains with higher base damage to keep up with our peers. It seems like the clip is way over rated at this point.

I have been hard light from the day it dropped. I have adapted to all of the nerfs and changes with great success. I can tell you first hand that after all of the hard work and good intentions from the dev team, Hard Light is less fun to play now than it was then. I could care less about the scoreboard or the bragging rights, I just want to have fun again. If I wanted PI's and buffs I could easily use a different power type and get my fill. If I wanted to clip I can clip with other powers too. I want combo's and that is what HL claims to offer. Gimmie some combo's and make them worth using, that's all.

Note to the Dev team, Don't be afraid of making HL too OP, you have plenty of room for error before we even get close.

This is my last post but i will continue to read till it closes, thank you all for your time and energy.

USPS LuckyTheLeprechan
    108cr PVE both roles
    90cr PVP both roles, 182sp
    Hero: TheRoyalFamily
    • Like x 2
  8. MugenM422 New Player

They're talking about making our combo's damage reamp quickly i believe, as they're saying at the moment all the AM's require a "Long" set up time, as such they want ours to ramp up pretty quickkly, i'm keeing my eyes on the AM thread in testing :)
  9. Lantern Jild New Player

I´m guessing that would be around 3 - 5 hits, it would be awsome if we can keep max damage after 5th hit till counter resets or soemthing like it, or maybe a little more like WM that in the x hit damage is encreased in x%
  10. MugenM422 New Player

Maybe...

I just checked the AM post again, and he (Tunso) confirmed they're gonna work on it for a future GU, but we are going to retain the Power return mechanic in GU41 so eventually HL will have 2x power mechanics, one might based and clippy and another precision based on stringing the combos together... Looks like the hard work by the HL community might actually be working!
    • Like x 3
  11. Lantern Jild New Player

I THINK THIS IS BRILLIANT!!!
    As a support to latest post by Tunso, i think we all should go to the GU 41: AMI and click like... the more likes the better, lets them feel that we are watching and waiting
    • Like x 1
  12. Victor99dcuo Well-Known Player

your right Hard Light need to be fix ASAP all this time wasted on nerfing HL 1000 players Telling him ideas to make hard Light a great power again but all ignored and Now asking Advice WTF Devs Lesson to the players.
  13. Victor99dcuo Well-Known Player

I like your post One day i hope they will lessen,your a true Gamer.
  14. Victor99dcuo Well-Known Player

I Hope So
  15. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I have the same HL credentials you do.

Day one status, successful all along the way.

The phantom trainable, jump canceling, had to have a rifle to be competitive, three troller setup to keep you powered was not fun and I'm glad it's gone along with all the players who used what at the time was legit and later became an exploit and fixed to scoreboard chase.

Nope, not fun at all.

HL still needs to be fixed but not going with you on the old glory days being great they weren't. There were just a lot more Hl vocal jump cancelers.
    • Like x 4
  16. Lantern Jild New Player

Indeed, people should stop CRYING about all days, thats gone and is not comming back, what we should do is to keep telling them all the bugs HL has and that need to be fix, HEY! they already said that not one but 2 different AM will be running on HL... would those be good/fine? dun know, but at least they are working on it...

HL as a whole is a repetitive reskinned power set (boxing/claws, imp/ram, GH/ST), i havent seen posts asking for real different powers between assault and support and lets face it, THAT is something that we should be asking to be changed!

Once again, read OP and take your time to think about it
  17. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I'm very happy with Tunso and the team's direction. Giving players a choice in how they want to play. Players who choose to rely on clipping combo attacks will get a power return mechanic in GU 41. A new mechanic will be developed that'll allow players who want to utilize the combo system to stay competitive. A new thread will be made to see how players want that to work and add their opinion.

Things I feel should be added.

*More PI applicators. Either way it seems that players are going to have to deal with a PI. I'd either like to have additional options to apply it or would like to see it removed. (Removal would probably be best for a combo'ing type set up). Impact, Ram, Mini Guns, Light Blast and Inspiration should all apply the PI.

* Fix the overwriting of Chompers/Spike Quake. With the power return mechanic being dependant on Dazed. That would give two Light DPS a way to apply Dazed. ( If they chose to play that way).

*Fix some of the counter issue's. Whip Thrash shouldn't be counterable from the power tray. Make it work similarly to Claws/Gloves. So that only as a combo would it be vulnerable to block. Reduce Light Blast cast time. Make it a 1.5 second single target finisher for DPS. For controllers do whats necessary to reduce the cast time to 1.5 seconds while leaving it multi target. That could be removing the ability to be a finisher in controller role. Or reducing the split point to 2. Or reducing the CC effect to 4. Possibly all of them. Either way a 1.5 second multi target stun/debuff.

* I know many are looking for AoE to AoE potential. I think the best option for both type's of dealing damage(clipping or comboing) would be to add full range combo's to give players more options and help avoid interruption as much. So Fan>Ram and Light Blast to Impact. Those would be able to cycle through each other and would be beneficial. They would both be AoE to AoE. Fan's cone could also be widened horizontally slightly.

* Additionally shielding. We have 1 shield. I've thought about different ways of doing this. Glove's and Claws could be combined into one power point. Allowing the user to pick 1 to use on their hotbar but still having the combo options. Or possibly removing Light Weight. It is vulnerable to block. It is a very iconic and fun power but would be one of the lesser used powers. The damage debuff could then be given to Chompers. This would leave room for either an aggro drop or an offensive shield. Something like a Shield Blast. Where it provides a short 3 or 4 second shield then blasts the enemies back and away from the user. Possibly stunning them. It could have a similar look to Light Barrier to make things simpler, faster to complete. All while putting a shield in the assault tree.

Either way it could be done. I prefer combining Claws/Gloves because it'll impact players less but still give them an additional shield option. But I really feel the set should have an additional shield option whether that's an aggro drop or shield(offensive?). Due to its melee range nature.

*Last would be bugs. Fans CC effects not applying properly at range. Lunging Swing cancelling damage when clipped. Missing Tool Tips. Impacts double train etc. Should all be fixed.

That's what I think is missing. A new mechanic making combo'ing grant a viable competitive amount of damage is great. I'd still like to see the small tweaks made to improve how we combo in either DPS or Controller Stance.
    • Like x 2
  18. MugenM422 New Player

I'm so excited about the potential for the combo system! :D ultra power efficient and green all over the place... Gonna really set the war of light off nicely ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. damagedealr New Player

i came off kinda rude and that wasnt my intention was simply stating it would require a revamp to troll stance but i do agree with u in a way cause hardlights light barrier is quite weak compared to other powers and doesnt allow you to pick people up from damage pools in lockdown.
  20. Delta795 New Player

I'm confused...
    How is Light Barrier different than Time Bubble or TK Shield? It is even stronger than Boon OF Souls I use on my Sorcery toon since it only can take 3 hits before disappearing.