Replay badges for every dlc we bought?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Terremor, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Terremor New Player

Hello, don't you think we deserve lil something-something for each dlc we bought? Because it feels like a waste tbh..... At least we all could use some replay badges? I mean i got almost all dlc, kinda not fair....
    • Like x 7
  2. RTX Well-Known Player

That´s a pretty strange way of thinking. You bought and got what you paid for, values change over time, its like trying to sell your PC from 2000. I think you already getting enough in exchange, you get to know that life isnt always fair and on top of that the chance to get feats done with more players who join the content.

Now let me try to get my money back for the food i´ve eaten today...
    • Like x 3
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Just think of all the DLC you won't have to buy in the future.
    • Like x 1
  4. Stoopid Witch New Player

"you get to know that life isnt always fair" wow, ok lol, thank you for your wisdom good sir :confused:
    but fr if you bought a game yesterday and today it's free you gonna feel scammed
    • Like x 3
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

People were warned about it months in advance. It didn't happen out of the blue. They even removed episodes from being sold so that people wouldn't buy an episode and then get all of them for free a few months later.
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Except you didn't buy a game yesterday, you purchased an episode several months ago. How did you feel when they opened all episodes for everyone last year? Did you feel scammed then?
    • Like x 1
  7. Terremor New Player

hell ye i did
    • Like x 2
  8. Terremor New Player

i didn't said a word about refund, i said replays would be nice
    • Like x 3
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You literally got exactly what you paid for. Why should they give anything back?
    • Like x 1
  10. RTX Well-Known Player

Its not a new thing in the game industry. Counter Strike Global Offensive, you had to buy and it became free, now you have to buy Prime again. It´s simply their business, we dont even know for how long episodes will be free (values change over time).

I mean we dont have to go that far away, let´s stay at DCUO.
    In past there been DLC´s where free power unlock was included (Hardlight, Earth) now you have to buy them seperatly...should the new players cry now, since others didnt had to pay for it before?
    Same thing applies to DLC Hand of Fate, where most Legend Characters been unlocked for marks, now you have to buy.
    Or the DLC Origin Crisis, where you had the "Lair System", "Utility belt" unlocked, now you have to buy.
    Dunno if weapon "shield" came free with a dlc aswell.

Should be all said with that, i mean sure you can try getting something (maybe a loyality emblem for the bought episodes)
    But dont expect something like "Replay Badges", would be far from reality. (well 0,001 replay badges per DLC lmao)
    • Like x 1
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The price changes for episodes are not retroactive.
    • Like x 4
  12. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Ive been trying to convince them to add more REPLAY BADGES.... DCUO is pointless without playing for a long time.. We are LIMITED to gameplay.. i do not understand why they cant get that? DCUO should be encouraging MORE REPLAY BADGES and encouraging longer play times..
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You invested in a depreciating asset. It depreciated.
    • Like x 2
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

They went another way. They're encouraging more play time by removing loot locks for lower content...
    • Like x 2
  15. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Why do we need rewards or some sort of pay back for stuff that’s now free anyway? I mean, the dlcs I bought are free? The episodes I bought are free? I don’t need some sort of reward or apology gift. I view it as funding a great game and the stuff that’s free? I’m happy it’s free now. It’s a matter of not assuming the world revolves around you. Being happy that others won’t have to pay out of pocket to play.
    • Like x 2
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If this bothers you guys, don't ever get involved in the stock market
    • Like x 3
  17. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

There is something to be said about brand loyalty and building that brand.

Looking to build trust with your customers and simultaneously improve their shopping experience?
    A strategically placed satisfaction guarantee could be the way to go.

Selling something and then making it free down the road without any kind of rebate for the customers that bought said items isn't exactly building customer loyalty. As a matter of fact, it is the complete opposite.

https://www.yieldify.com/blog/satisfaction-guarantee-ecommerce/
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So if you buy a new PlayStation and the price eventually goes down do you call PlayStation and expect them to give you a refund for the difference? If you buy a new phone and and prices go down. Do you expect them to give you money back for them? Companies are not responsible for you buying an item that later goes on discount or even goes free. At the time of purchase you got what you paid for. You enjoyed the dlc. You past it. And eventually you out gear it. I personally bought certain things for those moments my membership ran out. I got what I needed out of them. Now they are going to be free and I never have to worry about them. Either way that was my choice to make. I’m not entitled to anything back.
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Ooooh... does that mean I can get a refund on nine years of subscriptions because they're now going to be giving away the major benefits for free? Nope, it doesn't.

People got what they paid for, and used it. No refunds required.
  20. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

If you feel that you need it. Go for it.

I paid for sub since 2011 and stopped last year because of the games direction and the amount of things subs lost over the years. Do I want something back? Nope, I understand that a sub is equivalent to a monthly rental.

As far as my thoughts on Premium accounts before these upcoming changes. I wouldn't take a premium account if you gave me one with every DLC.......
    THATS BEFORE NEW CHANGES
    Now maybe
    Why I never buy virtual anything unless I feel like totally wasting money.
    I've been in games that have closed and changed directions like this. And,......I got stuck holding the bag after buying thousands dollars worth of things.

Now back to the players that paid for DLC's.
    The customers were sold the DLC's under the pretence of the game never making DLC's free. Now they are free.

Now since the DLC's are free the least DCUO should do is toss them a bone. Especially if the players stick around.

100 replays for each DLC WOULD GO FURTHER THAN ANYONE REALIZES. And, it would barely be a drop in the bucket for DCUO. I honestly think it would make DCUO money in the long run.
    Customer and brand loyalty is not to be scoffed at.

Last thing
    What brand of car do you drive and why?
    Chevy? Ford? Dodge? Import?

What brand of shoes do you like and why?
    Nike? Adidas? Puma? Keds? Redwings?
    • Like x 1