Replay Badge... Noob Helper?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XODUIS, Jul 17, 2013.

1. XODUIS Committed Player

I had an interesting run today. I LFG'd for prime and got picked up. We queued and entered, people didn't make it and we waited but that's beside the point. After we were all there we ran prime, in 5mins we wiped ( surprising right?) So i did the next logical thing and inspected people. Turns out the troll had 5 pieces of T5. At this point you're probably like So what? It gets better. He also had on pieces of REVERSE. YES T2.5 GEAR MIXED WITH T5. I didn't even bother to ask how that happened. Another person I inspected was the healer. All T5 and T4.5 gear. But she kept asking what everything in prime was for. Turns out she never ran it before. With great gear -.-, she never ran prime before. She was 91cr and ONLY HAD 80SP. Only one explanation why these people had such weird qualities. Replay badges. Is this what DCUO intended for the use of replays? For people to get T2 gear and just get carried to T5 then use replays?? One person told me it took them 3 days to get full T5 after taking a year long hiatus. I think DCUO needs to limit replays or at least have a two week period where Replays are usable. Not once a year but like every month you can only use replays. Because if a person a lot of money it'd take them about 2 weeks to get full T5 if people carried them.
    • Like x 3
  2. Miahztwin Committed Player

Lol yeah, it does help people skip content. But DCUO needs the money i guess
  3. deltablues New Player

I've run T5 content with people with 60 skill points. I've heard of lots of people having their league walk them into Nexus when they're super undergeared. I wonder if you had all T2.5 or T3 gear will T5 expert mods what that would take your combat rating to. You might be able to get your CR up enough to get some people to walk you through some of that content and collect the drops.
  4. kingmasternova Loyal Player

That why I did not the idea in the frist place to allow you to buy it on the market place.
    They should have made the replay bages drops as if you did the mission already.
    Examle: if you already did gates & I did not.
    You would get replay not triumps & you still be loot lock.
    I would get triumps & loots

That would have been much better that way.

The only ones who wouldn't like it.
    Is the people who stay I have to work my league would be higher gear them me.
    Well it's your league your league should rerun the mission we you . If they don't then that league is bad for you then.

Leagues should HELP all who in there league they are post to HELP everybody out They are post to be frinds that why they are in thesame league.

POINT BLANK!!
  5. XODUIS Committed Player

EXACTLY! Before replays it was first come first serve. Meaning whoever stayed on every raid and mission had the the best gear. Not the most money. Back then you had to run everything to have the most marks now that you have replays all you have to is just rerun. Back then if you were a noob you RAN EVERYTHING to catch up. Now just buy your marks. Might as well just let people buy their marks.
    • Like x 2
  6. deltablues New Player

Yep. I was so proud to be full T3 back when there were no replay badges. It meant something. Now having good gear isn't really evidence of anything other than indiscriminate spending.
    • Like x 2
  7. XODUIS Committed Player

l
    I agree completely especially during the T3 phase you worked hard to get that gear stayed on top of it, you were proud of that gear. Now anyone can get a full tier in a matter of days.
  8. Notangie New Player

Replay badges are good and bad. Good if you know how to play and want to improve your gear or farm a certain style, bad if you replay to get carried without ever learning your role.

I honestly don't know why a league would carry a bad player over and over instead of actually helping them learn how to play.
    • Like x 1
  9. deltablues New Player

Yeah! If you looked at someone's gear and saw they were in all T3 you know they didn't screw around. You knew that was a person who finished all of the hardest raids week after week, that they were a dedicated and tenacious player. It was armor that showed work and deserved to be respected.
  10. XODUIS Committed Player

Exactly replays really were a good idea horribly abused to some it up.
    • Like x 1
  11. Goony New Player

dont even need to use replay badges sometimes to get stuff, like someone else said you could put 5s on everything and have a high enough cr to run content your gear should not allow, another reason that someone has mixed t5 and t2.5 is they are a dps who is picking up their troll gear maybe going on a limb for that one. and i know people who run a lot of stuff but do not want to run prime because it is scary looking :eek:
    • Like x 1
  12. blklightning New Player

This is the inevitable with any new tier of content that gets release... ... power leveling.

People are going to gear up faster and faster, yet not understand how their powerset works, how to do their role properly, or how to run content. The finer strategies of t4 raids are no longer taught, as they're not longer forced to be learned. In the past 2 weeks, I've solo healed Prime twice. The first run was 6 minutes long. We got speed feat, No Tag Out, and Prime numbers. The 2nd run was pretty much the exact same. One of the single hardest raid feats in the game is now a mere joke to obtain. t5 is now where they're going to be forced to learn strategy... or fail.

I power leveled to t4 and was forced to learn game strategy there. Had I started sooner, i'd have learned sooner.

Don't blame this on replay badges. They're a scapegoat.
    • Like x 2
  13. Sjxz New Player

Are you people really crying about replay badges?
    It's a business they're going to do whatever they can to increase profits.
    As for OP just get a league & only play with them, because PUGs only lead to frustration.
    • Like x 3
  14. Anima Committed Player

^^

And I was around 87 CR for my first PB run. No badges required...
  15. surge914 New Player

Replay badges IMO seem to be a give and take. Yes for those fresh players running on their first toon stuff like what you mentioned can occur but then again far us more experienced players that know the in and outs of the game it makes getting alts up easier since lets face it, no one wants spent the enormous amount of time spent on their main on their alts.
    • Like x 1
  16. Xeranx New Player

You're not going to get a limit on replay badges unfortunately. When people shell out actual cash for something like that, they're going to expect to use it whenever they see fit. SOE is also going to see a drop in use of the badges if they put limits in because people will say it's not worth buying if it functions just like regular lockouts.

Frankly, I'd prefer the replay badges to go, but chances are I'd win the lottery before that happens.
    • Like x 1
  17. MsMamba New Player

There should be a SP requirement to Tier Gears.

For example, for you to be able to BUY T4 gear, you should have a minimum 80 SP.

Or for you to be able to BUY T5 gear, minimum SP should be 100.

They can use replay badges to replay the content to harvest marks all they want but unless they've reached the minimum SP, then they won't be able to buy the gear.

That simple.
  18. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I made a villain about a year ago, got her to lvl 17 and just used as a broker mule.
    2 days ago I decided to pick her back up, she is now 74 cr with about 30 skill points. No replays at all till I got to 71cr then I ran steelworks missions with replays for 2 pieces of gear.
    Sent her a neck and rings and a couple o V mods from my main to bump cr and open content. It's easy to blast up to 70+ cr without replays in 2 days and do it with almost all drop gear.I've only bought like 2 pieces from vendors.
    I'm going to go back through all the content again now and rock all the feats I can and see how many skill points I can get in a few days.
    Took me most of a year to get my main to 74cr! LOL
    So drop gear + a few pieces of tier gear and CC/home turf gear with some mods is all you need, you make plenty nuff MoT's without replays to get it done.

One more thing...remember how great it was when you got your higher CR SPARC weapon?
    I loved my SPARC staff and used it for months!
    I bought one yesterday and an hour and a half later it was obsolete after my first 5 mission run at steelworks dropped a staff. It was a little sad, the SPARC weapon brought back good memories but was gone in less than 2 hours instead of being my trusty high end staff for several months. :( lol
    • Like x 2
  19. Wilder Midnight New Player

i think that replays should have been limited to the 150 a month you get for having a legendary subscription with the potential to purchase 150 more if you want to use your loyalty points.

it would have made subbing up important. the potential to earn 30 extra marks (give or take) a month.

as it is things arent going to change.

i had several months worth of loyalty points saved up when OC went live so i didnt have to spend any extra money on tons of replays and a few r n d and radar scanners.

i know a few people in game who spent several hundred dollars to get the prime helmet and look at where it is now...just another low tier random style.

as long as we have players like that replays will be for sale on the market place.
  20. Xeranx New Player

No. Just flat out, No.

It's bad enough that in this game to achieve what you want is an exercise in unlimited patience and luck. Having a skill point requirement is just using sandpaper on an open wound, bleeding wound. It's absolutely unnecessary and very mean-spirited. It's obvious that you put your wants and values over those of which you make no contribution for. You don't pay for the electricity that powers the computers, for the connection that allows for the connections, and you most definitely cannot compensate the time invested that you're pretty much demanding.

When you are capable of doing all those things for others, then you can stipulate and enforce YOUR wants on others so they have to meet them in order to satisfy you. Until then, quit trying to demand what isn't yours to request in the first place.
    • Like x 4