Renown for Elite Gear - Judas Contract

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALEX33016, Jul 19, 2018.

1. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

So a league mate was asking about renown for the Judas Contract cause she did not get any renown after running elite content for one of the raids...and there isn't even a renown indicator for the new content. Does anyone know how it is going to be measured?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A renown consumable drops off every elite boss. If your league mate didn't receive one she should put a ticket in.
  3. Heywiar Committed Player

I think its called "Titans Fan Commendation" or something. The icon looks like a letter. You get 200 from the first and second bosses and I'm assuming 400 from last boss. Our group had no problem getting renown but it may be glitching for some.
    This isn't the first time renown has glitched. (Looking at you, Zoo Elite...)
    • Like x 1
  4. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

Thanks....I will let her know. But even still shouldn't there be an empty renown indicator? I noticed and I do not have one either.
  5. SupesUp1 New Player

If she had run regular first to see the level and became loot locked she wouldn’t get the renown for going into elite after.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That doesn't appear until after you consume your first renown.
    • Like x 2
  7. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

Really? OK that's weird. I have empty (0/6500) from some of the content that I do not have any elite gear for.
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*Bump* How much Renown must one have with the Titans before the Vendor will sell a character the Elite Gear? Right now, I'm only after the Elite Bionic Chest for style purposes, but I'm locked out from getting it until I have enough renown.
  9. Brit Loyal Player

The Renown does not appear when you first collect a Renown. Instead, it appears when you first attempt the Elite Raid. If you go in, fight the first boss, fail and disband, you will find that you have the 0/6500 bar.

I am not sure if it shows up when you first step inside, or if it's once you first engage a boss. I haven't been timing it specifically. But I do know that when I tried an Elite Raid that failed out and disbanded on the first boss, that was how I got a 0/6500 bar.
  10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Max
  11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Cooperative (1000): Head, Hands
    Friendly (2500): Shoulders, Waist
    Favorable (4500): Legs, Feet
    Trusted (6500): Chest, Back

This is true for all elite gear purchased from a vendor starting with Amazon Fury III. Prior to that, elite gear was a loot drop item from elite instances (alerts, raids) subject to RNG.
    • Like x 2
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Thanks. I just need the Elite Bionic Chest, so OF COURSE they make that the one that requires a full 6500 points, but unlike the 3 earliest factions, I can't just walk up to the Faction Vendor and buy Renown Tokens until I get to 6500! What a pain in my backside! >_<
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

IF we only get 200 per boss fight, that's 33 boss battles I'll have to complete to get to 6,500. The Renown Booster will cut that down a bit, but still, kind of ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ekart Committed Player

You get 600 renown per completed elite raid. With renown boost that nets you 750... so you need to run the raids 9 times.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That's doable! Thanks muchly! :)

But don't you earn Renown from the normal versions of the raids? :confused:
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No. Elite rewards only come from elite raids.
    • Like x 1
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

But Renown is Renown. You're supposed to obtain it by running missions for a Faction, that's how it's supposed to work in this game. It's bad enough they stopped having the Faction Vendors sell Renown Tokens in their shops after the Original 3 Factions, but to then remove the Renown from that Faction's regular raids, and to have it only be available in the Elite raids? That's some straight up horse manure. :mad:
  18. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Part of me thinks that at some point the renown tokens should just become available for purchase from the DLC vendor... but it would be only after you are, say, 30+ CR levels above the max CR coming out of that DLC. You certainly should not be able to purchase it while you are in CR relevance... or even just recently above it. Another part of me keeps thinking... "If you're that far above the level of this elite raid, you should be able to get some friends together and smoke it 11 times and finish your renown." The reason people don't just smoke it when they're so much higher? They never learned the mechanics because they got caught up in the gravity of getting to end game quickly, they think that because they're so high that mechanics don't apply to them any more, or just simply that it's been so long since they've run it that they forgot about it.
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Elite gear in the past episodes pre AF3 were random drops in elite content. No one liked this method of obtaining elite gear because you could run a whole elite raid and not get anything out of it . So for AF3 and onward the devs created a new renown system where you earn episode specific renown to obtain the elite gear you want.

There was no renown in the regular raids, this system only applied to elite content. Nothing was removed.
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'm comparing it directly to OLDER content... like the game's ORIGINAL Faction missions, for instance. When there's Faction Renown awarded for missions, EVERY mission run for that Faction should reward Renown. That's my 2 cents, For Whatever It's Worth.