Up-Votes Needed Renown Booster not 25% exactly?

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by TCoil, Jan 16, 2023.

1. TCoil New Player

Hello,
    I was running some of the anniversary content for the commendations that give 650 renown points per commendation. Had a lot of old episodes i still needed renown on so decided to farm it. Since the commendations are 650 you should be able to get full renown on any episode with 8 total commendations and the renown booster of 25% active:

650 * 8 = 5200
    5200 * .25(25% renown boost) = 1300
    5200 + 1300 = 6500 (max renown amount)

But after using the renown booster and 8 commendations for a renown that i had 0 points originally in, it did not max it out to 6500 like it should have and is instead a few point shy of 6500 in multiple instances:

[IMG]
    [IMG]

The above shows 4 instances of renown that i had 0 points in originally, used 8 commendations and a 25% renown booster on, and the values not being accurate to what the math breakdown should be.

This has lead me to believe that either the 650 renown on each commendations isn't actually 650 like it says it is OR that the marketplace item Renown Booster that says 25% boost is not actually 25%. This seems like a bug to me and potentially a rather large bug if its the marketplace item that is the issue.
    • Like x 5
  2. BMyst Active Player

Each box gives 812 renown with a booster. While the exact amount is 812.5 and I think it should round up, unfortunately it does not, the .5 drops. For better or worse, it's always been like this.
    • Like x 5
  3. TCoil New Player

Ah i see so the round down per box results in the loss. Thats unfortunate but thanks!

This still does technically mean that the renown booster isn't giving 25% like its saying it does. The rounding down is a loss that should be solvable.
    • Like x 4
  4. Big-Daddy_Serius New Player

Why would you buy renowned booster from the market place just buy from dr fate and save your money
  5. Limey Committed Player

Why criticize someone for spending their own money however they want? Not everyone is as poor as you.
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

How do you know his income?
  7. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Lol. Gotta like the dcuo math of rounding down. Take the 50 point renown, times it and get 62.5 and that equals 62. But I suppose if you didn’t care about renown or eleet gear then you have nothing to worry about.
    • Like x 1
  8. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

Has nothing to do with that at all. It's just simple logic. Why would u waste money on that when u can get it from fate? U can use the money on something else.

But all fairness I'm sure the other person missed the point
  9. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

U do know that wasn't the point. Read the post again. Yes person may say Marketplace item but the person was saying about the renown percentage. Never implied getting it from there
    • Like x 1
  10. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

11. Limey Committed Player

Here's some simply logic for you: the rationale and logic behind someone's personal choices is entirely subjective. They aren't you, stop acting like your personal perspective or opinion is objective fact.

People can spend their money and resources how they want. It's not your place to tell them they're wrong or stupid for it.

Stop trying to create drama just because you're bored, then trying to justify it as if there's any actual justification for telling someone what to do with their own money or ingame resources.
    • Like x 2
  12. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

13. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

Not starting drama at all. The whole thing has gone from the OG post saying about the percentage boost of the renown to someone else (big daddySerius) saying why would u buy the renown boost when fate has it. That person has completely misread the point of the post and take that bit out of it. Has a valid point cause noone would buy it from the marketplace when it's now available by Dr fate but completely irrelevant to the OG post. In the end, it's that person who has wasted money when I can get it for in game currency now.
    And Ur the one who started the drama by criticizing another person's comment. When u could have simply ignored it
  14. TCoil New Player

Looks like this post has been turning from the original topic. I will say i did buy the renown boosters off the marketplace before they were ever on the DR. Fate vendor and have been holding onto them until i needed them. Yes you can buy them from Dr. Fate now but the point of the post is to show that they are not working as intended due to a rounding error that should be easily fixable. If possible please continue to upvote the original post so we have a chance at a dev seeing this and it possibly getting fixed.
  15. Limey Committed Player

It's not broken though, it's rounding down on decimals by design. It only looks broken when you look at the sum value of the 8 renown commendations combined, but you have to look at it as +25% for each individual one, then rouding each of those down.
  16. Limey Committed Player

Abetting someone starting drama makes you culpable. Defending someones right to spend their money and resources how they want isn't dramatic, telling someone what they should or shouldn't do, or putting someone down for their decisions is toxic and dramatic. Don't side with the toxic crusader. Logic/rationale or efficiency is subjective.
  17. TCoil New Player

Ok rounding down by design, not broken, still not a great thing to be "as designed" when it results in a loss. Calculating for a decimal point value can't be that difficult or even rounding up to prevent loss would be a better design decision in my opinion. In the end this isn't something that will ever be fixed/changed anyway since they have bigger issues to resolve. Just wanted to post about it to get/put the info out there.
  18. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

Not defending him. But he still had a point. And TCoil has answered it by saying he got them on marketplace BEFORE it became on Dr fate. Now, did that person who said that know that? No cause TCoil has only just said so. But yes, the post has turned into something different cause of that person who said it. But Ur point, there saying telling someone what they should or shouldn't do is hardly toxic especially for the right reasons. If a family member was about to con himself spending money and u saw it in time, would u not say anything? U would.