Remove AM/WM From PVP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by CaptainPoptart, Jul 4, 2015.

1. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Remove AM/WM from pvp it will help fights last longer and make fights more interesting AM/WM is just spoiling pvp IMO.
    • Like x 12
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Lol yeah right you will get that when Wm and Am get remove from game which is never going too happen
  3. Ghostof91 New Player

Agree, Pvp would be so much better without those two trolls.
    • Like x 4
  4. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Do legends pvp
    • Like x 2
  5. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I wouldn't cross it off the list, that may be one of those things Mepps mentioned taking weeks or months of work to and happen.

We really have no idea what all that entails except that there are more changes coming and most will probably be as popular as the first.

While the pvp purists hated this first change and I have no doubt there will be enough rage to go around once the tinkering with pvp gets done.
  6. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I remember the days when it took skill to take down opponents in arenas, you had to watch their moves, cycles, combat technique in order to find a weakness. Matches took longer, especially the 1v1s and 2v2s. Now it just isn't fun because people can kill me in 2 hits and over.

All powers were considerably more in line too.

I also think the removal of role specific PvP gear, hurt PvP.
    • Like x 4
  7. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

When are they going to realize before they brought AM/WM into pvp they only had like problems they needed to fix but ever since they brought that unneeded idea into this game it just screwed up pvp i mean it was a decent idea for pve but both of these ideas just screwed up pvp. Remember when duels would last at least 20 seconds or more or when it will take the whole time limit in batcave to win the match, now duels are at least 5 seconds and it takes only like 2-3 mins to win a bat cave match. USPC/EUPC both are already dead let them keep ignoring the players soon their would not be players even playing this game because i`m pretty sure their are other games out their with developers that listens and actually respond and try to interact with the community and takes their advice... (All these great pvpers been trying to help you guys for soo long!!!!! but you guys just kept ignoring them but trust me you guys will regret this in the future you guys are killing this game...)
    • Like x 4
  8. IceRaider Dedicated Player

This should be in pvp section however I agree ^_^
  9. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Yeh didn`t mean to create this thread in here xD
  10. IceRaider Dedicated Player

No harm no foul lol
  11. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Wm/AM was the worst thing to happen for pvp. Range Wm hits ffing hard and have all these aholes flying up high and just spamming WM.....
    • Like x 7
  12. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Yup and they need to remove them before its too late
    • Like x 2
  13. Zezimar Committed Player

I wish this happened when whoever from the dev team brought WM/AM ideas on the table.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  14. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Everyone has either an AM or WM rotation embedded into their playstyle (PvE or PvP). So removing it from PvP doesn't really make any sense, and would probably also involve much more work, versus just doing a damage cap on the AM/WM numbers.
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Except certain AM's aren't even designed with PvP in mind. Quantum is an excellent example of this. There's no way to get a fully charged time bomb off safely, even with counter immunity. Then on the other hand something like ice can easily get it's AM off.
    • Like x 5
  16. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

+100 OP

AM has no place in PVP. Period.

WM seems to take a backseat now to some regular weapon combos (not gonna list them but they hit really hard and u can clip with powers)
  17. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Don't really know too much about powersets in DCUO. Really only know like Sorcery, HL, Earth, Ice. A bit of Gadgets and Mental.

Hm, isn't Munitions kinda not suited to Pvp as well? Don't think I've seen one Munitions user since I got back to Arenas (only a few days ago though). So yeah, certainly some powersets are at a disadvantage Pvp wise.

Just think that as a priority, its better and quicker to do the damage cap. Also, the RPS system. Just boring seeing nothing but DPS. Really no fun at all. Better to put in a priority fix for Pvp as soon as possible. Then a future update for powersets lacking in Pvp. Can't expect the dev team to put everything in at the same time, what with their monthly episode schedule.

Of course, ideally, they should just turn it off, to be fair to all powersets.
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Faster? Undoubtedly. Better? Questionable. Remember that they'd need to balance out the AM then with how much burst damage a power can do without it, and balance the burst and sustained damage every power can do as well if they were to have a damage cap, if not the AM can still be the best way to deal damage, which puts the less PvP oriented AM's at a huge disadvantage. Or they cap the damage at the lowest common denominator, which would make loadouts less important, which would put powers such as HL that rely on a lot of fast clipping with smaller hits at even more of an advantage.
    • Like x 3
  19. Yallander Loyal Player

The issue with AM and WM has more to do with damage than anything. Rather than removing them entirely I think they should balance damage. WM for instance should be just another weapon combo option with the reward being the reduced power cost to the subsequent power used.

Likewise AMs damage modifiers should be balanced for PVP in arenas. NO attack or power should take over 1/3 of a players health off.

In short, keep them, but remove the ridiculous damage they do.
    • Like x 3
  20. loupblanc Dedicated Player

True. Wrong to say ideally, the AMs/WMs should be turned off. Ideally, all powersets should have some semblance of balance, both PvE and PvP wise.

Just occurred to me, that if you turn off AMs/WMs in PvP, then people would start complaining and calling for AMs/WMs to come back because its fun to use the combos. Then, there would be a mess again.