Reduce Lag And Increase Game Performance

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Aiden Warren, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Aiden Warren New Player

Just to let you know here, this might not work. Just what I will say here, is just the same info being given on majority of sites by people. But then again, it doesnt work for everyone's computer.
    But I can confirm to you it does work for me :)

One way is if you lag often, or start when you first start to play the game, you can press ESC go to settings, and set your graphic setting all to medium, and try resolution to 1024x768 or 800x600, an this should reduce the lag and make the gameplay for smooth. The lower the resolution the more fps it improves. This I can confirm works for me.

another way is GameBooster, but not useful on high-end gaming PC"s. but this might help if you using just a basic PC that can play run games.

another way is for windows 7, is to go to Start, type in msconfig, when in there go to Boot tab, click Advanced options. You will see "Number Processors" and set it 2,3,4,or 8, of how many processors your PC has.
    then go to Services Tab and click Hide all Mocrosoft services at the bottom. and you will want to uncheck any programs you just dont use at all. that you know of.

doing this will help your pc run at better speed using more processor and less runnning programs.
    but will say, might not work, but seeing this is posted everywhere on sites.

Laptops I've Had that Games Can Run Smoothly on Using 1024x786 and lower.
    HP Pavilion DV7: Dual Core, 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD 3200 1918 GB Video Memory. Windows Vista
    Game: Left 4 Dead

DC Universe Online runs smoothy and well on
    HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop: Dual Core, 4 GB Ram, AMD A4-3305M APU With Radeon HD Graphics
    AMD Radeon HD 6480G

No game lag, performance is well
    • Like x 2
  2. ZeroMadnes New Player

LOVE RAZER GAME BOOSTER!!!! That alone helps out so much.
    get it here http://goo.gl/V6hSgx

adds 20 fps on my girlfriends laptop. That is a LOT!
  3. mamtha New Player

Thanks for giving information.It's very useful tips for beginners.When i had a ping problem while playing online game,i followed your tips.After that i checked my ping rate whether it's low or high using Whoisxy.com I got good results.
  4. jimdove New Player

Using SweetFX for the shaders improves the quality of the colours and lighting no end, google it , guru3d have a HUGE forum all about it with the download links, its a great tool that every PC gamer should be using to improve all games. Ive played on the test server without sweetfx settings and the game looks worse than what im looking at right now with the old style game with sweetfx on (there is a very good DCO profile for SweetFX online too)

Its totally legal software and it does no affect gameplay at all or get you banned. All it does is make the game look incredible. The game looks so washed out when i disable it now lol
  5. PhaRaoh555 New Player

hi i have laptop HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop: Dual Core, 4 GB Ram, AMD A4-3305M APU With Radeon HD Graphics
    AMD Radeon HD 6480G
    but i have freezing problem can u help me pls
  6. Helderman Dedicated Player

Thank you very much. I followed your tips and my lag was reduced to zero.
  7. KidVicious93 Well-Known Player

this video helped me reduce the micro stuttering as well as changing the vsync settings on nvidia control panel to adaptive.