recycling old maps?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FrankZappa, Aug 24, 2021.

1. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

can you devs maybe stop recycling old maps? played some T8 stuff and noticed that we are fighting manbat in the 2v2 batcave map, also went through the very first vill level for circe vills, the lvl 8 dungeon where you fight doctor fate. I am seeing arkham asylum being recycled and you guys are reusing old characters. did you guys run out of ideas? the olympus maps were probably among the best and most original but now we are getting old maps and old characters recycled? I am guessing you guys must be having trouble releasing content so you just mash together a bunch of old stuff increase the difficulty and pretend it is something new.
    • Like x 1
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

They do it just to irritate you, personally, obviously. Certainly doesn't have anything to do with the process of having a reason to go to particular new maps, the concepting of the artwork, the approvals from WB, and the 3D creation of the maps taking a considerable amount of time, especially when some of the older content was pushed out on a monthly basis. Nope. Nosiree. Occasionally using some assets is totally for your sake.

Have you seen the new hub, BTW?
    • Like x 10
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

When comics stop reusing cities, the Devs will too lol But really, they split the work. One episode will have a lot of reused areas, because honestly it fits the narrative, but when they do they create New areas but them reusing in one Episode, gave them the time to create something new.
    • Like x 4
  4. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Ideally, they’d do fresh new maps each episode instead of recycling things… But the reality is, it’s a small team for a free-to-play game. Recycling maps is one of their ways to save time for their level designers.

But I feel you… it’s nice when they do something brand new. When I first went to Atlantis, I was blown away by how gorgeous it was.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

My biggest issue isn't the reuse of maps, it's logical that we would return again and again to some of the most important locales in the DC Universe.

My problem is with the STUPIDLY LOW FLIGHT CEILING in newer content! Even when we're returning to Gotham or Metropolis, areas that normally have a very high Flight Ceiling, letting you reach the very tippy-top of the tallest skyscraper in the city, in newer content, you can't fly or climb higher than a certain "floor" on the skyscrapers, and it's supremely annoying! :mad:
    • Like x 1
  6. Critical Massacre Committed Player

If you want new content every 3 months then this is the only reasonable way to get it done in the time frame. The glory days of teen titans and Atlantis are long gone. Hopefully with them working out of Texas they are back to full strength and content can start being more original again. I think after this new release, we are going to see some really great original content again.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If they didn't reuse maps then all the ones we have would be one and done. For example, using your Batcave reference above, we would never be able to go back to the Batcave for anything because it would have already been used. Reusing assets in games is normal. If a story calls for us to go to the Batcave or Themyscira or wherever would you expect them to build a brand new version each time when there's a perfectly good map already there?
    • Like x 2
  8. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Give it a rest. The devs have been working pretty hard on DLC/episode 41 and everything associated with it.
    • Like x 3
  9. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

the devs need to work on fixing the game
  10. Xpung3d New Player

By fixing the game I assume we are back on putting money and time into PvP again?
    • Like x 1
  11. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

That is exactly what this DLC is. Fixing the game. It may not be perfect but at least they are trying.
    • Like x 1
  12. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

sorry but the dlc is nothing about fixing the game. there are more glitches now because of the new update. they have even more to fix now than they had before.
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I haven't noticed any new glitches, bugs, etc or heard anyone mention any. Most of the important stuff ha been fixed.
  14. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

all i heard in the HOD yesterday was everyone complaining about all the new glitches and bugs