Recommendations for PS4 keyboard?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NoPhilosophy, Sep 18, 2016.

1. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

I'm not really a mic person, but I do like typing a lot to help people, but it's hard when it takes me 10minutes to type a sentence.

I've never used a keyboard on a console before so Im assuming I get a keyboard and a USB to plug into the ps4?

Thanks for the help.
  2. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Yep. Nearly every USB keyboard is plug n' play with the PS4. It's up to the software itself if it's going to utilize the keyboard with games, however. DCUO on PS3 was limited to text and basic functions, like pressing T to chance role stance, etc, but on the PS4, DCUO supports the keyboard for all gameplay elements, allowing you to control your character's blocking, attacks and movement. I haven't tried it with a mouse, yet, since that seems totally backward, but wouldn't be surprised if it worked. I wonder, if it does work, if it also bypasses the terribly slow camera turning speed that consoles are restricted to. (That was one thing Jens said he wanted to have changed, but probaly ain't going to happen now)
    • Like x 1
  3. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Oh I forgot about that. I don't want to use the keyboard for gameplay, only typing, will that be possible?
  4. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Yep. You press enter on the keyboard to immediately switch to the chatbox and can then begin entering text. It's a hell of a lot faster than using the PS3 and PS4's back asswards counter-intuitive OS text entry popup boxes. Several games support keyboards for text chat, including Warframe, War Thunder, Final Fantasy 14, The Elder Scrolls online (finally), Defiance (PS3), Onigiri (ew), and a few others. On the OS side of things, the keyboard will let you navigate around the home screen (PS3 and PS4), and it's fully supported by the built in web broswers on both as well. (Typing this from the PS4's browser right now)
  5. megamanzero Loyal Player

if you play at night with the lights off you might wanna get a keyboard w/ lightup buttons