Recent activity

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Jun 11, 2021.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I'm usually the first one to deny this. But lately I've noticed the game doesnt seem very populated. Its just an eye test. I usually deny this because the game always seemed populated well to me. But even me i cant deny right now when i go to places like the WT or hot spots like little bohemia where all the cosplayers hang out.... Its a ghost town. There are players here yeah but its not nearly what im used to. And this is on US PC Ps servers.

I really am not being negative. More concerned. I've seen dips here and there when a dlc is towards the end but never like this. There's still usually people hanging out around areas.

Is it me? I still see a lot of new players just starting. Ive been helping a few. But i dont know..
  2. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

It could be that the new phase feature is doing what happened back in Deluge and creating a bunch of empty phases. That was crazy!:D
    • Like x 1
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

It's Summer time... It's always like this for a month or so.

It's the same in December when the holidays start.
    • Like x 3
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You may have noticed that.....

A) In many places..... lockdown restrictions have been lifted or at the very least eased up a bit. Heck here we had a curfew just a few weeks ago.
    So after being in lockdown and having a curfew for many months.... can you really blame it if people decided to go spend some time outside as opposed to playing video games??
    We also saw a drop to Youtube traffic for what I would think is the same reason.

B) Summer is here.
    Again.... after the past year.... do you blame people for going outside and enjoy Summer a bit?

Usually people stick around until July 4th..... but this year... they went to play outside a bit earlier then usual.
    Again..... after the past year..... can you really blame them? ;)
    • Like x 4
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Ive been here for 9 years and ive never seen it dip this much.
    • Like x 1
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Im aware of this. Winky faces aside. Could be. Could not be. I don't know. I'm just saying in the 9 years ive been here. I've never seen so little players in the usual spots. So maybe it is covid related. Maybe not. Is there a dip in overall players in all games? Viewership on twitch? Idk.
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

It's just how it is right here, right now, from your perception. EU Villains is booming for me - queues popping quickly - while Hero side is quiet (I play on both sides). I had to wait 15 minutes to get a pair-up for the Stabiliser Duo Hero-side o_O.

If I were completely sure about how things should be, and be able to consistently and accurately identify deviations from that, I'd win the Lottery every day.
    • Like x 1
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

true, but we've never had an enforced pandemic lockdown before. you can't compare the events of the past year or so with any previous years.
    • Like x 3
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Larger population then overall, and no pandemic in those days.
    • Like x 2
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I guess. Only makes sense if all player counts across all games has dipped. Still slightly concerning
  11. myandria Item Storage

Don't be too concerned; once people catch up with their postponed outdoor/vacation/large gathering plans they will huddle around the cosy internet once again. I've already seen frustrations people are having with each other just waiting in line at the grocery/club stores.
    • Like x 1
  12. Shalayah Committed Player

Around late May-Septemberish is when I typically stop playing DCUO and go outside, travel and enjoy life. Been like that since I started playing DCUO. I’m pretty sure that’s the case for most other players.
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yeah no i get that. Im saying the dip that usually happens looks much more drastic.
  14. Shalayah Committed Player

Well there was a pandemic the last year. People want to get out more. There’s nothing wrong with that. They’ll eventually return.
    • Like x 1
  15. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Again. I get that. I said as much earlier in the thread . If player pop is down across gaming in general. Sure. Then it makes sense. If its booming still and dc is dropping. Then no.
  16. PHNTM Well-Known Player

From what I've seen on Xbox, it's the most recent episode that has turned people away from the game. Once everyone farmed their renown within the first few days, there is nothing else to bother with during the episode. Getting the feats is nice and all but they mean nothing to your character, even the base mods barely make a difference.