ReCAPTCHA Authentication

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vesper, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper Dedicated Player

So for 6+ years we never had to fool with this to log into these forums. We put in our account name, our password, BOOM....ready to participate.

Then about 6 months ago, ReCAPTCHA shows up on the log-in screen. The first time it made us look at one of the spirally word-soup puzzles to find & type the word. Okay. Fine. After that, every log in the past 6 months has been account name, password, click the ReCAPTCHA box, BOOM, ready to participate.

AND now......

About 3 days ago, ReCAPTCHA put up stupid grid pictures with a PUZZLE. "Pick all the boxes with a road sign" or "Pick all the boxes with a road" or "Pick all the boxes with a car". These ReCAPTCHA puzzles are TERRIBLE.

The one I got just now was a picture of a large red road sign with a ton of green trees around it and the top edge of a price-per-gallon sign for a gas station. Picture was cut up by a grid into 12 boxes. "Pick all the boxes with a road sign". I click the 3 boxes with the red road sign. It will not authenticate. I notice the top tippy corner of the road sign is in a 4th box. Click that, will not authenticate. "That's a gas sign, on private property. It's NOT a road sign." I click the 2 squares with the gas sign.....sure enough, it authenticates.

Yesterday, it took me 4 puzzles to click enough cars from the tiny itty-bitty pics to authenticate a login. The pics are smaller than the size of a nickel on my screen, and I CANNOT make them bigger!!!!

Seriously, if ReCAPTCHA is that important (I personally don't think it is, but I'm not the business decision maker here) get them to either go back to the check-mark box or the spiral-word soup. These picture puzzles are HORRID.
    • Like x 3
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Sometimes, it doesn't even bring up the grid, just click the box and it becomes the green tick, and it fails, three times in a row (the grid has been around for months)
    Lots of sites use it for verification of non-botitude

Butt yeah, when it comes to the signs, you have to select every box that even has a sliver of the sign in it (and don't get caught up in what qualifies as a particular type of sign), sometimes you have to keep clicking until there are no more of whatever it's asking for (they automagically refresh) and then click the [Submit] button (or whatever the button is called)
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

My problem is that since I go to a lot of sites that require this, Google has flagged me as "suspicious" and makes me do the full on ReCaptcha EVERY TIME I USE ONE. It's seriously annoying.
    • Like x 3
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

I couldn't help but letting out the most evil giggle reading this lol
    • Like x 4
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The pictures have been used since Daybreak started using the ReCaptcha. There are a thread or two about the fuzzy out of focus pictures the captcha uses. I made a comment on one thread about the pictures looking like they were taken with one of these

[IMG] 1980's 110 film & camera.................LOL
  6. Vesper Dedicated Player

5 screens of ReCAPTCHA to log in just now.

*5* screens.

"Pick all of the boxes with a bus". OMG......you can't even tell! The pictures are so tiny, so fuzzy, SOOOOO OUT OF FOCUS. And seriously, I do NOT know why they consider an SUV a "bus".

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Try it being on a phone. Logs me out every time I lock my phone.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The ones I hate (and not just here...the validation is the same crappy pics everywhere) are where it asks you to click on boxes with signs or cars or whatever, and 98% of the sign or car is in 1 or 2 squares, and there is a sliver in the square above or below the main ones. I click on these because I'm assuming even a sliver counts, but end up having to get another one, hoping it's more cut and dry. Annoying. The squiggly line word/letters was validation enough. I'm fine with upping security at a bank or somewhere my personal info is at risk, but this is a forum site for a video game....it's not the pentagon.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

Hmm..
    I only have gotten the "check here" captcha.

I guess even login is RNG based. Lol
    • Like x 4
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

11. Eve YouTuber

I didn't have any issues with it so far.
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I only get logged out if I switch from mobile network to WiFi, or if I go from LTE to 3G and under. Even then I rarely get the pic authentications on my phone. I mainly get them on my laptop....
    • Like x 1
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

Note to self: Don’t let Vesper go in the puzzle room in Spindrift...
    • Like x 4
  14. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i got opera as a browser it saves you logging in unless you log out.

Trust me i get tired of the darn thing to
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I never have trouble with this thing because I can tell if there's a car in the picture just by looking at it.
    • Like x 5
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

You don’t listen for the car horn when you touch the square?
    • Like x 2
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

... What car horn? o_O
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I come here like 10 times a day... and have no idea what you guys are even complaining about.

All it ask me is to check a box saying "I am not a Robot".

Takes me 0,0153 second to check the box..... and I Log-In no problem.

So..... what the what?? :confused:
    • Like x 2
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Only when it plays "La Coucaracha". ;)
    • Like x 3
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

I’d figure Magneto would definitely set off the robot detector...
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.