Really want a Cosmic Material!

Discussion in 'Metropolis Exchange (Trading)' started by Kanmaru, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Kanmaru Well-Known Player

Is anyone willing to trade me for one?

I’m willing to trade 6 materials for 1 cosmic material.

(1) Mechanized Material
    (2) Sparking Material
    (3) Mystical Material
    (4) Scorching Material
    (5) Glowing Material
    (6) Yellow Forcefield Material

Please let me know if you are interested if you have a Comic Material you are willing to trade!
  2. Razzbuu Well-Known Player

Cosmic price nowadays usually between 300-600mil
    the stuff u putting is not a fair offer
  3. Kanmaru Well-Known Player

Wow that’s extremely overpowered. Who made that the price threshold?
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's best to research the price of something before you list the items you're willing to trade
  5. Kanmaru Well-Known Player

Isn’t that a bit hard to do since players can sell items for whatever price they want? It’s not like the grand exchange in runescape where items actually have a legitimate selling and buying price. Thats why the broker is so messed up to begin with. Anyway, if someone wanted to they could sell it for 10-20mill, why? Because that’s just how this game is. People saying it’s 300mill doesn’t mean it’s the actual price for the item. We make our own prices after all. I’m sure it being rare has a very great amount to why people want to sell it at suck a high price but I’m trying to trade materials that could be worth something down the road like the cosmic material is now. I do see where you are trying give good advice though.
  6. Reinheld Committed Player

Most people selling high ticket (or presumably high ticket items) know their value. While you could get a kindly benefactor who will sell you a cosmic for 10Mil (might as well say $1), they likely know it's avg price is around 400-500Mil. If you'd like any serious responses you could just go into game and look at the broker or ask in trade chat as to it's value....or look here in the forums. I doubt you will find any recent cosmics for sale under 200Mil and at that price you should snatch it up.

And yes, the community sets the value and yes...it's done without any real gauge. I could try and sell the 'philosophers stone' collection for 500million, but it won't sell because there are others out there in the broker at 100Mil and it's a generally known fact that the big ticket collection item in a TC goes around 100 Million while that TC is current.

You are right though....sit on those mats and in a year or so they might trade for a cosmic...there is no telling what they will be worth once they fall off the broker and active trade chat. I wish you luck though.

Reinheld
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

You need alot of ingame money or real money to get one at this point.
    • Like x 1
  8. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

Honestly I have a cosmic material. I traded two Negative Speed Force materials for it. Although it is a cool material, at this point it's not really worth it because of the high price tag and the fact that there are some many different and cool looking materials in the game currently.

Unless your willing to spend real money opening capsules and selling those items on the broker until you've raised 300mill, I suggest you just force yourself to move on. The material is just too rare at this point. I'm sure DCUO will come out with another material later on in life that you will like just as much.
    • Like x 1
  9. powerwoman274 Active Player

The cosmic material is the rarest one in the game and is worth a lot and you don't see many people with the material i had one but i gave it to my friend she gave me 400mil for it but she just wanted it so bad :D and yes the lowest price would be about 300mil
  10. Yvtq8K3n Well-Known Player

Bro, i literaly have no materials and i live fine. Do i cry everyday for thoose feats? Yeah, ;_; but lifes moves on, no matter how much materials, you hyou only use 2 or 3. So do yourself a favor grab the cheap ones you like and be happy;D
  11. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

I used to think like you did when I first started trading in this game. I was that guy trying to trade a Blue Smoke Aura for a Black Smoke when it first came out (Blue Smoke was worth about 5-10 million). People told me it was unfair because the Black Smoke was worth 100 mill at the time, but I was like "why"? It's the same aura, just a different color so they must be of similar value, right? Wrong.

While anyone can sell anything for however low they want, you'll find this usually never happens in this game. Most people sell for the maximum or close to the maximum they can possibly get for their items (the most a buyer will pay for that item) usually because they are aware of their value. Now, you'll MAYBE find someone every now and then that will sell something rare significantly lower than its value, in fact, I recently obtained a Black Smoke Aura in this way, but 9 times out of 10 it is because that person either did not know what they really could have sold it for or they were too lazy to check its value in the broker or ask around. But let me emphasize how rare this is, it is very difficult to find situations like this.

You can argue that in-game items aren't worth any specific price because they inherently have no value, but when a rare item gets released and players get a hold of it, they set a price on the broker or trade chat. No matter how high it is, that price is accepted once people buy it (usually because they are desperate for a feat or the style). It becomes a chain-reaction, other sellers who have that same item will find out what those first items sold for, they will try to either sell theirs for the same price or just slightly lower (undercut). The price of that item will go down and down the more sellers get a hold of the item, as they will continue to undercut each other. If you're a buyer, it's best to wait until that process stabilizes, which it usually does, as these items will reach a bare minimum that virtually no one will sell under, this is the point at which this item will be the cheapest. This is the case for rare items that recently released, but as time goes on, of course, the item gets rarer and the price usually increases.

In the case of the Cosmic Material, it was the first material in the game so it's already long stabilized and gotten more expensive. No one sells for under 290 million, but it is hard to find one even for this price. Many players are trying to sell it at 400+. But the key to remember is, the reason it is so expensive, aside from rarity, is that people keep buying the Cosmic at the prices I just mentioned. No matter how high, if people consistently buy something at a price, that usually means that price is in the range of what that item is worth. You might even see those buyers in trade chat, "WTB Cosmic Material 300 Million PST". Unfortunately, sellers are going to sell to guys like that, so your only option is to somehow get enough cash to meet or exceed the minimum value of the Cosmic, or obtain a rare item(s) worth that same amount.

It seems bleak, but you do have different options for obtaining the cash necessary to buy the Cosmic. If you want to know what I think those are, you can send me a PM.