Really hope this is just 1st day adjustments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by smlaude, Jul 26, 2017.

1. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Making the game more fun for all of those in the instance seems like a worthy goal... saying you cant have fun because you cant one shot stuff running content 4 tiers below you, i dunno...
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

So what you're saying the game was broke for 6 years and the last 2 days was the way is was suppose to be? You mean every MMO(including dcuo up until 2 days ago) is broken?
    • Like x 4
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Sure it only works in terms of PvP if you're looking for a direct correlation, but I think it holds true in a more general sense. If someone's outgrown a particular playground, they're more likely to cause problems for the games other kids on the playground are trying to play if they aren't at the very least being conscious of the kids they are trying to play with.

As for the increased time, I have to ask a question I asked earlier: where is the happy medium? Speed feats in content are something of an indicator or guide as to how fast a "fast" run should be at the appropriate tier. In theory anything faster than that is going to be an improvement.

I can understand the frustrations to an extent, but the more I hear the "increased time" complaints the harder it is to not think that some players simply became spoiled by the easy mode that the CR differential created and it becomes difficult to have a whole lot of sympathy.
    • Like x 1
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I can only speak personally on this, but I have trouble seeing how one-shotting stuff is all that fun.

I won't deny that I took advantage of the CR differential and checked out older content that I had missed, but I can't really call the runs all that fun. Being able to get speed feats by myself in spots like Ace Chemicals or the Outer Caverns was nice, but the runs themselves, even on overgeared characters, weren't particularly fun for me.

The closest I had to fun in an older instance was my attempts at the FOS raids solo. With that, it was mainly because my character's CR wasn't quite high enough to one-shot everything and getting past some of the mechanics alone (Broodmother, ugh) took some figuring out. Once I did, though? Very fun and satisfying.

To be fair, it's good to keep in mind that I like throwing myself into situations I theoretically shouldn't be able to handle by myself and saying, "Okay, let's see what happens" and working things out from there, so take my statements as you will. But on the plus side, that tendency allowed me to do things like figure out methods of taking down two of the three Sub Avatars in the South Gotham/Battle for Earth content by myself (without reliance on WM or AMs, mind you :D). Plus I got to the point where I could do so on characters that weren't even CR eligible to receive loot drops for their efforts, so there's that too.
  5. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Did the DEVs expect us to be able to solo one shot all the DOX bosses in a matter of a few seconds of each other? Probably not.
    Would I say that was broken? Yea, broken, group content beatin solo in a much shorter than expected time frame. It was never intended for anyone to solo dox and beat it in total of 3 minutes, and two of those minutes are the load screen and getting to the exit the instance!!!!

I dont have a lot of MMO experience, what I have seen in other MMOs is that when I run stuff as it was intended to be experienced, it almost always results in some form of a level sync for characters that are beyond that content, so you are not able to do stuff like this.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sooner Well-Known Player

Let's put this another way....
    A Softball team is playing in a league. They find out that the other teams have recruited pitchers as ringers that can throw fastballs. That the game is rigged with the other teams being able to strike out anyone (ie. bad guys npcs that one shot 8 at one time). They try and they try. The coach finally gets fed up and recruits players that can hit homeruns off those fastballs (ie. higher crs that can help one shot the one shotters). His team and girls now are competing on a fair level. Each team has their ringers. Problem solved. As long as the devs create scenarios to one-shot whole teams, then I don't see the "problem" with higher CRs one shotting in lower tier missions. It's the same thing. If they one shot, we should be able to one shot.

That being said I understand some like to take hours in a mission, kill everything, peek under the beds, etc., but there are also those players that just want the darn thing done and move on the next item. The medium is working to accomodate both sides. That's not what's being done.

How many times has a little brother or sister went to get their big brother to help with something at the playground/park? That's just the way the world is. There are no safe places or safety zones. There is no utopia.
    • Like x 4
  7. TheDrone Well-Known Player

I was responding to a comment that claimed there's no reason for high-CR people to do low-CR content. I was giving an example of why there might be a reason to. A reason completely out of that high-CR player's control. RNG isn't nice to everyone.
    • Like x 2
  8. Sooner Well-Known Player

I understand Khalon, but I don't think we need a medic for every DPS on the team. I personally think to make the roles more important they should have emphasized the roles more.

For example:
    Healers - have powers that heal others at a greater rate, but on the flip side their dps is lowered because their role is healer.

I think when you are in a role the "role" takes priority over the "damage" aspect. If you are going in a healer then expect to heal more than doing damage, but it seems players are more interested in "I want more healing power, but I want to do the same damage as those that DPS".

Should we get to the point where every alt is equally effective as a tank/healer/troller/dps and there is no difference?
    • Like x 1
  9. TheDrone Well-Known Player

How is a high level player having the ability to overpower low level enemies a compromise? That seems like, oh I don't know...common sense. OMG, Superman needs help...he's fighting that Mugger and....and....and he's losing. What a joke.

And who exactly put you in charge that you can decide what my SP entitles me to?
    • Like x 4
  10. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Not enough damage out? Yes
    To much damage in? Not for me, but for CR-appropriate Healers, yes.
    Everyone else dying? Yes
    Running out of power? Not for me, but for the CR-appropriate Healer/Tank, yes.
    Not understanding a mechanic? Not for me, but since the rest of the group is already dead, perhaps for them.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheDrone Well-Known Player

You (and others) keep using the phrase "had very little problem". I don't doubt that at all. But, the question is, how long did it take? If last week it took 6 minutes and this week, it takes 60 minutes, I don't see how anyone can find that a reasonable use of their time.
    • Like x 2
  12. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I haven't had a chance to run the lower level stuff that I normally do for prestige items, but I can tell you that I may have to start packing my bags if I can't steamroll through old, lower-tiered content anymore. As others have already stated, what's the point of gear progression if you'll never be afforded the opportunity to display how much stronger you've become.
    • Like x 3
  13. ChillCat Loyal Player

I worry about your lack of reading comprehension. I really do.
    • Like x 1
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

You stay taking Ls and then throw insults when you have no argument. Grow my dude
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

It didn't take 60minutes don't exaggerate to create a sense of over sensationalism. It went from about 6 minutes to maybe 12 minutes.

Like I said, find a few high level friends to help you and go blow through the instances, if you're still having trouble then well... go report a specific instance as being inbalanced or just get better ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Honestly i dont think u should be telling anyone to delete their account.
    • Like x 3
  17. Max Dragonard Well-Known Player

But I've been one-shotting mobs 4 tiers below me for 3 years now. I LIKE one-shotting mobs 4 tiers below me. It's WHY I work to get higher CR and SP. So, I can go back and one-shot all those mobs that ticked me off when I was grinding through them to get the gear and the feats.

It's one of my favorite parts of the game--being a g-dam, bada$$ Super Hero--slapping hordes of villains around while pounding my chest and mumbling "take that, you villainous scum" under my breath.

Don't get me wrong, I like the upper tier content--figuring it out, getting the feats, etc.--but it used to be, when I just want to chill, I'd walk into Sunstone Matrix and blast me down some hordes, kick Non, Ursa and Zod's butts--in about 5 minutes--and actually feel like a Super Hero.
    • Like x 1
  18. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I had given up the forum ... For a number of things that made me very upset ...
    But just to make it clear that I was the only one on the test server, complained about this, and I was totally ignored! Even by the players they were testing.
    Until I gave up ...
    I actually gave up a lot on this game ...
    • Like x 1
  19. TheDrone Well-Known Player

First, I didn't say it took you 60 minutes. I asked how long it took and stated that a change of something along the lines of 6 to 60 would be a huge problem. Second, go do Black Dawn and tell me it doesn't take FAR LONGER than before. Not an extra 6 minutes. More like an extra 30 minutes. And don't queue it up with 8 200CR players from your League or the LFG channel. Queue it up with the same method most low-CR players queue...randomly.

Second, "just get better" is just about the most douchey/elitist thing you can tell somebody. It does literally nothing to move your argument forward. Just makes the other person hate or ignore everything else you say. I wonder if you've spent the last few years telling every Electricity player to "just get better" when they pointed out how underpowered they were. And this current "Gorilla DPS" thing. I guess everyone else should "just get better", right?
    • Like x 1
  20. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Very true. However, the situation here is one in which that big kid walks onto the field, and the ump breaks his left arm before he's allowed to play.
    • Like x 2