Really hope this is just 1st day adjustments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by smlaude, Jul 26, 2017.

1. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

The previous code base builds were applicable to you because you had already passed the content and could easily beat any old content with minimal effort.

For new, upcoming players though, the previous code build were a disaster because it failed to provide the full experience of the game by allowing players like you to ruin the game for those new, upcoming players.

Surely you must realize this, and you are just electing to be difficult.
  2. Kelly Cares New Player

I friend of mine and I tested all these raids that people were complaining about and even know it was a pain because we kept getting kicked durning phases we were able to test older raids and if you play right there all doable took a few mins longer but i don't know why people are complaing you can't one shot stuff but you can tell your stronger and more powerful then lower content. If your struggling then your a AM groupie and are not great at the game. But its cool we all can't be good. But in my humble opinion, i feel it's really balanced.
  3. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I don't think the solution to getting high combat rating players into older content HAS to be bringing back god mode or something close to it...

I think simply making the reward worth the time would be good enough.

But look, you guys have to realize that this is a balancing act...Balance has been a big issue in this game for a loooooong time...

There were several lower tiered players and players leveling alts that did not want to be carried through a raid to the point where they couldn't even get through a hallway before the end game DPS was killing the boss and moving on to the next one.

I think there's plenty of things to get on the Devs about. I've gotten on them plenty over the years. Mods on this forum too.

But I think attempting to bring some balance to the game to make leveling players that want to participate happy, but have end game players still feel progression should be applauded......Even if it's not perfect yet....The effort was earnest in nature....Could there be some more tweaking to end game player "strength" ?? Maybe...

Personally, I love it....I'm an old school player and this is the closest the game has felt to how it used to feel in a long time. It's still early though, so maybe there are some more tweaks to be made.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Back to the getting end game players in lower tier content; That has been an issue for a while. I don't think there will ever be tons of top tier players flooding lower content. That's just not going to happen. Most times players go back it's for styles, feats....

If they want a few more top tier players to go back then as I stated earlier, maybe change the reward system....Maybe give you some relevant marks (not the full amount), and/or give players whose CR is past the tier a higher chance to get exos, auras, R&D supplies or something....

If it's going to be more difficult and the Devs want top tier players to go back into old content that don't need styles or feats, then yes...absolutely there needs to be some incentive to doing so where the reward at least has a chance of matching the effort.
  4. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Except 1 shotting stuff did NOT realy ruin the experience of new players. Many new players actually found it cool and ended up actually wanting to play more so they could eventually be able to do the same. The players who felt the 1 shotting ruined their experience were a MINORITY. In fact, it actually helped certain groups that were stuck at certain points. Now those groups that get stuck will just up and quit the game, and the population will continue its descent until there's not enough players to warrant keeping the servers up. Yup. Its asking for the game's death.

By the way, fyi, there's really nothing extreme about 1 shotting things. 1 shotting didnt just start happening with cr differential. It started happening with the debut of OC and its huge stat buffs. That was loooooong before cr differential. By the time t5 came around, most everyone was able to solo stuff like fos 3 within about 10 minutes. Heck, the very best players managed to solo it within 5 minutes back then long before cr differential was even in the devs' minds.

What is extreme is the point at which raids become 1 shottable like that. Fos 3 took around 2 to 3 years originally before it hit that point. If fos 3 went live after cr differential, it would have taken 6 months tops to reach that point. Now, with the revamp, it'll take around 5 years or so minimum for it to be soloable and a further 5 to 10 years to be 1 shottable lol. Game just went from 1 extreme to the other totally skipping over the near perfect balance it had 4 to 5 years ago, as it usually does in relatively recent updates. This is nothing like how old raids were pre update 47. On top of that, newer raids are still gonna be no problem whatsoever. Problems only arise as you go to lower tiers, which is kinda crazy if you think about.
  5. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

And there were also players that did not like not being involved in the instance. There were leveling players that would leave the instance if they queued in with players capable of one shotting content.

A simple search of this forum will illustrate this. There were/are plenty of players who DID NOT like that.
    • Like x 2
  6. ChillCat Loyal Player

Translation: "New players like when I run ahead and one shot everything whether they want it or not. New players don't care about playing the game, they just want free stuff and everything done for them like helpless children that can't do it in their own."

Oy! If you really deep down in your heart believe that, please tell me all your toon names so I can block every single one. That mentality is kind of....creepy.
    • Like x 5
  7. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mepps and all of the devs.

I had pretty much stopped playing anything with groups because the uber-CR players would always ruin it for everyone else. I want to play a game, not follow some OP player as they one-shot bosses.
    • Like x 3
  8. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

You think this exactly because the overall game population, prior to the stat revamp was booming right?

In time, as our stats increase, I have no doubt the early content will return to the point where your wish will once again become reality. For right now, how about just try and enjoy the game where it is more balanced than it has been since its early days. This was a reset, an adjustment, I intend to enjoy it while it lasts.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sooner Well-Known Player

Nope, I have a ton of alts that I still take through them..... so your point here is irrelevant. :p

Not electing to be difficult, just stating my views on it which is contrasting your views on it. So because I don't believe exactly like you, then I'm being difficult and should just shut up? hmmmm..... maybe a safe space is needed right now. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Sooner Well-Known Player

AND there are plenty of players that DID like that. So your point? "Play as I do or leave the game?" That's what it sounds like.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sooner Well-Known Player

Translation: Play exactly as I dictate to you and I'll grace you with my presence". :) Don't worry chill, I can block you on my side so you don't have to play with anyone but "Yes Men".
    • Like x 1
  12. Roocck Committed Player

Everyone at one time road on that same special bus! The problem is that some has to much pride to admit it or has forgotten.
    (Not trying to disrespect here even though some deserves it) I'd rather take a new player with little sp, gear and skills with a little bit of consideration (respect) for others over someone like yourself any day.
  13. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Your comprehension is terrible.

What part of "Balance" don't you understand?

The game had drifted too far in the one shot direction so what they did was reign it in so that you can still feel your character growing stronger, but you also give new players a chance to play with you as well.

It boggles my mind that you really can not understand this simple concept. Sounds like you are the one wanting people to play as you do .
    • Like x 1
  14. ChillCat Loyal Player

Try reading the comment of the player I wad replying to. He's effectively saying he should be able to one shot faceroll whether at-tier players want him to or not because they won't be able to do it on their own. He's literally forcing his way on every lower player, and you're directing this trash comment at me?!? Oof...delete your account before you embarrass yourself further.
    • Like x 2
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Bow to the whims of others? No, not really.

Be respectful of others and how they may want to play? Absolutely.

If someone is by themselves in content and wants to play their own way, more power to them. But if they try to do so in group situations they might want to check themselves because the instant they join a group (even a duo) it stops being all about their own wishes.
  16. Sooner Well-Known Player

Totally agree with you on that Willflynne, but I disagree with concept from whiners over the past year that feel everyone should play as they do in lower tier content.
    • Like x 1
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm not completely sure what you mean in your statement (long day at work lol), so if I misread anything here I apologize, but I've always looked at going into lower tier group content like this:

Start with a playground, and some kids playing kickball. They're having fun with the game when one of the big kids comes along and wants to play.

If the big kid decides to play at his best, more likely than not he's going to ruin the game because he'll always get a home run and the other team (if he's only playing for one side) will never be able to catch up. Plus the other team won't be able to match his abilities on defense. But if the big kid shows consideration and plays more to the level of the other kids, there's a much better chance that everyone will have fun in the game.
    • Like x 3
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That one part I highlighted just jumped out at me. For too long this game has eroded the concept of roles as generally defined in MMOs, and this game specifically. There has been for years, constant threads begging the Devs to make roles matter more. They finally do it, and it gets backlash??? We should all be celebrating that roles matter more now, and that they can do good enough damage to turn the tide on this DPS infestation.

Now as far as content difficulty is concerned, I think everybody needs to take a deep breath and explain in detail what they feel needs to be adjusted, but without vitriol or outrage (not meaning you specifically, just others in general). Give proper feedback without the usual litany of threats ("Change it back or I quit"). The Devs are monitoring everything being said on all channels, as well as watching the data. They will make adjustments accordingly.

Personally I feel they need to give us back a smidge more our strength as we go backwards in content...not to previous levels, because as much as I enjoyed the crap out of soloing Paradox Wave, it was a bit ridiculous to be able to decimate it in just under 2 minutes by myself...but just enough to feel like i've actually progressed with the gear/mods/skill points i've acquired. Finding that right balance will be tricky and it'll take time as they review all the data and feedback. So in the meantime, we need to excersize some patience and give this adjustment period a fair shot. It's only been 2 days and change.
    • Like x 4
  19. Catnip New Player

That argument would only apply to PVP. When you've got lower-tier PVE content suddenly becoming overwhelming to people of the CR listed as 'appropriate' for it, now more than ever, that big kid would be welcomed with open arms. Unfortunately, the big kid is going to find lower-tier content too much a hassle and time consuming for the quality of rewards given because his/her CR is "too high".

Devs have a decision to make. They can either walk back the degree of difficulty for lower content, or have the game provide more appropriate rewards for the (now) increased time it takes to run it.

Unfortunately, lots of people are finding this revamp more trouble than devs are willing to admit, and are looking for a new game to spend their time and money. I'm one of them.
    • Like x 2
  20. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

I wonder if the devs ever feel regret for anything they do?
    • Like x 2