Really hope this is just 1st day adjustments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by smlaude, Jul 26, 2017.

1. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Stats Matter means that Skill Points are now even more important than ever before. And since I still haven't gotten (despite MANY attempts) Talon Lord Chest from Avatar of Meta in FoS2, I do still need something from a low-level raid that I'd really prefer not to do. Maybe somebody will tell me I can find it somewhere else (as a Healer/DPS) and I'll be overjoyed and never go in there again. Please enlighten me. And while you say high-CR players not being in low-CR raids will let them "experience a decent game", it won't be long before you see low-CR players begging for help because there just aren't enough low-CR characters to even enter a raid.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Well, here's some anecdotal evidence for you. I've leveled 5 alts, mostly running raids. I've not one time seen someone say, "this is too easy...bye" or anything even remotely resembling that statement. I've seen hundreds of people leave raids after saying, "we're not gonna get this" or "I've got better things to do that die another dozen times" or "I guess I'm not high enough level for this". Anecdotal, yes. Overwhelming, yes.

When you're doing a T7/T8 raid and you wipe, it's common for someone or half the group to leave. Is that because it's too easy and they're sick of being carried by high-CR players? No. It's because the vast majority of people don't like constant failure.
    • Like x 4
  3. TheDrone Well-Known Player

I still don't understand this claim. How is CR differential a crutch? It's a logical extension of game progression. They could have taken the CR differential and altered the multiplier and it would have the exact same result as the entire Stats Matter change that they've made.

And let's be honest about it. This isn't a typical MMO change. I'd be hard-pressed to name any other MMO in which high-level players with top level gear don't massively outperform low-level players in low-level content. So, if it's a crutch in this game, it's a crutch in EVERY MMO that I'm aware of.
    • Like x 3
  4. TheDrone Well-Known Player

It doesn't. You're absolutely right about that. But, if high-CR players don't queue for FoS/Batcave/etc, it won't be a 5 minute wait for a raid. It'll be an hour wait if you're lucky. And really, I shouldn't be limiting myself to saying Raid. This pertains to Alerts and even Duos, though to a lesser degree. The last alt I leveled, had ridiculous waits for anything from CR30-60. That was about a year ago. There's even less people queing for that content lately. With these changes, the potential participants drops even further. So, those people will not only not have a chance to learn to play correctly in a group, they'll also not be able to get ANYTHING done.
    • Like x 1
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You might want to define what you think is a timely fashion.

In another thread someone posted about how much of a chore it was that FOS 1 would now take 7 minutes for a group to finish with the new update when they could solo it in less time before.

The speed feat is under an hour.

Where's the happy medium?
    • Like x 1
  6. Betrayor New Player

Let me start with this, I am a casual player, I usually play 1 hour per day or so.
    The update made the solo game more enjoyable but made the group content much longer that I have time for.
    Before the update I had time to make all the solo content for my range plus at least two alerts.
    Now I can barely finish one alert in time and it is not fun for me anymore,
    I am cr 196 but I dont have much sp (around 120)since I didnt have much time hunting for them,
    For now I will probably stick to solo content until either I get enough sp or something else changes.
    Overall while I liked some of the changes in the update ultimately it leaves a negative feeling for me.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

You can't do FoS in 5 minutes any more? Oh my!...sorry, sorry but I remember when running the 3 FoS missions back to back was an all day endeavor (getting the dang rock up hill on the 2nd mission was a pain!) The game takes effort again. Oh woe. You actually have to have support classes again? Oh woe. You don't get kicked out of alerts because you refuse to run your specced up healer as dps because the other three players want to get it done in 5 minutes, grab their loot and move on, ignore the strats, depending on smearing their way thru bosses or exploits available to uber dps powers? Gonna have to dust off my troller again, he may just get some action.

In all seriousness, the primary problem people are experiencing is having to CHANGE. The CHANGE is the most difficult part of this revamp, not the revamp itself. People hate changing after playing one way for a couple years. Some people in game never knew what it was like when DCUO first came out years ago. Call me nostalgic, but it's going to be ok. Give it time and adjust. (actually that's more readjust...CR differential and AM's were the actual "adjust" phase.) I know it's become more difficult but maybe the forums will contain fewer "Game is too EASY!" threads now.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sooner Well-Known Player

So, then basically you are saying one person's rights trumps another person's rights? That all must play to the style of one individual? nice....better hope that one individual likes you then. :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Sooner Well-Known Player

Seriously, it's not our jobs to teach others how to play the game.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sooner Well-Known Player

Why not? Wasn't that the whole issue with the whiners over the past year? "We want stats and SPs to matter. We don't want CR to matter." etc. If SPs are the new "stats" that the game is based on, then the more you have the easier time you should have in lower content. That's an easy IF you have X THEN Y should happen. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

You already do have an easier time when you have more stat points and you already do have an easier time when you're a higher CR.

You just need to stop expecting to burn everything in one shot and in one second is that truly that hard for some of you to comprehend?

If you think a particular instance is bugged and hitting extraordinarily hard then there is a thread in the Developers Discussion section of the forum to provide feedback.

Go and be specific there with your feedback.

What is going on here from many players is just irrational whining for the sake of whining because they can't do this anymore.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Sooner Well-Known Player

I'm sorry....you must have missed something. I do COMPREHEND that the new adjustments to the code base make it harder to do lower content for higher level alts. That is not hard to comprehend. I DISAGREE with the premise that if you have worked to get your alt to a certain stage then going back to older and VERY lower content should be hard to "blow through". Is that distinction "hard for some of you to comprehend"?

What we have here is a few people stating their right to play the game their way is more important than other's right to play the game their way. The previous code base builds were applicable to both sides of the table, now the devs are playing to just one side of the table. I doubt that is very hard to comprehend.
    • Like x 2
  13. ChillCat Loyal Player

Is it your right to do cannonballs in the kiddie pool filled with toddlers simply because you have access to it? Lower tier group content is not designed to be one-shot solo'd. The change in the progression curve has slowed your roll to actually make the lower content more relevant to you (not talking about rewards....different debate). You will, at some later point, probably be strong enough to go back and one-shot everything (maybe) unless the Devs come up with something else.

For now, it's not a matter of making you play someone else's way. It's a matter of the Devs level setting the world that was extremely imbalanced and you, and others like you with similar complaints, now appropriately fit within it. You were never meant to be gods this soon. If AM/WM and the cr differential were never introduced, where you are now is where you would have been already with some tweaks. Whine if you must but easy-mode/god-mode is over.
    • Like x 4
  14. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

People will quit if the game is hard.

People will quit if the event takes too long.

People will quit if someone needs a second.

People will quit if someone makes a wrong comment.

We have all seen this.

Why can't you people accept that people will quit if they are carried? Not everyone enjoys not being remotely needed in any lower content they run. I talked a good friend, both in real life as well as in game, into giving DCUO another shot after he lost interest. He did so but he quit again because the content didn't allow him to have fun while he attempted to catch up in CR. The roles in raids didn't matter, everything was one shot, and it just wasn't fun... if he quit, I can only assume others have done the same.
  15. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

You can check some of the websites that have gear locations for the game and see for yourself. If you prefer not to run it, then simply don't. No one is forcing anyone to play lower content. I am sure there are other areas/events/ways that you could improve your toon and not have to go back in there.
  16. Sooner Well-Known Player

Not whining....believe me....I'm not harassing devs to change the game as the whiners have done in the past few years. Per your example, the "kiddie pool" is usually off limits to teens and adults. It is also "unsafe" and can cause serious damage to cannonball into the kiddie pool, which is an insurance risk to the pool company. Now then following your example, then the devs should make any lower content as "off limits". Once you go to a new tier then the following tiers are no longer accessible if we follow your example. Secondly, I don't think Daybreak needs insurance or lawyers in case someone stubs their toes in the lower content if going in as a higher content alt.

Whining? No, but I'd guess from your response you whined and dined alot in the past few years. :)
    • Like x 1
  17. ChillCat Loyal Player

I'm truly glad you gave this response because if we follow the analogy, the Devs have not restricted your access to the kiddie pool. Instead they've made it so that you can play in the adult and kiddie pool (almost) equally and have the same experience as that size pool dictates. In short, the Devs have given you a better solution than what you're proposing.
    • Like x 1
  18. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

loved going into Fatal Exams and just full auto'ing everything when being CR'd in the 180s+. When the weapon blast mod would proc... npcs, u ded bro?
  19. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Not that extreme really. More of a reality of the time.
    • Like x 1
  20. Sooner Well-Known Player

Definitely not proposing it....read my post correctly...not that hard to follow.... I said "based on your logic" this would be the result. I'm all for opening it up for higher ups without stat clamping. :)
    • Like x 1