Really hope this is just 1st day adjustments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by smlaude, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Raptim Well-Known Player

Played my electricity alt 105/109sp just to see what pug is like right now.

Its was alot of fun. Duos were perfect in difficulty and duration. It was another story in gates of tarturus which doesnt give relative gear for my level. A 197cr and i plus 90cr-70cr players. Took the 197cr 25minutes to beat the first boss.

Not a big deal unless your the one standing at the gate for 20 minutes. I don't mind a long raid, but rewards need a revamp imo. Im not spending an hour in a low raid at 200cr just for a couple marks, and people at cr lvl spend most of the time dead.

I dont read much about balance on raid duration. It seems like people want steamroll or long barely rewarded missions. Im liking alot of the changes but this went from one extreme to another.
  2. smlaude Active Player

I have no idea why its so hard to grasp my initial argument. Yeah people are asking for one-shots and I get those retorts, but all I am asking for is for stats to actually matter. Everyone keeps saying, well when myself and my league runs it (with 3 or more at higher CRs) we run it smooth no problem. That's not what I am talking about at all. I am talking about a solo player like myself just trying to PUG old content and finishing in a timely fashion. Let me make a dint in bosses, not one shotting, but actually reward my sp and my overal progression as a player. And please don't say I need a new loadout. The revamp was supposed to give us more options and creativity, not to result in choosing the same layouts as the next guy.
  3. smlaude Active Player

The problem is, higher cr's that have been around the game and know the in's and out's won't run the old content. So you are leaving players that are picking up the game for the first time stranded and frustrated. Your never going to run together, invite to one's league, ask questions, if you never meet in the game. POT isn't really defined well in the game. I learned by running with others that knew how to play the game. Once again... not asking for one shotting... just asking to complete the levels in a timely fashion.
  4. smlaude Active Player

You see where I said I had 262 sps???... where do you think any of that was handed to me? I just simply wanna run the content the game provides without having to form my own group. I just wanna que up and run it. For the 100th time, not asking to blow past everything... just feel like I should be able to get through the raid/alerts from old content.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Where were you when testing was taking place???

If you saw where it was and where it now is you'd probably have a different perspective.

Yes they've given people a lot more options in terms of loadouts but that doesn't mean you can just slap anything you want in there without considering cost and output and then smear your face across the controller and expect to be a beast like you were with am.

My suggestion would be that if you're pugging old content find a few high level friends to run with you and you should be fine.

Again report any abnormalities if you're struggling with 'most' old content then I'm afraid to say it but that's probably a skill issue as much as I don't want to point it out.

Good luck out there ;)
  6. smlaude Active Player

lol ps4 player... so hard to test, no?

Love the assumptions about my gameplay you are making... yup... I am choosing a bunch of buffs and shields and wondering why my damage is terrible..

Also... don't you think its a little odd i have to go out and find high level CR people in order to pug the remainder of the group with 262 sp? Kind of the whole point I am making... but maybe its a skill issue
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Last I checked group content was group content.

If you're going to random queue then expect random. If you want to add an assurance to complete the content then get a few friends.

If you're failing to find friends then I feel sorry for you but that doesn't mean things should be changed to allow you to one shot stuff and ruin it for others.

They've already compromised and allowed us an ability to still over power the content if we're good players and there's more than one of us.

Your sp doesn't give you entitlement to one shot content btw.
    • Like x 3
  8. TheCMS Well-Known Player

WoW allows people to go into old raids and solo. Where is the issue?
    • Like x 1
  9. smlaude Active Player

Alright im done... if you cant understand the difference between one shotting and completing content... then I might as well be yelling at the wall...also cuz apparently pugging and queing up for old content = no friends.... So factual.
    • Like x 3
  10. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Where is the PS4 test server???

Even with a free PC test server you are leaving PS folks out to dry.

I did test but i was using an old laptop from college, and the thing sucks. I would of loved to test on my primary computer but hey that is a Mac Pro and not meant for games.
    • Like x 1
  11. LT Schmitt Committed Player

I feel your pain, what others are missing is the reward for our time is not there so why even run the content? What the end result is going to be is LONG que time for new players that will quite playing and move on to other games.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

What exactly is stopping you from completing content?

Not enough damage out?
    To much damage in?
    Everyone else dying?
    Running out of power?
    Not understanding a mechanic?
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

What rewards do you want?

What Are You in old content for?

Focusing your feedback will help
    • Like x 1
  14. LT Schmitt Committed Player

So you can still solo nexus?? I tried today but could not do it.
  15. LT Schmitt Committed Player

my 3 marks
    I want to walk into FOS3 collect me 3marks and walk out. If thats all I'm going to get than its not worth my time now.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Nexus was never a raid you should be soloing anyway given the intended mechanics in there like the split robots but no me and a friend had very little problem finishing it by ourselves
  17. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I don't get the turnoff that you are experiencing with this update.

"People played this for fun" - well guess what, you can do that even more with this update. Rather than being reduced to one specific rotation where its all or nothing, that you either hit for full max numbers or you hit for peanuts, you can use a couple of powers from your powerset, a couple of Iconic powers and a couple of movement powers and still do meaningful damage.

DPS options have been opened. So you can literally go in with just any combination of powers and still not be left behind. You will not be out-damaged by 3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12.......... times. Just play what you want.

The only change you really need is to be more even more mindful of the boss attacks, since healers cannot power spam through damage like before. But that really really only requires watching out for that skull icon on the boss that signals an oncoming big attack and just getting the f**k out of the way.

Tanks can battle tank now. Trollers can battle troll now. Tuning might be required for battle healers.

So don't be so hung up on not being able to reproduce the big DPS numbers like before, or the healing numbers or the ridiculous amount of power being churned out as a single troller.

So just play however whatever you want. You may not be hitting for max if you don't tune your loadout properly, but you also will not be hitting for peanuts like before. Just log in, whack NPCs and bosses and talk bullsh*t with your leaguemates on voice chat etc.

If you are worried specifically more with being at end-level gear but not being able to destroy older content, if there is a tuning issue, since some older content has likely not been tested and tuned properly, just record that gameplay, upload and then post on the forum. The dev team is already prepared and have opened a thread in the Developer Discussions sub-forum -> GU73: Content - Too Challenging.

So just login, play and chill.
  18. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Just a note to the dev team.

The above response is a direct result of the dev team on not putting out demo streams or livestreams, explaining in clear, concise and precise detailed language the changes, the reasoning for the change and the benefits that GU73 brings to players of all skill levels, gear level, playstyles, or playing-time starved.

The reasoning and benefits for GU73 are sound, but the presentation of it to casual players is way off. No demos? Thats bad.

And how about the new Arcane capsule? Ultimate aura thats almost totally like the Super Saiyan aura from Dragonball? No demo for that?

Thats just down to inadequate apportioning of time to script, craft and record demos. Even though the dev team may be tired out of the Stat Revamp effort, still......
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

No worries man. I get you. I just want people to have an open mind about things. Far too often people resort to the sky is falling instead of trying things out and seeing how it goes.

The beach ball thing is something that I chalk up to just not enough people testing. Look how fast it was discovered on live. with enough testers it would have been reported earlier. This is the first mmo where people have an opportunity to test and have scoffed at the idea because they aren't getting payed and it is 'The Devs' jobs' .
  20. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Hmm. I just said virtually the same thing in another thread (though a bit less calmly). You're absolutely right, a CR-relevancy-window in a system in which CR has literally no function is quite nonsensical at best.
    • Like x 1