RE: Old PvP Styles in STYL Vendor...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Jan 8, 2014.

1. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

That was the reason, why the conversion in this direction was introduced, sure. But if you think, that getting pure style-items, which are just attached to PVP somehow, because they were sold as PVP-gear a while ago, should be PVP-content-exclusive, then it would be a lot fairer, if we had 3 currencies:

PVE, PVP and Turf-fuel.
    Both, PVE and PVP-marks, could then be turned into the third currency to power up turf-boosts, but getting feats from the other side of the game would stay limited to people playing that specific side.

That's absolutely not what I want, but what you should want, if you are consistent in your opinion.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

The thing I'm seeing the problem here is, people thought they wouldn't have to PvP for the styles. The thing people need to realize, it's either this method or putting them on the actual gear itself. Which can get a lot more costly. Just PvP a little a day, or better yet, once a day. If you lose you lose, if you win, you win. It's part of the grind in this game. Don't expect everything to be handed to you. There are some things worth fighting for. Armories was one of them, this is not. They are PvP styles, not PvE. You should have to PvP to get them, that is how the game was before, it is the same now.

And let me tell you all, I _HATE_ PvP, because it is extremely unbalanced and often unfair or one sided. So if I can suck it up and do it, so can you.
    • Like x 6
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

You paid MoT for styles from the war room? When? I've been here forever and I do not remember this.
    • Like x 1
  4. Singlemaltkiller New Player

for Style points only, kinda. It should be cash, or less marks than buying a synthetic mod.
    • Like x 2
  5. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

... or available for PVE-marks aswell, as I now allready posted multiple times.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These styles are old PvP styles, which is why the PvP mark is used. They are not power or limiting progression, just an extra to strive for for those that want them in a way that is not based on luck.
    • Like x 11
  7. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

So they put these styles in a vendor and people still complain about it?
    • Like x 4
  8. chipzes Committed Player

So having to put effort into big feats is a bad thing now? If they just added a 50 point feat "Win 30 PVP Matches in lv89 gear", would you cry too?
    I do like the suggestion to make them obtainable for MoT, though I understand they were meant to be PVP exclusives.
    • Like x 1
  9. aceCase Committed Player

Ugh, this is why we can't have nice things.

We get something great added an people STILL find a way to complain about it. SMH
    • Like x 3
  10. TroEL Dedicated Player

maybe they should just put the styles back in the vault for free...

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  11. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

Um, Ok sounds good, heck of a plan.....
    If you noticed from what I said there should be a MoT for the low end gear (as I said that the high end stuff should still be earned through PvP) But nice rant either way. While you are on the subject of MoT for feats I think there should be a system where if you get a feat on one of your characters you should be able to use marks to purchase that said feat on your alts (who needs or wants to do races, style feats, toyman missions as you mentioned on multiple toons? ya no one (don't even try and say you enjoy those things).

If you want to know my honest oppinion, PvP gear itself is pretty pointless, the game should just run on one gear set, that way there is no reason to have to switch out, re run boring PvP maps over and over and over and over again. It would not only promote doing end game content but would also enhance the game for the majority of the DCUO population (if knowing that what you are doing improves your characters for PvE and PvP). Plus who wouldn't want to Q up a PvP instance while waiting to put together a group and not have to switch gear every time (minus legends). People should only have to worry about having to Mod their main set of gear (or have seperate role sets if wanted). Now if you made it so you had to do the PvP activities to obtain marks that still makes sense.

Closing, saying that one things could be done one way is not saying that all things should as well, thanks for your strong willed oppionion.
  12. Ch3wtobacco New Player

devs are still trying to MAKE everyone play their boring and broken and glitched PVP wether you want to or NOT (pvp in pve)..when I can get into a legends match and be assured its not glitched in some way , Maybe ill pvp a round or 2 but over all PVP in this game is extremely LAME... and has been since launch
    • Like x 1
  13. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

• Like x 2
  14. The Hornet New Player

Right? I was absolutely stoked to see these styles in the vendor. Plus, they're PVP styles. Do PVP to get them. 150 marks is four wins with marks left over as change. Que up for 1v1s and get your grind on. You might even turn into a halfway-decent player in the process. Might.

Please, people, quitchab-----en. This is why we can't have nice things.
    • Like x 2
  15. 478874 Dedicated Player

Good grief, the tears are really flowing in this thread. 150 marks is nothing. Just be happy you can earn them now, instead of it being subject to the blackhole of the vault.
    • Like x 1
  16. Breakforce Loyal Player

This is why we can't have nice things
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

There are feats that require you to PvP and win. People spent weeks or even real money to get their full set. Why should the devs hand it out like candy ?
  18. DarthDiggler New Player

I do believe we were told this would cost cash. Also currently the only people this will really benefit is those already maxed out with their PVP gear now they get more skill points to boot. Not exactly setting the noobs up for balance.
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Skill points in general do not set noons up for balance a new player will have less so than a long time player. That is the nature of the beast. This just seems like a cry for instant gratification. I don't even recall them saying it would be available for cash and even if they did maybe they felt that was too easy internally and used marks instead. It is a test server. Nothing is set in stone until it hits live.
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You may not have heard that this was announced as coming months ago. It's still down the road, but promised.

If you want to know my honest oppinion, PvP gear itself is pretty pointless, the game should just run on one gear set, that way there is no reason to have to switch out, re run boring PvP maps over and over and over and over again.[/quote] First of all, there are plenty of people here just for PvP, who hate PvE, just as there are the reverse, like you.

Then there are people like me, who like both.

Second, the reason they won't do what you suggest is that since new PvE Tier gear keeps coming along, they don't want to maintain as much distance as there currently is between T5 and T1-3, or T4 to T1-2, let alone the idea of having T1s going up against T6-geared players.

There'd just be no contest whatever, far worse than any disparities possible in the current PvP system.

This is why there are two systems. Progression needs to happen separately to avoid destroying one or the other.