RE: Old PvP Styles in STYL Vendor...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I got a few style feats yesterday too! ^.^ but I couldn't find the aero. variant head. Where is that one? Thanks Devs for the option to buy the checkmate and knight styles!
  2. Minnion Devoted Player

I didn't realize this before reading the design notes... It's understandable that a newbie that doesn't visit the forums would be ignorant of how PvP marks are set up.
  3. Minnion Devoted Player

Probably because T1 newbies want them now and think that they are going to have to get them on a budget of 2-4 marks a round.(The whole increasing rewards for getting higher tier PvP stuff probably has something to do with that...)
  4. BumblingB I got better.

It will be in the tier gear, not the style vendor. All "varients" mean that there is gear associated to it. As they did a new season of PvP, they bumped them down a tier. So if you had full Punchline/Vengeance, you can buy the lower tier pieces that are "varients" when you finished Amazo/Red Tornado.
  5. Minnion Devoted Player

Because we now have an influx of PvP newbies that think they will have to get them on a budget of 2-4 MoT a round.(Which would take forever.) Not everyone reads the notes, I know I was thinking that it would probably take forever before I did.

That said any idea if the Sharpshooter set is going to stay in the vault or will that be up for purchase as well?
  6. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I thought this was the case, but when I checked the regular vendor they were not selling the aero. style. I'm at the point were I can buy the newest set, but still haven't seen the aero set. Maybe the next pvp season? Or I could have just been having a blonde moment and missed it? I'll check when I get home from work. ^.^ thanks B!

EDIT: or do you have to finish the newest style before the variants become available?
  7. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

I would argue that since the PVE styles in the War Room (used to cost MOT and Cash) then the PVP styles should cost only cash for consistency. I don't play PVP. Lets be consistent. Either remove the MOV for styles PVP or add back the MOT requirement for styles in the War Room. I know I paid out the nose in MOT for those before the change.
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Personally I found it a little disappointing and annoying that those items could only be purchased with PvP-related Marks, mainly because they are just styles now. Adding in the fact that the Archangel set was able to be purchased by cash but the style now requires PvP Marks does make it a little odd in my eyes.

Nothing I'm going to rage quit or lose my head over, though. I lived without the styles before the update, I can live without them after, even with the feat/skill points that can come with getting those styles.
  9. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

The number of marks you get corresponds to the level of gear you have so for someone like me who just got the cash tier 1 gear you are going to get considerably less than someone who has full tier 5 gear. Especially if you are anything like me and suck at PvP so I think 150 marks of valor is a little steep. I was excited at this because I thought I could finally complete the style feats I needed because honestly as I said I suck at PvP. But can't do anything about it.
  10. Poo New Player

I was a bit put off by the price as well. No offence, but I really do not like PVP. It's just chaos for 10 strait minutes. Sure, some of you actually have skill and play well. Most, just spam every button they have. It is not fun at all IMO.
    • Like x 3
  11. danielqpk New Player

Try getting the 90 gear.... That's a pain.. 1000 valor for one piece has me grinding to the core lol
  12. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I thought I had checkmate informant style complete a long time ago. Awhile back I was browsing through themed/iconic styles etc to finish. I noticed I needed the chest. It wouldnt drop in the vault for me. Tons of benevolent, other informant and operative pieces dropped, never the informant chest. Now...scoreboard. style complete. feat points achieved. booyakasha. Hello bacardi 151.
  13. Mr Sinister Well-Known Player

You cannot be serious. You have no idea how long it would take to get a T3 or T4 PvE set from converting Valor to MoT do you....o_O

MoV is awarded several orders of magnitude less than MoT. The queues may be dead. You may get farmed repeatedly. It would be the equivalent of trying to buy a T5 PvE set by pugging the T5 duos, except in this case the duos can kick your butt and the T5 sets cost 40,000 MoR instead of 400.

The conversion of PvP marks to MoT is only practical for R&D consumable mats
  14. Givens X New Player

They should not be worth Marks of Triumph .. That is a PVE Mark ... These where only ever PVP sets ... besides the stupid "luck"drop in the vault ... Would be very unfair to those who grinded the Checkmate when they came out as PVP gear ...
  15. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Go to the War room. No mark requirement for PVE styles. Consistency is all I ask.
    • Like x 2
  16. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Just buy the pieces last after you get the gear that matters.
    • Like x 1
  17. IvoMnik New Player

We all should be happy that those STYLE tokens didn't went the way of Checkmate Informant/Operative sets . Now that was really asinine , but i guess in the head of someone at SOE , removing 2 styles , associated with a PVP DLC and several FEATs from the Vendor and leaving them to be complete-able only thru sheer chance ( Vault drops) doesn't border on Bait&Switch . Well , newsflash - it does , cos when people BUY , or more actually BOUGHT the Last Laugh DLC , in its description I kinda think that those sets were mentioned . And one thing is availability thru an NPC , completely other is availability thru the moronic drop table of the vault .
    • Like x 1
  18. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Agreed except that for me the problem isn't other players it's just me cuz I suck at PvP and I am the first to admit it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

I don't play PVP. I don't want to play PVP. I am not collecting gear for PVP. Friggin add 150 MOT back to PVE styles in War Room. Then at least it would be fair. These are styles folks. Hell add MOT to skin styles in the Star Labs Vendor in Metro. I hope they keep the drops in the Vault since that is the only way I will collect them.
  20. Breakforce Loyal Player

I just don't see why people feel this big rush. We have at least 6 months (or more if season 1 is any indication), and with no lockouts now, building up Valor marks should be a piece of cake.
    • Like x 3