RE: Old PvP Styles in STYL Vendor...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

I thought Checkmate styles were not introduced in this GU. Are they? Or are you talking about getting that piecfe some other way, vendor aside?
  2. BumblingB I got better.

They were going to come in a later patch, but I guess Crafty Crafter was able to squeech it in during the 8 hour downtime. Hurrah!
  3. RitzyDitzy New Player

I agee at least they are out of the vault now thank u devs!
    • Like x 1
  4. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

Okay your not understanding obviously...they said Nth metal Rator Infiltrator, Aegis of Eternity and Archangel were gonna be cash only these styles cost more than the gear cost. There are no stats THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO E CASH ONLY now can you understand or are you gonna give another after you gear up comment
    • Like x 2
  5. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

because they're styles not gear no stats at all
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

There were a few typos in Mepps' post. You gonna QQ about the fact you can't get PvP gear for the T1 Meta Armor?
  7. Agla New Player

Seasonal styles have no stats as well and you get them with seasonal marks.
    Anyway even in pve, when you complete the highest gear for your roles, the stats of the lower tier iconic gears you are missing are not really relevant and you clearly get them just for styles, yet you do it with pve marks.
    And so would there be any difference if the devs add some random stats on the pvp styles you are missing?
    • Like x 1
  8. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

How about my idea from the Testing feedback forum to make them also available for MoT, since they are styles only anyway and no more armor as quoted?

This would still reward people, who play PVP a lot and get those marks in no time, but also those, who play a hand full of alts and PVE in the first place, who'd just like to have the styles and/or feats.
    • Like x 1
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

Those prices aren't CR86 friendly so you need to grind to 90 to make it easier.
    • Like x 1
  10. cravex15 Dedicated Player

True. I agree.
    Although I am happy that now these styles like Checkmate Operative are now atainable again at vendors.
    That whole "waiting for them to drop in the Vault" was frustrating.
    Especially when I was about to start buying them at the vendor a year ago and then they changed the whole system from Marks of Tactic to Valor.
    Finally I can finish the styles for the feats AND for the styles.
    Its been too long.
  11. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

• Like x 3
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I hope they drop the price thats why I've put off getting them till I get my set of PvP gear.
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

I was expecting like 20-30 a pop but 150 ? I used my 150 and bought the Gunslinger coat instead.
  14. graydogg51 Well-Known Player

I agree. They are styles. They should be purchasable with MoTs as well. I do not PVP so not being able to purchase them when they were tier gear is understandable, but now that they are not they should be accessible to those who couldn't care less about PVP. They could adjust the MoT cost to whatever they feel is an equal grind to getting 150 MoVs and I'd be fine with that.
    • Like x 2
  15. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

Missing my point 150 MoV for 1 piece is absurd thats my point
    • Like x 2
  16. Mr Sinister Well-Known Player

Just add a vendor to buy PvE styles with PvP marks and I'm totally fine with your suggestion. :)
    • Like x 1
  17. akaivy Dedicated Player

Before the update I was trying to collect the 88 (or maybe 89, I'm not at home to check) set and it was 100+ marks, so I'm not sure what the griping is about. Unless you expected to go in and buy all sets of gear right off the bat without working for it...
  18. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

You can convert PVP-marks into MoT, so that feature allready exsists, even if indirectly and not as currency to chose on the vendor. ;)

So people, who do PVP in the first place, can not only buy PVE-gear for their converted PVP-marks (I'm not familiar with the exchange-rate, so no idea how much work it takes to complete a PVE-set with doing PVP only), they also get Merit-tokens for converting them. ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

In what kind of relation? I mean... if it would be 1:1 I could buy 2 pieces for 1 MoR. That wouldn't work. Guess they're keeping them PvP styles.
  20. Joybird Committed Player

The gunslinger coat is available again? Also, is there still at least some pvp set we can buy for cash only? I don't even have one on some of my characters.