"Re-augmenting" Augments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Elusian, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Elusian Crowd Control

Any chance to get a marketplace item that let me extract the XP from an augment to use it on another?

E.g. extracting a Might Runes XP to use it on a Precision Rune. Or for support roles, if I decide to switch a toon from Troll to Tank and so on.

Basically re-modding runes. Like a full recovery set for 1000 SC/MC, etc. pp.
    • Like x 7
  2. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Seconded. 217 from 24 is a pain when I did it.
  3. Vagrant Committed Player

I’m not sure what people’s play habits are like but if you play all your relevant content each day and farm some exhibit materials it’s actually really easy to get an augment up to 217.

The option to swap would be nice I suppose but I don’t really see a huge need for it.
  4. Yaiba Committed Player

Only 7 days if you play everyday, so basically it will take one month to get 4 augments at 24 to max level, not bad for me :p
  5. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

I have no idea where you're getting 7 days. Rank 217 is ~746k xp and Rank 24 is 1681. That's ~745k xp and the highest xp exobyte I've seen is around 5600 xp, which is 133 of the highest xp exobyte. How do I get 19 Pristine MK 11 Exobyte's worth of xp (~106,400) in 1 day. The daily free one is 3300, I see 2 dailies for another 6600. I can get 2 pieces of gear from the alert and the duo so Now I'm at 10k xp and 4 pieces of gear prob each giving me 4-5k'ish so 20k tops from that for a total of around 30k. Is there something huge I'm missing that's supposed to give me another 70k xp a day?
  6. Yaiba Committed Player

I started focusing on my first precision augment (level 24) last Saturday, and right now my augment is sitting at 196. In next 2 days, I'm pretty sure mine will be max level :p.

Did you do another stuff from another episode (start at RwC)? I skip some but my augment is still at 196. And if you have alts, it would be faster (I have one but I didn't take exobytes from him :p).
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Previous dlc content, vault gear, time capsule gear if you run the stabilizer duo every day, you're not locked into just getting exobytes from Titan content. If that's how you do it, then yeah it'll take awhile. Deluge and E3 gear still gives a decent chunk of XP, I'm not sure the exact numbers but it's not much lower than Titans.
    • Like x 1
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

Oh its definately a way to do as I've seen people hardcore farm lower content as well for XP even in our league. So, your way works too, no doubt.

The option to remod via exchange "tokens" is more of a convenience tool for those who a) dont have the time or b) are lazy but wanna spend real money on something they technically earned for one side/role already.

What has to be taken into account is the "abuse" possibility with the 50% extra gain on some xp augments for fitting them in the "correct" slot. That might as well be not a 100% recovery but more like a 75% one. That's where I see the 1000 SC/MC for a full set (4 augments, ignoring the special episode augments) as justified price, imo.
  9. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Just went on test and overshot to 197, which is 429k xp. Taking 10k away from 1 rank, you're around 420k xp after 4 day, which would you put you on track for max after a week. The problem is you mention starting at RwC. I have 6 toons at end game, 4 of them I play relatively consistently. I'm not running 4 sets of DLC's worth of content a day for a month without break for just 1 set of augments. Back in Earth 3, You could get 6 pieces of gear a day if I remember right for a mod's worth of Essence in 2 days, aka 16 days of running 1 dlc for a full set of mods compared to 30 days of running 4 dlc's, and we had a kit to take out those 16 days but don't have one for the 30 days of running dlc's. At least give me a recovery kit I can craft using Exo-Materials and a Plan.
  10. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Just signed in to test:
    Vault gear - got 2 pieces, 2183, 2707 - barely 5k extra
    Time Capsule Gear - (only once every 2.5 days ) salvaged 212 qwardian fighter, 3800 xp - 1520 a day

So 6.5k extra xp, and I have no time capsule rewards for a month.
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

It's definitely a grind for 1 toon without alts. It should be something in the MP to switch out augments. This is a game players switch how they play all the time
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Never said it would be a substantial amount lol.

I'm just clarifying it's possible to get 746k XP in a week if you play often. I would love something where you can extract XP from one augment and give to another, but on the flip side since I choose to play alts, they get the extra exobytes that my main doesn't need. All that extra could go into prec augments if I so choose to.

I think it just comes down to the fact the game isn't as alt friendly as it should be.
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I know. :(
  14. Vagrant Committed Player

Honestly not very many mmorpgs are alt friendly. Which is why I don’t play alts lol
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

On Alts, Augments and the like are unfathomable.