RE: Aborb Heat Hot Bug

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Brav, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Brav Well-Known Player

(Title should read: "Absorb Heat Hot Bug").

Update: Just quoting myself from a thread I created awhile ago in the game play discussion which may have gone over looked since that section is often busy. Perhaps I should have posted it here before but now I am because I do believe this should be looked into when the developers get a chance. Thank You.
    • Like x 1
  2. RLManuel Committed Player

It’s been like this for a while
  3. Brav Well-Known Player

You're right, I've first noticed it a couple of months ago. That's when I started to use it again in a new load out/rotation I put together. And that is when I also brought it up. I'm sure it may have happened during the revamp and was just overlooked because not many were using it or noticed it and mentioned anything.

I am now using it again and I notice the loss of potential with the build I put together for my play style. My rage's setup is working fine at the moment. Hopefully fire's can be corrected so that it works as well.

I know the developers are busy that's why I'm not making a big deal about it. I am just bringing it to their attention so that they can hopefully get to it when they can, especially if they plan on adjusting some things with a few powers soon this can possibly make the list. One can only hope.
    • Like x 1
  4. Wanderer New Player

I noticed this a while back and that's part of why I stopped using this power. If it's not a bug and is intended, can we get a confirmation one way or another, at least? I'd rather know whether or not they want this ability to be... sub par on the self healing side.
  5. Brav Well-Known Player

I don't think it's intended as the description states that it heals while channeling and additional heal on burning enemies. It does heal but only on the first tick not the rest like its suppose to. The additional heal on burning enemies is also not working properly, it seems random when I got it to happen once or twice but it doesn't happen like it should and its hard to reproduce.

This is definitely a bug. As of right now rages "channel hate" which is similar to fires "absorb heat" is currently working fine like fires use to. Hopefully the developers can figure out what went wrong during the revamp changes and are able to fix it in a future update, when they can.
  6. Brav Well-Known Player

General Discussion Thread Link = (Absorb Heat Hot Bug).

Just bringing this up to date as it is still currently an issue with this particular ability. Thank you for your time.
  7. Batuba Developer

Thank you. I'll take a look.
    • Like x 2
  8. Batuba Developer

I've gone ahead and made a fix for this ability. I don't know if it will make it in time for GU 96 as we need to do more internal testing, however hopefully it will :)
    • Like x 5
  9. Brav Well-Known Player

Thank you for taking the time to resolve this issue. It is very much appreciated. Next update or the following is perfect, great job in finding a solution to this so quickly. I can wait for either. I am just glad that we will be able to use this ability to its full potential once again. Thanks again.