Rating DPS powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jaguars0408, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Xibo Loyal Player

Top 5 DPS based on my experience....

1) Munitions - Chain Gun with Burning PI does 6 hits with PI and 3 hits without PI. Needs to be fixed.

2) Earth

3) Gadgets - I might be wrong but Sticky Bomb seems OP.

4) Rage

5) Celestial
  2. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I've been asking them to fix chain gun for awhile. Even put it in the bugs section. No response.
    • Like x 1
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

Yes, Munitions is strong because of Chain Gun.
  4. Dene Devoted Player

I like mental.. the issue is, a viable range loadout is so hard to find and is either awful on single target but great with adds, very awkward to play and/or power heavy - am thinking of switching for a change again :(
  5. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

My opinion on mental has since changed. I agree that its pretty limited.
  6. Dene Devoted Player

I am now elec.. to try it out.. will go to ice and fire in near future too.. just to see what else is out there, DPS wise anyway
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

Still too few rage players out there. Do earth players still think they are superior or are they just afraid of a rage crash if they tank? ^_^
    • Like x 1
  8. tinoman Dedicated Player

What would be celestial loadout? I was celestial trying everything speced both and just prec or might. Could do as much damage as I’m doing with nature.
  9. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

its the player... the powers have NEVER been closer...trust me ...some of us vets have seen some "updates" come and go...and crafting makes sense and is somewhat sanely done for all its imperfections... from its core out this game has been rebuilt...and fairly well done in many ways...get good...youll be fine...
  10. Xibo Loyal Player

Player AND power.

You can be a hardcore player, use Mental and still be basic.
    You can use Munitions, be a bad player and still be basic.

A simple example...

Earth 3 duo: Me Gadgets and the another guy Munitions. In the first boss, i apply Bunker Buster and the guy applies Biggun. Biggun kill the boss with only 1 shot.
  11. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

there are a lot of maps that play to some powers strengths...no question...but some powers just do well with scattered single target maps they can pull enemies to them...others not so much...mobility becomes a factor ...powers that can move while performing loads are helpful...duos you see this..alerts you should start to see balance in the final scores...alerts are where things like the right load begins to matter good gear matters...even base mods...some of this balance has to occur by the players having a universal expectation among one another that the other players at least have tried to develop their character to its fullest and they understand things like a performing if vanilla and underwhelming load they can work without question without fail...that and do whatever mechanics and pickups you can you've done all you could and should...regardless of scores...in fact the red lantern duo is a stealth masterpiece of this idea...the whole time idiot partners are slamming into unbeatable red lanterns with their mega dps loads...the whole mission depends on MECHANICS...not dps scores...to the very end...the only way to weaken atrocitious ...is through mechanics...ive easily done the most to make that mission succeed ...and my dps scores in the mere hundreds prove it...im the idiot stuck carrying the shield and blowing things up
  12. MaskOff New Player

Do you like Electric dps so far? i'm looking to switch to a good power for raids
  13. L T Devoted Player

Electric is really good in the machine and the add-heavy parts of hive. The Deathstroke and Terra fights aren't really electric's strong points
  14. Dene Devoted Player

It was "ok" - I am switching around.. my goal is not highest dps power, more so dps I like and flows well, for me - that isn't totally abysmal
  15. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

My main is nature. I don't give a flying fart what is good right now, it's really fun. Nature healing will rise again!!!!
  16. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Current content often decides the flavor of the month. I said during deluge that all its going to take is a new dlc with mob heavy boss phases and all the precision dps would disapear. Prediction came true. Only constant is munitions is op bc its bugged and they dont seem to be interested in fixing it.
  17. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Take a look at the Celestial guide in Oracle DB for some specific rotations. You should go all might and superpower for SP and mods. Basic requirements are PcDL, DLcP, CScWOTP, and Neo venom boost as your super charge. You can use 2 other powers in the rotation, usually a power clipped with BcM (like M clipped with BcM). You can swap CScWOTP with RcW for max range, but will lose lots of burst damage.
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

1. rage
    2. electricity(or reverse 1 and 2)
    3. munitions
    4. hard light
    5. sorcery
    6. water.

not necessarily that concrete but those are the top 6 powers i've seen do massive damage no matter the content.
    • Like x 1
  19. recoil2 Dedicated Player

nature basically is just a non-factor because it has no true melee abilities for close quarters combat and has way too many super charges on it's better abilities. i also think mental kind of deserves it's own melee ability too like psionic swords or something and claws for nature.
    • Like x 1
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

Psychic Prison basically is melee because it spawns around you and not around your target. Stealth isn't melee par se but it's close.
    Nature has Savage Growth which hits pretty hard. I don't really make a difference between melee and midrange though...