Rating DPS powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jaguars0408, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Just wanted to come back and admit wrong. After testing Ice is better precision. About 1.5 times better.
  2. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

No harm done. I just wanted to get the point across to help. Goodluck on testing more.
    • Like x 1
  3. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I dont think I would necessarily say Ice is better Precision (which it probably is. Im gonna do some testing as well later on tomorrow.)

But I think any power can be good with Precision. I think its the certain weapon that makes the loadout *hit the sweet spot*. Im intrigued and want to experiment myself. What weapons are you using?

Never tried Hybrid post revamp, but will give it a go. So bare with me as I will have trial and error until I have it down.
  4. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I went weapons expert. Keep in mind that I'm not modded to the teeth with might mods like probably you are so your tests may go differently. My test was basically base ice dps with might vs base with precision. But with just tactical mods in I was able to see a huge damage boost despite having hardly any skill points left to put in precision after doing weapon mastery on 2 weaps.

Anyways I have a single target ranged and aoe melee loadout. For single target I got bow mastery and duel wield mastery and use the tap hold flurry shot. Hits very hard and very fast. I open with the combo and then clip wintry tempest-ice bash-combo-frost snipe-combo frost snipe and repeat til I need to reset my dot/buff. I also have the 35% move and use it instead of snipe when the add is about dead. For both loadouts I have robot sidekick and neo venom. If its not a purely single target fight I sometimes use ibs instead of snipe for splash dmg.

For melee/aoe I use bow mastery and martial arts mastery. The smoke bomb combo. Again very fast very hard hitting and 360 aoe and again I clip wintry and ice bash. Then combo-frost slam-combo-frost slam til I need to reset dot/buff. I experimented with both ibs and frost slam and due to the speed difference (slam being faster) and me being able to get back into the combo faster I've found slam parses higher. I kept the 35% move bc it seems like every group of adds has that elite add that outlives the rest and it comes in handy. And like I said robot and neo venom in both.

Im not saying I have the best loadout yet but I am saying that these loadouts far surpass the dmg potential of the might based loadouts I've tried. I've got some "feats" today that I wouldnt have thought possible. I'm only cr 165. I have not ever been able to come remotely close to a cr 230 or above in damage bc of the sheer difference in stats. Today I beat a cr 233 in the starro event raid by over a million. Everyone else by double. That was not the only time I beat a cr 220+ today although usually by the skin of my teeth. Now I'm aware that most likely those dps sucked. But thats never mattered in the past. As I said due to sheer stat difference I've never come close to a dps that much higher than me. I also only have 96 sps atm.

I've noticed in my testing that its important to start with the combo then dot/buff not the other way around. Prioritize the combo over everything. Overall I'm doing a ton more damage and having a blast with it. Pfft was kinda boring and had me tanking more often than not
  5. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

On the single target loadout though I'm starting to think the 35% move actually lowers my dps. Hard to test bc a dummy is never that low. But kinda seems like the flurry shot already hits harder with snipe and that will probably only become more evident with higher precision. Also thinking about using bitter winds instead of 35 on aoe. So like I said still messing with loadouts. Def hit me up if you notice anything interesting in your tests.

Edit: so on aoe combo-wintry-bash-combo-bitter winds-combo-slam repeat til refresh definetly parses higher. But you'll have to use judgement on how quickly the adds are gonna die as to whether it would be better dmg to skip winds and go straight to slam for best dmg in live content.
  6. generalzod Committed Player

I'll have to say all these powers should be stronger because its melee risk vs reward style playing . Earth , rage,gad,hl ... , but the power that is off somewhat is munition because of the damage is above the other ranged (safe load-outs) ... Basically the other tank powers atomic , ice and fire should get a slight boost . I test and test and test with my electric i finally can keep up with every power no matter the instance . That's knowing your power and doing alot of trial and error ! Sadly there are others powers that may need boost or the right person who's willing to put the work in (testing) to keep up . My load-outs to keep up with munition isn't a cookie cut out its my own . And yes to do this im switching alot of load-outs, but i keep up ! All in all everyone is right , good players can get the most out there powers and compete . And there still many powers that flat out need boost.
  7. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

I know someone's always better. I know Gadgets is better than ice also. I refuse to believe it's that much better though. I refuse to believe any power is that much better.

Sometimes I thnk you just have selective reading or something man, like, for someone who comes across as smart why don't you get this?

A video would prove that I'm wrong about everything. I really don't know how much more I need to dumb that down. I'm sorry Fatal, I'm not attacking you, honestly, but I've wanted to shake the **** out of you this entire thread. You say you used to think you were the best Celestial DPS since Jesus, then you changed your mind apparently. I'm willing to bet that when you changed your mind you didn't change it because 1 person in thousands beat you like a red headed stepchild and then never offered an excuse. I used to think I was hot **** with Fire on TKJ until someone "enlightened" me who was Ice and I was like, well.....damn, you're right.

The difference is that they actually showed me how and why it was better through about a 15 minute conversation and a 30ish second video. Mind you, I had never met this guy before and I just asked him how he did it when he beat me. Every player I've ever asked how they beat me has offered an actual explanation that when tested, was correct and they've all been Gadgets, Munitions, or Rage. Even the FOTM powers, like Electric when it had love, didn't bother me at all. There was ONE player who beat me with a shield I think, his name was Chiefin_TKJ and he never responded to me when I asked him how, but it was in The Visitor Duo and it was by about 500k.

You know, I could be wrong about this assumption I've made but in all my years on this little blue marble anyone who's ever been right about something when I was wrong and they've proven they were right were able to prove they were right with evidence and facts. Why? Because they had nothing to hide, even in business this had held true.
    quote="iMeMoriezZ, post: 4138186, member: 385237"]No power is op... only skill carries idk any other gadgets besides my league mate that can keep up with me and that’s facts[/quote]

Fact - Only skill makes a player OP, not a power
    Fact - Only your buddy can keep up with you in regards to Gadgets DPS
    Fact - Earth, Rage, Gadgets, Hard Light, Celestial, and Munitions players have an advantage over others, but the powers are all on the same level.

So, based off your facts there's no reason to not post an unedited video. If skill is what makes the difference then showing an unedited video, even with the loadout in it won't matter because as we all know a player can have a great loadout, but no skill. Even me, who's admittedly skilled, won't be able to keep up because you're clearly more skilled based off our personal conversations and our challenge. I mean, anyone who can beat a very skilled player by almost double has to be secure in their skill level.

I'm done with this conversation though, There's no point in continuing it unless there's real facts and a video from the other side.
  8. Yaiba Committed Player

To be honest, your loadout is really bad. Look at your parse and you'll see, 18-20k in 30s on 3 targets, no no it's super low at this CR. I think you have no idea with your LO or you don't know how to play, that's why your damage is so low (even boss damage). Why do you use reflection when you don't get hit? I keep asking myself why you put that in your LO, it doesn't deal any damage unless adds attack you. That's enough for me, you should change your LO + rotation, try to play more aggresive. And you're not a skilled dps like you think.;)
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Don't worry you didn't offend me at all, cause the feeling is mutual and I've been wanting to reach through the screen and slap some sense into you, cause all I see is someone upset he was beaten as badly as he was and not getting an answer from the other person as to why you was beaten that badly.

There's no real exploits, there's no hidden glitches that would make up that much of a difference in damage. Mem is just that good with gadgets and gadgets is just THAT good on single target. There's no hidden trick or rotation that you can't find on your own with a little experimentation, the scoreboard damage is legit, now you can take it as encouragement to get better or you can keep ragging memz for a video of his rotation that he's not really obligated to give you. This whole time you're looking like a sore loser, it's not selective reading, is the way you're portraying yourself to other people.

Have a good day, hopefully you'll find something better with ice on single target.
    • Like x 3
  10. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Keef, after watching your rotation, I was instantly able to spot the problem. Feel free to pm me
  11. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

[IMG] Lol What the!!?.....aw man, It's too late......you gadget players have gone too far this time........ and with with the audacity to bring your own proof.;) I'm sorry, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Now you must RUN cause they'll nerf you for sure when you get caught!! :eek:
  12. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Ice can keep up, but probably only as precision.
  13. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

No Earth???
  14. piohh Well-Known Player

You can clip reflection so its a good option to use it. You dont lose any time and you got a shield. Dead DPS = Bad DPS
  15. piohh Well-Known Player

Stop talking about "Rating DPS Power" if you talk from SB and FSM, that have nothing to do with your power. Nearly each power deal the same DMG with this 2 combos.
    • Like x 2
  16. Yaiba Committed Player

Sometimes you don't need shield, just saying
  17. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Thats irrelevant. Some powers out dps that precision spec as might. I had said ice was one and came back to say I was wrong.
  18. The Fairy Well-Known Player

poor sorcery ">_>
  19. DJX New Player

Hi ppl, just curious cause all my toons have hand blasters. I have 2 tanks, one ice and the other atomic, but im thinking on switching my ice tank. Which tanking power is best for hand blasters and is good in both dps and tank? My atomic was first a dps and then I redid him to tank with dps loadout and its great. Advice is highly appreciated!!

I
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

So your wanting to know which tank power would go good with handblasters? Any of them. For tanking, weapon choice is purely what your comfortable with. I enjoy handblasters, 1h, and DW. The power doesn't really matter for the weapon as a tank. I use handblasters on my main atomic tank. It works out fine. Some weapons will have a better lunge than others. Don't let your weapon hold you back. I don't even spec into my weapon, beyond the 1 point. Now if your going to play rage and tank with their hit counter mechanic. Your weapon would be more important. I've seen ice tanks do ok as a melee bow into smokebomb. Like a dps. Just rotate shields.

It all depends on how you like to play.
    • Like x 1