Rating DPS powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jaguars0408, Apr 19, 2018.

1. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

I'm still waiting on a video post from Memz btw
  2. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

This is just another case of someone’s world becoming a lot larger. There’s many players that play with only a certain group of ppl that you never run into. So you think your so good at this game til someone comes along makes you see that your not as elite as you thought. As far as precision builds go bow into smoke bomb and dw into flurry shot will eventually get nerfed in line with the other weapon combos. Those moves have been doing way more dmg than everything else since revamp. I want to see what these precision dps will do then
    • Like x 1
  3. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

I'm still as elite as I know.

I run randoms all the time scooter, it's not just a certain group of people.

**If you have it, use common sense if you continue to read**

Let me put this out there people, for all of you, until I see a video I still won't believe this is possible in a legit way. Sorry, but, I just won't.

Until I get beat like this on the regular, Ice stays ranked for me where it's always been. Remember, you're speaking to someone who's played for 7 years and only been beat like this by any power once, this time. I've been beat on the scorecard, I'm not saying I haven't, but it's always been feasible,not improbable.

I'll admit, Gadgets is better than Ice, it's ranked by my own self higher than Ice in this same discussion somewhere. But it's not that much better.

All I'm saying is that until I see an unedited video from Memz perspective I won't believe this is a legit scenario. And you can take that as me being salty about being beat if you want but...... I don't really care.
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

"There is always someone better than you"

This was told to me by one of.the best players I know in game. Keef - you keep saying 7 yrs...blah blah blah. Ive run with some heavy hitter in my time as well, and guess what? The saying above always come true.

Ice is good, ain't no doubt it can rank up there. But it won't hang with a top tier Gadget player, especially single target. The reason you likely haven't seen it much, is because the really top tier players tend to stick within small grouos of people they play with.
    • Like x 5
  5. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Gadgets and Munitions are disgustingly OP at the moment so I'm not surprised to see that scoreboard. Believe what you want, but those numbers are not an anomaly with those powers in the right hands. Heck I've seen mediocre players think they're now elite because they can put up sickening dmg with those powers.

I like to think fire is underrated too because I rarely place lower than first in dmg when pugging. But I also know that when I get into formed groups with some of the elite rage, gadget, muni toons im friends with there is a very good chance I'm going to be blown out and have been plenty of times. Some powers just don't stack up as well as others and as much as I believe powers are as balanced as ever, there will always be that flavour of the month power or glitches power that is head and shoulders above the rest.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They way you're taking this L is kind of disgusting...

There's a lot of great players out there you don't run into because they don't pug often. Hell I used to think I was one of the best celestial DPS on the villain side cause no other could match me, but have met a few people that can do serious work with it. It always helps to be humble and not full of yourself, that way when something like this happens you take it as encouragement to better yourself and see what you're doing wrong or what you can do to squeeze more damage out, instead of screaming "fake, not legit."
    • Like x 4
  7. Captain JackDaniels Well-Known Player

Ok guys here's the truth.
    Any power can be tops, all depends on the player.
    The most damage in game now will come from a 380sp+ precision weapon build. Especially in elite content.
    If you have a maxed out venom artifact it's not even close. Trust me.
    Simple math my friends. Max out precision with sp, left over goes into might for your DOT power and it's over.
    *please close thread*
  8. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Hey wassup returning player I wanted to kno with cr is not king anymore & the stats matter revamped have been done where do might and precision powers stand is that still a thing or all powers might based I would definetely appreciate a answer and my power is Rage so it used to be precision can someone fill me in?
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Heyo Rekkz X and welcome back! We're still kicking :)

Right now you are able to play in three different ways:

- Superpowered

You spec 1 SP into this Trait and your power regenerates faster when you use a superpower. You are basically playing from the tray, meaning you don't use your weapon but only the six abilities you choose. Right now, it is the best way to play for most powers - including rage. Might/Power is your main stat.

- Hybrid

You spec 1 SP into this Trait and you combine (usually non-Weapon Mastery) Weapon Combos with Abilities. So it's a mix of Precision and Might. There aren't many players around that go with this for DPS and even less who succeed.

- Weapon based

You spec 1 SP into this Trait and your power regenerates slower, but you mainly use your Weapon (Mastery) Combos to do damage. Precision is your main stat. Right now the combos aren't that balanced. For melee AoE, most players chose Bow->Martial Arts Smoke bomb, for ranged single target, players use Dual Wield -> Bow Flurry Shot. The rest is mediocre and you don't see many players playing like this.

As for a bit more details for Rage:

If you liked the combos you always did with rage, you can still do them and they do very good melee damage. Ranged Rage is also competitive but is a bit different than before.

Melee: The strongest moves are Outrage and Lacerate. Fillers are Revenge (fast and cheap) or Relentless Anger. The latter is now a lunge move (instead of a Ragecrash Move) and generates more Supercharge. Berserk is still powerfull but not unbalanced anymore.
    Fill the rest of the slots with 1 PI applicator, Severe Punishment and 1 Supercharge (Berserk).

My Loadout is Severe Punishment | Violence (PI) | Outrage | Revenge | Relentless Anger | Berserk

I use a three-lunge-mobile-PI setup for all melee content and while I parse lower on Sparring Targets than with Lacerate, I perform better in raids. You're more mobile, everything you do lunges and you carry your PI with you. Not like Galling Eruption.

Of course, the other options are viable as well and you should choose the abilities more to your liking. I personally just achieved the highest parses with the Loadout mentioned above.

Ranged: You're pretty much still stuck with Dreadful Blast. What is new is Frentic Bombardment. A combo power that is cheap and has a low cooldown. For your PI you use Galling Eruption (midrange) or Plasma Retch (Ranged). Severe Punishment is not needed though.
    As for the SC I recommend Neo-Venom Boost for max range and Berserk for Midrange (you still have to get really close if you wanna use it).
    Last slot is filled with a Shield for me. Redirected Rage is the one of your powerset. Shields are stronger post revamp and usually absorb ~10k damage in Endcontent.

My last ability is Channel Hate. It is a mobile channeled single target abilty that let's you move around. The numbers are pretty good and it surpasses Heat Vision in Rage loadouts (imo)

Oh and of course, all Rage abilties - including combos - are might based damage and cost power.

Hope this wall of text helped a bit. If you have further questions feel free to ask them here. And again, welcome back :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Omg thank you so much bro INCREDIBLY HELP FULL I would have been lost with out your knowledge but forsure this loadout will help me alot hopefully all this fills in the blanks for others that need guidance with the new stats & rage itself. But glad to be back with this new info it has really shown more light to the fun that DCUO has to offer. Can't thank you enough man
  11. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Omg thank you so much bro INCREDIBLY HELP FULL I would have been lost with out your knowledge but forsure this loadout will help me alot hopefully all this fills in the blanks for others that need guidance with the new stats & rage itself. But glad to be back with this new info it has really shown more light to the fun that DCUO has to offer. Can't thank you enough man
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

All cool :) If it was helpful than I'm happy :)

Ah as an additional sidenote:

I use Scrap of the Soul Cloak and Tetrahedron of Urgrund as my two artifacts. The first reduces the costs of your supercharge and it's cooldown and the latter increases your might based on your health. So more and faster Berserks and mooaaar might :)

If you run with groups with at least 1 other Tetrahedron, you can substitude yours for the Omegahedron from the Death of Superman intro. It increases your power regeneration.

For Mods I went with Replenishing Adapter (+Power proc) for Weapon and Power Efficiency (powers cost 5% less, can be replaced with Reserve Tank) for Chest. The Adapter can be triggered by a single tap between your abilties and clipping that tap with the next abiltiy.
    If you have no power issues, replace the mods with the Blast Adapter and Core Strength :)

Cheers mate!
  13. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Thanks again man i hope you get what your looking for in game for helping me out and working threw all of this. I will be sure to do so in modding the correct mods for my hero
  14. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

You need to message me in game ASAP. Balistical Ice. You know why
    • Like x 1
  15. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Yo bro I'm on rite now on my rage so we can see wassup
    • Like x 1
  16. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

No power is op... only skill carries idk any other gadgets besides my league mate that can keep up with me and that’s facts
  17. Mazahs Loyal Player

With all due respect you are wrong.

Why? When comparing too end players (not pug world players) You are likely correct.
    It comes down to who's first, single vs multi & melee vs survivability etc..

BUT

In the hands of avg PUG Gadgets and Muni will normally dominate most powers out. You know it, 8 inow it and I guarantee respec sales know it.

Sure I can keep.up with Q or Light, but unless I go balls to the wall and have my troll screaming and chugging soders like an alcoholic...I'm not gonna keep up. Keef literally proved that when he thought he was some type.of uber elite Ice might player and ran into a very good player. Its a slaughter.

What makes a power OP is NOT what the top 1% of 1% can do with it (well not much) but what the avg puggle can do and thats the point.
    • Like x 1
  18. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Yeah, Im gonna have to disagree. Rage, Munitions, and Gadgets all have that advantage over the other powers atm. Thats a given. And everybody knows it. Its not just skill. (Though it has a lot to do with it, I give you that)
    • Like x 2
  19. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

If you are earth, rage , gad, HL, Cel, mun.. you have an advantage.. all these powers though are on the same level
  20. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Thats not what you said though. So I was just making sure
    • Like x 1