Rating DPS powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jaguars0408, Apr 19, 2018.

1. ANYDOGG1 Level 30

He wasn't comparing Nature to Water. Also remember, your 250 with over 400 SP. I did a census on him, hes 248CR with no elite gear, OP feet, and 354SP. He's not going to do the numbers you are doing...atleast on sparring targets. Earth relies on jackhammer which is melee. You get knocked back, stunned, or they go away from you, you have to stop, reposition yourself, setup your PI again, then do jackhammer. You know when you get those raids with a tank that constantly like to pull mobs away to get to the next mob faster? Nature relies on DOTs. Every mob nature has put up the poison. By the time poison is set, the rest of the raid has already nearly killed each mob. It's slow and time consuming. I went to water after seeing his videos, and I am consistantly outperforming earth, rage, munitions, electric, and nature and my power bar takes a VERY long time to deplete.
  2. ANYDOGG1 Level 30

Wanted to add. If you read his description in the youtube video, he stated he was on the test server. So he most likely doesn't have his might/power stat maxed out.
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The statement I made was that water wasn't even Top2 in the healer powersets for damage that's where I brought nature into the discussion. The census check is a moot point because I already went on test server ironically because that player mentioned the stats just like you and I did similar results with 247 cr and 291sp all results that would be WELL above what water could even hope for on parsers.

Even if earth gets interrupted they can still recover just as quickly and go back into their damage phase which would still be well above what water is capable of, this isn't about finding that 1 perfect raid situation where water beats other powersets cause in that 1 situation there would still be multiple powersets that would have more damage. Your point about nature is seriously misinformed and you don't actually realize how that plays out in practice and would like to think its slow and time consuming but its not.

If you are out performing all those powersets as water you are playing against players that HAVE NO CLUE what they're doing with it.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

Get into a group of real big boy DPS's and you'll find that's not gonna happen.
  5. ANYDOGG1 Level 30

I'm water and been in groups with real big boy DPS's....yes I beat them in DPS in the machine...Why don't you try to form a team with me or him instead of just assume things you haven't tried yourself. Not alot of people know how to properly use water, they rely on high tide, or that power that removes previous cooldown to double attack. Yes, precision hybrids of ALL powers will do more damage. But just b/c you haven't teamed with a competent water player doesn't mean water sucks.
    • Like x 1
  6. ANYDOGG1 Level 30

You apparently havn't been water yet and really experimented with it. You keep referring to water as something you never tried. So how do you know what water can or can't do if you have never tried it before. Why don't you go to test server, and try out the rotation I put in. See how skilled you are at clipping the last attack of each power in time to remove animation but still get the hit. I've been clipping for years. I can do with water at range more damage b/c I for one am not getting inturruped being in melee range, killed b/c I'm in melee range, or affected by melee range AOE by the bosses. I do get knocked down occasionally, especially when there is no tank...But I do consistantly beat high end players.

I can turn the tables here. I believe everyone you have ever run with that makes your ego so high is b/c you play with nothing but trash players.
  7. Yaiba Committed Player

Thanks to Soul Cloak, it's now possible to cast 10.000 SC 10+ times in 20min (I already did, very easy). Moreover, you have another LO that focus on 50% SC, with Soul Cloak, you are able to use Whirlpool every 30s or I can say in another way, your SC bar will never run out (but this is fun build :p).

About melee with Water, it's totally viable, Sonic Cry always crits, Movement Powers are also the same, and they are better than Aqualance or any water powers :(. The shark frenzy trick applies to all powers not only SC (only first hit) so you will likely have alot of choices, I use powers that hit hards :rolleyes:.
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

Ok that last part is just funny. I've argued with Chill in the past, but I do recognize him as a pretty damn good player too
    • Like x 1
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I have gone on test plenty with water and im water right now on live server to continue my healer series videos. Have I gone through every rotation? no, I have ones that will parse 30-31k which is still better than what that video shows as i've used that rotation too and that'll be 25-28k. No one is going to believe you on these forums because that actual "math" of the powerset is against you. There is no magical rotation with water that does 40k+ consistently or even high 30's like 4-5 powersets can do easily. I'm pretty your last statement applies much more to you than to me.

Also SUPER FUNNY you mention clipping to me of all people in this game :eek:
  10. ANYDOGG1 Level 30

nothing wrong with clipping combo powers.
  11. Twinks Level 30

Parses smarses. Like Bruce Lee once said, "Boards don't hit back!" Real world combat differs greatly from hitting the sparring target. Gadgets is arguably the strongest power in game that hits the sparring target for uber numbers apparently. I have no clue what my numbers are on a sparring target, but I sure know where my numbers stand at the end of an elite raid. Twinks is an easy name to remember. Add in game and invite me for some burn. Win or lose, it's all fun and challenge for me.
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Just as an example cause I was doing some stuff on "Test Server"

[IMG]

But Water will beat everything and is completely OP right? right? yea lets see any Water dps in the games history pull 45k-74k parsers on 8 targets. That's just the basic Wolf rotation I showed in my guide no extra damage supercharges at all, no supply drops
  13. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I don't play water, but I'm curious -- what is this trick and how is it best utilized?

Also, in my limited experience water is like 4th of the healer sets in damage. I tend to see Nature > Celestial > Electric > Water > Sorc. Perhaps it is just my own experience, but when I play Celestial vs. Electric, it always seems like my DoTs are better than their DoTs. Neither even comes close to Wolf form dps, but both seem to easily out-perform water.

ETA: I'm only talking about Might/Pfft DPS, water seems fantastic with WM.
  14. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Let me hop on test and confirm that. I had a friend that said he was getting horrible damage as elec using the rotation so I hopped on his account. Come to find out he was pausing between powers he casted which slowed the rotation down a lot which trashed his dps. When I got used to it and was running max speed, I got like 5k+ more dps than what he was at.
  15. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

It's a power called High Tide that makes Shark Frenzy auto-crit when used after it. Funny enough a few months ago, that move was still bugged after like 8 months of it being reported and shark wasn't actually guaranteed a crit.
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

You missed one ingredient that ObsidianChill already mentioned.

Besides, the reason why people here claim that water is op has nothing to do with waters base rotation.
  17. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

1. I remember your video. To repeat what I said before pretty much:
    Amo5thee - 243 in the video, even now at 246 they only have 26.5k might because they only have 198sp and probably no artifacts since it's a half raised alt.

BlitzMacht - If you pay attention around 1:10-1:20 and you change your youtube settings to half speed using the cog. You'll see he's using a single target move from electricity in his rotation when there's like 5-6 adds there. 30.6k might.

Rocky Blades - 246 in the video, even at 248 rn, he's sitting at 29k might and he was using rage ranged rotation the entire raid which everyone knows is trash.

Black Lepricon - 27.5k might ice dps.

You're at 32.4k might which puts you anywhere between 2k to 5k more might than the other dps's. And the two dps's closest to you in stats are using trash rotations.

2. Elec gets up to 30k on 3 targets, but elec isn't meant for 3 targets. The more targets that an ability hits, it splits damage more. You may hit 3 targets for 5k each and get 15k damage. In most cases when you hit 4 targets instead of 3, instead of 5k damage on 4 targets, you'll get 3k and some change to still average out to 15k damage total. Elec's strong suit is that it doesn't conform to that principle. While While you get nerfed to 4 targets hitting for 3.something k, elec will still be hitting 4-5k on all 4 targets. Obsidian got 30k on 3 targets with his rotation, but that particular rotation is meant for 8 adds which is why he jumped up to 42k on 8 targets. Water won't jump up to a 33% damage increase going to 8 targets. Most other powers get close to the exact same numbers between 3 targets and 8 targets, but elec doesn't. And inside of machine and hive, you rarely fight 3 adds by themselves unless you have a squishy tank. Most tanks pull 2-3 groups of adds together which gives you 6-9 adds at once in the hallway. That's where you get blown out in damage out from.

3. Arc Lightning - Voltaic - Tesla Ball - Electrogenesis - ElectroBurst
    1-4-2
    1-5-2
    1-3-2
    1-5-2
    etc.
    I copied your stats on test server and that got me 24-28k depending on crit chance on 3 targets which would match your water dps at around 26k. This rotation is just melee and doesn't maximize damage split potential for 4+ target situations. Most people don't have 2+ armories for add phases outside of nature dps so they run the 4+ target rotation instead of the one strictly for 2-3 targets because 2-3 targets hardly occurs inside of content.
  18. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

I don't feel like arguing with whether or not the supercharge is strong when the base rotation is too weak. You'd fall behind and be playing catchup the entire time in a raid. If anyone wants to dps comp, I can just rejoin a league on my villain for prof. buffs and comp any water dps's that think they can compete with nature. I've beaten munition and elec dps's with 33-34k might inside of machine, I'm really not sweating water at all tbh.
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

Wasn't my point. o.Ô My point was agreeing that the regular water rotation isn't cream of the crop and that even with the trick/exploit/whatever you may call it, it is - as you said - a continuously catching-up over the course of a run.
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

Fire DPS on top in ZooE and Machine. Credits by DestruidorBR