Rating DPS powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jaguars0408, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Jaguars0408 Level 30

Assuming same gear, sp, mods, and knowledge of said power. How would you rank the powers in term of damage potential (1-10, 10 being the most damage) My list is an overall mix of Add damage and Single target.

Atomic- 5
    Celestial- 9
    Earth- 8
    Electricity- 8
    Fire- 7
    Gadgets- 9
    Ice - 7
    Light- 8
    Mental- 5
    Munitions- 9
    Nature- 5
    Quantum- 6
    Rage- 8
    Sorcery- 4
    Water- 5
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

• Like x 6
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i would put water higher in both those list its not that bad i smoke people higher than me all the time.. granted most people suck but i still can get decent parsers right in line with a lot of the other powers

edit: and its at max distance allowing for less damage taken so less deaths allowing for more constant damage

edit 2 : fatal's is probably a better representation of how close they can all be
    • Like x 3
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

I'd probably switch Gadgets and Muni on your list, other than that its pretty much my thoughts.
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Unfortunately, that's not how our damage is measured, kind of. Dps powers, and the rotation they use, is totally different in normal content compared to elite. Since LFG is full of nonstop elite runs, one could say elite loadouts matter more overall than normal content loadouts. It would change where powers like rage and atomic on your list. Both powers have to adjust their entire loadout just for elite, and neither have great ranged or single target powers.

I say this, because if powers like rage were able to play at melee, in normal and elite, and have game mechanics to allow this, your list would look much different. Since its not, gadgets would be the highest, with everything else falling behind it.
    • Like x 1
  6. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I know you play mental, or at least I think you do... you did post your load out in the mental thread the other day right? I have swapped powers between mental and HL several times, and while I am presently HL, I think mental hits harder. Yeah I know, no one believes in mental anymore... guess I'm just suprised by your score here.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I have a mental troll, but i don't dps with that toon. My scores are based on running with people that know their powers well
  8. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. IMO, mental is better than people think. Invisibility has to be utilized, which makes it less friendly than other powers.
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

That's not entirely true though. In order for most gadgets players to get maximum DPS they are forced into the exact same range as Light or Rage. Munitions however does not have to be point blank to deliver maximum damage and when your dead or blocking your not keeping up.

You can actually do the same damage with atomic in elite as you can in normal runs. Some of our biggest hitters don't have to be point blank either. Clipping the 3rd hit of Neutron nets great numbers, and the actual range of Atom splitter is much further than most realize.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Well just have to disagree. Especially on the ranged atomic combos doing the same as it's melee lo. :)
  11. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Atomic - 8 - Strong AOE, very power hungry, lackluster single target.

Celestial - 8.7 - Strong ST, but not Gadgets and HL level imo; lackluster AOE, lackluster supercharges.

Earth - 9 - Probably best AOE in game currently, best 5000 supercharge, lackluster single target

Electricity - 8 - Great w/ precision, not sure how PFFT is currently

Fire - Not sure

Gadgets - 9 - Great ST top 2 w/ HL; good AOE behind Earth, Rage maybe Nature. Criminally easy to do good damage w/ similar to Earth AOE and Munitions

Ice - 7.5 - Great w/ Hybrid, good supercharges, decent at AOE and ST for PFFT

Light - 9 - Parses the same as Gadgets on ST and AOE if not higher in some cases, and is the newest FOTM after Gadgets and Rage got boring

Mental - 8

Munitions - 8.8 - Good, consistent damage for ST and AOE

Nature - 8.5, could be a 9 or even 9.5 but I have not tested in actual content. Underrated ST and AOE

Quantum - 7.5

Rage - 9 - Great AOE right behind Earth, and good ST if melee is feasible, especially when bosses under 35%

Sorcery - 8 - Great w/ precision

Water - 7.5

If content in the future is again more AOE centric, I suspect most people's ratings will be more biased towards Earth and Rage again and less towards HL and Gadgets
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

Clip last part of Neutron with Atom Splitter -
    RSK and a dot you'll outperform melee only ALL day. Give it a try

Our main Atomic toon got me to finally try it and your at a safer range outperfoming melee only
  13. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I think they're relatively close, but there is a clear top and bottom. If weapons played a bigger part in DPS this whole scale would look different. I considered my grading on good knowledgeable players I know from each powerset, survivability in elite. Munitions tops IMO bc of the cheese damage at range and it takes little changing in loadouts to do well against MT and ST. Gadgets has to get into melee or close to melee range to be its most effective. Celestial is really awesome, but only with good players versus Earth and Munitions takes very little effort to put up good numbers. Mental and Sorcery scored the lowest for me, although I've seen some really good players with those powersets. Nature is severly underated by most, as is Quantum and Water. It's all opinion based, so grading will vary from player to player.

Atomic- 7.8
    Celestial- 9.1
    Earth- 8.7
    Electricity- 8.5
    Fire- 8.2
    Gadgets- 9.3
    Ice - 8.2
    Light- 8.2
    Mental- 7.2
    Munitions- 9.4
    Nature- 7.8
    Quantum- 8
    Rage- 8.9
    Sorcery- 7.2
    Water- 7.8
    • Like x 1
  14. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Smh you must play with scrubs who dps with water. The only powers that give me trouble when I dps are earth, rage, and sometimes gadgets. But hey, I’ll gladly take a buff since people don’t know how to clip lol.
  15. Roocck Committed Player

Try DPS youll love the damage it puts out... I rate them like a 9.... lol
  16. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Than that is terrific for you. Kudos. I think Water is great myself. This whole rating DPS powers can be a bit biased and opinionated. There are far too many variables for anyone to be truely correct. I have yet to meet a Water toon that out DPS's me on my 3 toons. That doesnt mean they dont exist. Its extremely difficult to be accurate or get everyones approval. There will always be people with discrepancies. I was trying my best to show a good representation of scoring. Rarely ever does Earth beat me but, thats in my own experience. Plus the biggest variable is taking parsing out of the equation all together, I based my scaling on experience with other players and my own from powers I use currently.
  17. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

Ranks a little different.

Atomic- 8
    Celestial- 9.3
    Earth- 9.8
    Electricity- 8.5
    Fire- 8.7
    Gadgets- 9.7
    Ice - 7.7
    Light- 9.6
    Mental- 8.4
    Munitions- 9.2
    Nature- 8.8
    Quantum- 9.1
    Rage- 9.8
    Sorcery- 9
    Water- 8
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

im with you water does just fine for me
    • Like x 1
  19. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Mental isnt nearly as bad as people say. Its not easy mode like my ice toon but I'd argue it has higher damage potential.
  20. pultinski Well-Known Player

does the ranking change for players who are precision based ? if so, then do weapons need to be ranked as well ?
    i see lots of bow users, similar to how when WM first dropped ( if memory serves ) it was HB - scissor kick, or something like that.