Rate the new Oracle TC.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

From 1/10 what do you all think about the new TCs?

I personally think it's a 3/10 at best. It was heavily overrated and underwhelming. Nothing exciting that really grabbed my attention. This scares me. Because most of the time that we could have been receiving other things like fixes to powers or different parts of the game, the Devs make things like this and makes me wonder what their time is really being used doing? (Money Sponging)

All I want is for this game to succeed but it's literally shooting itself in the foot over and over again. Anyway, what do you all think about the new Time Capsules?

In all of your opinions what would you rate it?
    • Like x 1
  2. Lodestone Active Player

I'll rate the feats in it 1 to 10. I can't rate the styles (yet), cause for the first time in years, outside of vacations i haven't logged in for over 5 days. I'm just missing the drive nowadays ... I dunno, i still have some stabs like 30 or so so i probably check those out this week but since im premium as of last month i will probably not finish any style, maybe some emblems but i also dont care anymore.
  3. AV Loyal Player

I rate it as "das uber sad pants inducing" because the platform lock is making finding the Harlequin Chroma on PC bloody horrendous. Feels bad...
    • Like x 1
  4. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

0/10 because it's just another thing they spent resources/dev time on. Instead of fxing issues with the game. Let alone styles/feats you want being locked behind an RNG. Instead of no feats being attached, and styles you want being on the marketplace instead where they can make money off of it. I haven't seen the Harlequin Chroma(or know what it is) But do you think it would be better off on the marketplace for say 50 a piece ?
    • Like x 2
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Part of your problem is that you think that Time Capsules and their content are somehow responsible for the "lack of fixes" in other areas. You are painfully wrong on that account, because those are two separate teams that don't directly affect each other in this particular instance.

I get it...you and many others have your issues with Time Capsules, and I won't dispute that they are problematic. The thing is there are plenty of threads already speaking specifically about those various issues. There was no need to come up with a thread supposedly discussing the subjective aesthetic merits of this particular capsule, when in reality it was nothing more than yet another Time Capsule grumble thread in disguise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the original subject this thread appeared to be about: I personally would rate this capsule 7/10. It's got a fantastic, nearly-slimline tech-armor that is not at all bulky. And in a surprise move, it actually has an emblem slot. And speaking of emblems, they came out with quite a few good ones.

The back piece is useless to me at the moment since none of my toons would put it to use, but the boots, hands and waist are good. I like that they made the Enhanced armour battle reactive, unfortunately I won't see that anytime soon since i'm addicted to using Chroma materials on them.

Love the Dove Goggles...we need more face styles. The Hacker accessory is real nice, and now I know that it's possible to make other power based accessories to wear alongside Auras (or in lieu of). The Hawk cape looks pretty solid too (i've seen it around, haven't completed it myself). The Harley Orbital is hilarious, and I like that it wasn't a full on RNG item to acquire.
    • Like x 4
  6. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

[IMG] Trash

To be fair I feel this way about most things I can't buy directly.
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Can you imagine if rating a pet healed me? There is no way, i'm rating :cool:
  8. Solarbound Committed Player

I hate the idea of Time Capsules altogether. Everything that makes them what they are and the negative impact they've brought upon the game. Especially, within the economy. It would be much preferred if they just sold those style sets for however much straight out of the marketplace. I don't care for the contents, as I would never wear such styles on my own toon. Yet, when I saw what this Oracle edition provided, I laughed because whatever that thing is, it's horrendous. The disappointment shown throughout the live chat of the livestream said it all.

As far as rating goes, that Oracle style is definitely the worst of the bunch. Yep, the DEVS definitely dropped the ball on this one. The Hawk and Dove pieces are okay. There's so much more they could've done to expand upon those styles, though. Like, I don't know, giving a full style set dedicated to them. As much as I want to put the rating in the negatives because of how bad the Oracle trash is, I'll give 1/10 because those Hawk and Dove pieces are the only things decent, even with the potential missed to expand on them.

If this is the impression "Dimensional Ink" is leaving to start things off, it's a sure way to destroy the little bit of faith I have left as we move forward in DCUO. I mean, what do we pay them our money for? To get shorthanded like this in the long run? Do better, DEVS... -_-
    • Like x 4
  9. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Lol that gif is hurting my sides.
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It’s just a matter of taste, but I did like the Hacker accessory. Rest of it just not my taste or something I would never use (something true of every time cap - can’t please everybody). I did think it was funny that the back piece of the gear kind of makes you look like a walking starship Enterprise.

Had a fair amount of luck on drop rate, but no Harley chroma. Those ultra rares shouldn’t have feats attached; they just don’t drop for me or anybody in my circles. I guess the devs have stats showing that the impossible drop rate makes people keep opening, but it’s the opposite effect for me. Why am I going to keep trying for something that’s surely not going to drop? It’s a waste of time, money and effort.
    • Like x 3
  11. Brit Loyal Player

5/10.

The Oracle style is... meh. I do not have any characters that I am interested in displaying it on. However, because of it's lackluster appearance, and apparently a more equal distribution of drop-rates across all slots, none of the individual pieces seemed to be particularly more expensive than the others. I bought the whole suit on the broker because I don't open my Time Capsules until Resurgence, and this is the first suit in a long time where there weren't one or two noticeably more expensive pieces.

The collection rewards are... okay. I might dabble with the Hawk or Dove pieces if I get them, but if I don't, I definitely feel zero pressure to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on the broker for them. The hand accessory I would outright just sell on the broker if I got it, because I know that I'm never going to display that. Overall, having Collections that I don't have any interest in is always considered an improvement.

There are emblems! Yay! I love when a Time Capsule has Emblems. Emblems are a cheap source of feats on the broker, and give a much higher rate of pulling something usable from a time capsule. Of course, I rarely get to display them since almost all new styles no longer include Emblem slots on them, but when a Time Capsule actually has Emblems, instead of NOT having Emblems, I find a get a lot more value from the capsules I open. It's rarer to have one crack that feels 100% like a waste (style I already have, collection I already have, and emblem I already have).

There is a Harley Chroma. That's a thing, I guess. Unlike a lot of players, I dislike most materials and rarely display them. I don't like giving up this incredibly customizable color pallet that we have, in order to replace it with something that often takes all the detail work off of our styles. "Gee, I really hope I get to make my styles look like garbage, while simultaneously reducing my customization options" was never a thought I had. Chromas were a tiny step in the right direction for having individual colors, but as long as they're still locked colors, they do not help in customization. A faint, barely visible, checkered pattern does not trump out the fact that it is locked in red/black/white and I cannot change that. The only materials I ever use are tintable, and event still, I am mostly awaiting tintable chromas, things where I can change textures to metal, leather, or spandex, while still having full control of the colors. So this, like the insanely rare Neon Chromas, is honestly a rare I don't give a fig about. And that is good, because it's one fewer thing to milk my in-game savings of.

Overall, it's a 5/10. It's cheap. It doesn't break the bank. It doesn't hold much of interest, but it also doesn't lay a bunch of pressure on. The bulk of the feats will be fast and cheap to get, and the expensive stuff that I skip won't be anything I'll ever miss.
  12. Walvine Well-Known Player

I rate it one enhance poison ivy emblem equipped thank you dimensional ink.
  13. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I'm going to give it a speculative 8/10, because having the lackluster style set and material in the Time Capsule, leaves the "good stuff" for the actual DLC content we can grind for without buying Unlocked Time Capsules and/or Stabilizers. The Time Capsule itself gave us some extra and easily attainable feats ( 4 SP and some change total) to pad our stats with, or get those who are low on SP to that next % point they need.

Remember, those of us on the forums are a tiny fraction of the playerbase, and those of us with the ability to put 100+ SP in the primary, secondary, and tertiary stats are even less. The easy emblem feats are a godsend to newer and low-SP players.
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

As with all TCs there are bits I like and bits I don't. I think I'm in the minority but I actually really like the Oracle style, aside from the back and head (and to a lesser extent the shoulders, but I generally don't like shoulder styles anyway). I'm always in favour of new slimlines as they're my favourite types of styles to wear, and the way the extra pieces like hands, boots and waist sort of float off the base armour is nice. Plus the legs have built in heels for female characters, and we don't have enough heels.

After that the only thing I really want is Hawk's cape. I think it's a really great cape, very unlike anything we've gotten before. The rest of the styles I could take or leave. The accessory especially is not really my thing. Dove's goggles are alright but again, not something I'd put on my character for any extended amount of time. I'm indifferent towards emblems, I rarely use them. The Enhanced Manhunter one does tie really well into the Combat Protocol chest though so I'm rocking that at the moment to take a bit of the blandness out of the middle of the chest style.

Somehow, for the first time ever, I actually got lucky and had the ultra rare drop for me. Will probably hang on to it and sell it later on down the line and use the money towards Hawk's back piece as I want that more than the chromas.
  15. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

0/10 Because it's a time capsule and once again we have an ultra rare with a feat attached to it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oops forgot to rate it. Probably give it a 6/10 because I really like some of the styles, but I god dang hate that there is a feat attached to the Harlequin Chroma Pack (and feats attached in general, but that horse has already been beaten back to life and then killed again).
  17. Atrocitus Ps4 New Player

Embarrassed to admit. After spending around $400 and not getting 1 neon I’ll never purchase another time capsule in this game. This has nothing to do with the design team, you do a great job! But these drop rates are utterly ridiculous. My suggestion is to guarantee the drops after so many. If you open 100 or 150 or something guarantee the rare drops just like the mmm bop orbital and feat is guaranteed at 15 opened TC’s. 0 out of 10.
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

I like the slimline and Dove goggles as well. Sadly I really wanted to make Hawk armory, but after seeing only 2 of the T'charr collections (both 999 million) I passed.

To bad they created something that iconic and cool and essentially locked it away for 99.99% of the population.
    • Like x 1
  19. Darth Piper Loyal Player

If not for the feats, I think I would've just stopped with 15 capsules to get the orbital. For me, that was the only thing worth it. The styles? My reaction can be best summed up by "meh."
    • Like x 2
  20. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

I love this new TC, it gives me more chances to keep opening the Dark Multiverse ones...