Rare Gear Vendor - What happened to our "mark sinks"?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by blklightning, May 1, 2014.

1. blklightning New Player

Here we are... with a 175K MoT cap (bug notwithstanding) with nothing to spend them on. I've come into this DLC having already finished the Scion of Ion and Vestments sets. I'd LOVE to spend some marks on the other rare styles, but they've ALL been increased in price to MoF.

I understand the newer styles from DLC10 being priced at MoF, but it just doesn't make sense to me why one of our biggest mark sinks has been completely converted to MoF.

Soon, we'll all be capped on MoT with nothing to spend them on but awful Soder Turbos.

Is this a mistake or working as intended?
    • Like x 6
  2. Little Sister New Player

It's working as intended and we've known about it for a long time.
    • Like x 6
  3. Enickma Dedicated Player

I think the intention is for them to be available but for this to not be the primary method for obtaining them, hence the steep price in the highest level of marks.
    • Like x 3
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

doesnt mean its right. I mean u do all 3 t5 raids at monthly reset and u have enough MoT for your base for a year as long as the generators dont run out. We need more stuff 2 spend MoT on
    • Like x 3
  5. blklightning New Player

So... what to spend MoT on?

Rent just isn't going to cut it.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLoneLantern New Player

Well, if they didn't make the r&d consumables so [unpleasant expression] horrible with this animation pass, then I would suggest stocking up on catalyst Vs or VIs. However, since these consumables are pretty much worthless now, not sure what to tell you.
    • Like x 2
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

yea thats what i used 2 spend MoT on but like u said thats down the crapper now :p
  8. Ramonater New Player

how else are they gonna sell replay badges and keep you playing?
  9. daplatobah New Player

How the heck did you get 175,000 Marks of Triumphs?

I was only able to get 2 MoT's and it took me like 6 hours.
  10. blklightning New Player

I don't replay for things like that. I stop replaying after the drop rates are cut on loot. :p
    Naw, I'm at 61K right now, down from almost 100K yesterday. Won't be long before it's way up over the top. Would love to spend large sums on styles. Oh, I dunno 70*625=MoT to spend on those. Would be great, yet still not completely easy to obtain.
    • Like x 1
  11. daplatobah New Player

Well if I see you there I will take them from you!!
    im villain and I can climb buildings.
    • Like x 1
  12. Anhur Committed Player

Many veteran players have been sitting at the Triumph cap for so long now that many don't bother to venture into the older content and potentially provide support, advice or guidance to newer players - we need a MoT sink.

Halls of Power may present that opportunity - the ability to rent league boosters (ie spend 10K MoT for 5% stat boost or something), rent body guards/bouncers that stand outside the entrance - something!
    • Like x 3
  13. Ice Lantern New Player

It was never intended to be a marks sink. It's mean to be an expensive alternative to being at the mercy of a RNG.
    • Like x 3
  14. blklightning New Player

Which goes back to my question... what's the point of flooding us with MoT and having nothing to spend them on?

I understand that each new currency will convert on a larger basis, but our penny jars are going to fill up pretty quick, and we're not going to be able to roll them up and spend them.
    • Like x 1
  15. Scott Zyur New Player

16. Hraesvelg Always Right

I really, really hope that is included. There are many of us in league sitting near the pre-bug MoT cap. Being able to dump some into some league boosts would be totally awesome.
    • Like x 2
  17. RiskVsReward New Player

They are going to take Home Turf out of pvp, and add a new tier of mods that will cost much more MoTs to actually make HT viable for pve...

^this would be a dream come true
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The styles on Vendor 22 are highly rare, and intended to be so. They still drop where they always dropped, and the vendor option is just an option. It is always intended to be an end-game option, which maintains the rarity of the styles.
    • Like x 7
  19. IGotYA New Player

Keep That way, And I still need 3 pieces of hive and 4 of norseman.
    I would like to grind for it and if they make it MoT.... good bye finding groups to run those.
  20. Jeff Bond Committed Player

These styles shouldn't increase in cost or difficulty to obtain. The price of 70 MoR was high enough and if MoR are no more the price should be converted to whatever MoR become. aka Triumph.