Rant post

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by The Incredible Fly, Sep 17, 2013.

1. The Incredible Fly New Player

I may or may not get a lot of hate for this but I'm prepared for the consequences.

Being in a group does not make it your group. Being leader of a group does not make it your group. What I mean by this is, please stop trying to control your teammates. There's a time and place for everything and if the situation arises filling the position of captain can be necessary. Otherwise, stop granting yourself the title of head of the clan without any reason for doing so.

When loot drops, just because it's DPS doesn't mean other roles can't need on it... Sorry, but anyone can DPS and some of us need those drops for feats the same as you. Although yes if a DPS has requested that if a given item drops he/she gets that drop, it is ninja looting to need on it anyway, otherwise I'd say fair game... DPS shxt drops all the time, a hell of a lot more than other role gear. And as someone who never DPS's (maybe that's why I'm upset about it) I find it a pain in the asx to only ever be able to greed on DPS gear I know I'll never get because 90% of the time the DPS(s) will need on it whether they actually need it or not.

I'm not a controller, I'm a healer. And I've played every role because I believe it's good to be versatile, and to understand how your teammates will behave. So on behalf of all the controllers I have to say a few things. You are not a battery, you are a controller there for crowd control, power supply, and picking up KO'd allies. If someone is pressuring you for power tell them to shut the fuxk up and learn to spend it wisely. Although yes, if you find yourself regularly falling short of power demand maybe you should consider the gear you're in/the methods you're using, still... People really need to give trolls a break. Ever wonder why there are so few? They probably don't want to be yelled at when they're doing everything right.

Nothing is "OP." Maybe when it's first released, such as Celestial at the moment (although I honestly don't find it all that OP, but there's always a chance that it is) but otherwise all powers are balanced. Crying over a power being stronger than yours is always because any of the following reasons: a) you're mad it's putting out higher numbers than you on the scorecard b) you're mad it's wiping the floor with you in PvP/duels or c) you're mad you've tried it and haven't been as good with it as other people seem to be.
    There always seems to be a flavor of the week in DC. One power or ability will get singled out and labelled as OP because there has been a rise in it's usage or because someone made a convincing argument that got out of hand and warped into something else completely. If we keep getting nerfed we won't be able to complete anything so think about it before whining about it.

Healers are not your babysitters... Although I do very much enjoy taking the responsibility for anything stupid my teammates might do... Running ahead of the group, always positioning yourself between me and a wall, or deliberately pretending to be a tank by taking every slap to the face you can manage isn't going to make the healers like you. And in some cases, they'll just let you die. I honestly don't mind chasing my teammates around, it makes things interesting. But what I mind is when someone keeps dying by making the same mistakes and eventually decides to blame me. You could accuse me of being a bad healer and I wouldn't blame you, but I promise that's not the case... Just think about what you're doing before you yell at your healers. We're there to keep you alive not to see how bad we can stress the trolls out. That's what turns them into a battery. See the chain reaction there?

And finally, stop gloating and/or complaining about who wins or loses in a duel... For god sake, guys. I have an absolute field day in shout aggravating people who whine about losing in a duel or brag about stomping someone. Chill the fuxk out, it's a duel, not real life. Oh, I made you mad so you're going to spam me duel invites? Lol, sorry but if you KO me a hundred times it's not going to scratch me in the real world so stop being an eThug. It's good sport and a good way to kill time while waiting for Q's or getting to know the habits of a friend. Talking down to the loser or making excuses over the winner isn't going to solve anything it just makes you look like an asx.

Sorry for all the complaints but I felt like it might make for some interesting conversation. And a few of those points I just had to get off my chest.
  2. Mont New Player

What is carpal tunnel syndrome?

Carpal tunnel syndrome is pain, tingling, and other problems in your hand because of pressure on the median nerve in your wrist.
    The median nerve and several tendons run from your forearm to your hand through a small space in your wrist called the carpal tunnel. The median nerve controls movement and feeling [IMG] in your thumb and first three fingers (not your little finger).
    See a picture of the carpal tunnel [IMG].
    What causes carpal tunnel syndrome? TYPING TO MUCH INFORMATION INTO A FORUM THREAD THAT WILL BE DEAD BECAUSE NO ONE READS LONG POST

Pressure on the median nerve causes carpal tunnel syndrome. This pressure can come from swelling or anything that makes the carpal tunnel smaller. Things that can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome include:
    What are the symptoms?

Carpal tunnel syndrome can cause tingling, numbness, weakness, or pain in the fingers or hand. Some people may have pain in their arm between their hand and their elbow.
    Symptoms most often occur in the thumb, index finger, middle finger, and half of the ring finger. If you have problems with your other fingers but your little finger is fine, this may be a sign that you have carpal tunnel syndrome. A different nerve gives feeling to the little finger.
    You may first notice symptoms at night. You may be able to get relief by shaking your hand.
    How is carpal tunnel syndrome diagnosed?

Your doctor will do a physical exam and ask about your health and activities. You also may have some tests.
    Your doctor will ask if you have any health problems-such as arthritis, hypothyroidism, or diabetes-or if you are pregnant. He or she will ask if you recently hurt your wrist, arm, or neck. Your doctor will want to know about your daily routine and any recent activities that could have hurt your wrist.
    During the exam, your doctor will check the feeling, strength, and appearance of your neck, shoulders, arms, wrists, and hands.
    Your doctor may suggest tests, such as:
    • Blood tests to see if any health problems might be causing your symptoms.
    • Nerve testing to find out if the median nerve is working as it should.
    How is it treated?

Mild symptoms usually can be treated with home care. The sooner you start treatment, the better your chances of stopping symptoms and preventing long-term damage to the nerve.
    You can do a few things at home to help your hand and wrist feel better:
    • Stop activities that cause numbness and pain. Rest your wrist longer between activities.
    • Ice your wrist for 10 to 15 minutes 1 or 2 times an hour. Try taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to relieve pain and reduce swelling.
    • Wear a wrist splint at night to keep your wrist in a neutral position. This takes pressure off your median nerve. Your wrist is in a neutral position when it is straight or only slightly bent. Holding a glass of water is an example of your wrist in a neutral position
    • Like x 2
  3. The Incredible Fly New Player

I don't care if anyone reads it or not. It was just to get it off my chest and provoke some interesting conversation. But since you have nothing interesting to add, I'll be sure to avoid reading any other posts you might make in the future.
  4. Mont New Player

woooooooooohooooooooooooo
    • Like x 1
  5. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Mont, play nice.
  6. YodaDog New Player

Allow me to rephrase your awful post for you.

Dont tell you what to do.
    You'll roll whatever you want whenever you want on DPS pieces or anything else, even though you never DPS...
    Be nice to controllers. Eevryone is always so mean to controllers.
    All powersets are perfectly balanced. No nerfs or buffs needed anywhere, ever.
    Stay with the group and keep LoS with your healer because they arent babysitters even though you, yourself, enjoy babysitting.
    Stop bragging or crying over winning or losing a duel.

Cool story, Bro. Really. Riveting stuff.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mont New Player

i is. i coulda responded negatively, but i didnt, i reponded positively :)
    • Like x 1
  8. YodaDog New Player

I responded negatively... my bad.. havent had my coffee yet...
    • Like x 2
  9. Mont New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. YodaDog New Player

Mmmmm better... My bad, OP. Great post, brother. People are pretty mean to controllers...
  11. Mont New Player

i am a controller. i always get it, but i survvive
  12. YodaDog New Player

Me too.. :)
  13. TheRealDeathern New Player

Its called respect. Yes everyone can dps, so everyone can use the gear, but just as I would like to think the DPS wont be taking your troll or heal gear that they could potentially use, I would like to think that you would respect them in the same regard and not take their DPS gear. You have the option to greed on those items, or simply ask if the DPS still needs that particular peice, otherwise, IMO, you should respect the damagers the same as they respect you. They shouldn't have to say "I dont need that" without someone asking to prevent individuals from taking their drops.

Thank God the Devs finally addressed this in T5 content.
  14. The Incredible Fly New Player

I was really hoping for some convincing arguments... This is a let down.